User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was just looking at phone cases between the handling fee and the over 2 week delivery, yep not going to happen, went to amazon instead.

Also just to note none of the cases I wanted are sold in stores, had they of been sold in stores I would have run over tonight after work so now they have lost that business, amazon will ship for free to my house.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think Walmart is coming up with new rules based on locations. They have done some other stuff in the past (I can't remember to tell you) that the cashier and supervisor had a book listing these rules, but if I went to another store it wasn't an issue. I think Walmart is feeling the economic pinch for its shareholders and it transpires down to the consumers. Example charging for bags???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I don't mind paying for bags once in awhile but their bags aren't worth it too flimsy imo!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    dededi likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I used coupons and priced matched last Wednesday with no issues
    toronto166 likes this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    I don't mind paying for bags once in awhile but their bags aren't worth it too flimsy imo!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    one of the stores in my area has new bags and they're much less flimsy. i would assume they're charging for those bags, otherwise ia, i wouldn't paying for the thin ones!
    toronto166 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I just purchased a new small plastic tote for my little Walmart purchases to deal with the new policy. I plan to budget 50 cents per month for a possible 8 bags with HST just in case I buy more than planned in any month. Or will set aside some found money to deal with the plastic bags purchases.
    Here's another option...

Line up your purchases on the conveyor by priority... the "must have's" at the start, and the "can do withouts" near the end. If during checkout your bin or your BYOBags get filled up, tell the clerk "OK, I'm done. I decided I don't want the rest of those items if they don't fit in the bags I brought -- and I'm not paying 5c apiece for your bags"

They'll have to restock the unpurchased items... that'll cost them more than 5c in labour. might make them rethink the charging for bags.

Poirot and sweetmomma like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just found out that the Walmart in my area (Ajax) has started to charge for bags. Was in line and the people in front didn't realize that it had come into effect and the cashier was trying to rationalize that they had signs up telling customers. The only reason I sort of had any idea of this change was from Smart Canucks, didn't realize mine started charging for bags until they already have been for a few days.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    Here's another option...

Line up your purchases on the conveyor by priority... the "must have's" at the start, and the "can do withouts" near the end. If during checkout your bin or your BYOBags get filled up, tell the clerk "OK, I'm done. I decided I don't want the rest of those items if they don't fit in the bags I brought -- and I'm not paying 5c apiece for your bags"

They'll have to restock the unpurchased items... that'll cost them more than 5c in labour. might make them rethink the charging for bags.

The purpose is to get you AWAY from plastic bags and getting you to use reusable bags. They aren't making any money off of charging for bags. Just hope those things you leave behind are not perishables that cannot be reshelved....food waste. Plus a reason why you're starting to see a climb in prices.
    toronto166 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Just found out that the Walmart in my area (Ajax) has started to charge for bags. Was in line and the people in front didn't realize that it had come into effect and the cashier was trying to rationalize that they had signs up telling customers. The only reason I sort of had any idea of this change was from Smart Canucks, didn't realize mine started charging for bags until they already have been for a few days.
    Store in my city had been putting notices in bags that they received from Head Office in the boxes of bags about 3 weeks prior to charging starting - plus they had signs up at each register AND at the front entrance.
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am I missing something as to why people are mad that Walmart is now charging .05 cents a bag? I can only speak of the stores in my neighbourhood....No Frills, Metro, Loblaws and Giant Tiger. They all have been charging .05 cents a bag for a long time. I'm not sure why people are angry at Walmart. Not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

so funny that I never even noticed that my WM is now charging for bags ( since Monday apparently ? )
    When the cashier asked me this morning did I want to PAY for a bag, it was all I could do not to laugh. I said " oh! this location is finally charging now eh ? "
    Since I always have at least 1 canvas bag on me there is never a need to pay. Kind of glad for this policy change, waaay too many plastic bags were being wasted, now more customers will re-think how they carry home their items.
    coupon girl and toronto166 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not sure how to post a screen shot on here but if you go to http://www.walmart.ca/en/coupons and if you scroll down to the bottom there is something called Walmart Canada Coupons. It tells you what the stores should be following and the rights they have. One of them says - Ad Match can be used in conjunction with a single coupon. I just seen this the other day and I have never seen it before!
    agarla likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Msbeautifulsam View Post
    I am not sure how to post a screen shot on here but if you go to http://www.walmart.ca/en/coupons and if you scroll down to the bottom there is something called Walmart Canada Coupons. It tells you what the stores should be following and the rights they have. One of them says - Ad Match can be used in conjunction with a single coupon. I just seen this the other day and I have never seen it before!
    I've been meaning to post about this too! First noticed it a few days ago. I'm hoping this will help anyone still having issues at checkout.

Here's the print:

WALMART CANADA COUPONS
    Walmart Canada is committed to saving Canadians money so they can live better. One of the ways we support this is by accepting vendor coupons. Here are the procedures for accepting coupons in any store at Walmart Canada:

• Multiple coupons may NOT be applied for one item.
    • The item at checkout must be identical to the item on the coupon. This includes brand, packaging, weight, colour & size.
    • The date on the coupon cannot be expired.
    • The coupon must be valid in Canada and show a Canadian address.
    • If there is a barcode, it cannot be damaged.
    • Online coupons must be printed, not shown from a mobile device.
    • Coupons can be redeemed at any time during the transaction.
    • Ad Match can be used in conjunction with a single coupon.
    • There is no limit to the amount of coupons per transaction however Walmart reserves the right to limit quantities where a customer attempts to use multiple coupons for multiple purchases of the same item.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Msbeautifulsam View Post
    Walmart finally posted the official coupon policy.. All cashier tills have them now too.

Not sure if you're confusing the meaning or I am confused what you wrote but what it means is you may use one coupon per item and you're allowed to price match.

Sounds like Walmart is making it clear you can't use two coupons on a purchase. I guess people we're doing that?

My understanding is you can use one coupon per item and still price match. They don't want anyone to use two coupons on one product and price match either. Same goes for without price matching. Can't use two coupons on one product. Only one coupon per item.

So if I wanted to buy 5 cans of soup and use x5 $1 coupons for each and Price match that is definitely allowed. Hopefully the cashier's don't misunderstand it.

Name:  img_0818.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  60.9 KB
    Last edited by mandy403; Mon, May 30th, 2016 at 09:41 PM.
    Silk, sweetmomma, Abby1 and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mandy403 View Post
    Walmart finally posted the official coupon policy.. All cashier tills have them now too.

Not sure if you're confusing the meaning or I am confused what you wrote but what it means is you may use one coupon per item and you're allowed to price match.

Sounds like Walmart is making it clear you can't use two coupons on a purchase. I guess people we're doing that?

My understanding is you can use one coupon per item and still price match. They don't want anyone to use two coupons on one product and price match either. Same goes for without price matching. Can't use two coupons on one product. Only one coupon per item.

So if I wanted to buy 5 cans of soup and use x5 $1 coupons for each and Price match that is definitely allowed. Hopefully the cashier's don't misunderstand it.

Name:  img_0818.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  60.9 KB
    That is what I was meaning to say. My mom was told a week ago by cashier that you can only do one or the other (either price match or use coupon) but I knew that wasn't true. I was just posting this because others have been having the same issue. Thank you for posting a picture to clarify!
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information