User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Walmart's new policy, and you're not going to like it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always hated Walmart, and after today I hate it more!! I went and priced matched the maple leaf bacon from Loblaws'at $2.88, I bought the limit of 6, took the 2 free ready crisp to the cash. I said I will be price matching everything was fine until I handed her the coupons, she said you can't price match and use coupons it's one or the other!! I said, "since when", she pulls out this binder and the new policy and it stated that they no longer price match and take coupons!! I couldn't believe it, I explained that if I bought the bacon at Loblaws for $2.88 they would take the coupons!! I said, that Walmart would get the money back from the coupon..I said they are not really price matching then!! I was so upset!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Walmart
    redfox, barbis9, macw1960 and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

What?! Maybe, hopefully, it was just that store?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

one more reason to pass on walmart! there is very little positive about shopping there anymore.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luvthefree View Post
    one more reason to pass on walmart! there is very little positive about shopping there anymore.
    I live in a fairly small community, there are some things that I can only purchase at WM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yep I would rather pay a tiny bit more and shop at stores that give me promos or points programs for sure

-example spent 94 at shoppers today got everything except 4 items on sale but also got points and $10 for harveys and $ 10 for shoppers before march 20 I think
    Natalka, ROMEO, Angela273 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the opposite happened to me. Last night at Loblaws, they told me I cannot use coupon on an on sale item. Told me to go back when the sale is over, LOL.. I was so angry and left. Today I went to Walmart pmed and used coupon without an issue.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

SavvyLady I am really hoping this is not going to come to all WM stores ( and areas) The only reason savings happen is because we PM and use a coupon! Grrrr! not thrilled if this is coming.
    TaraF, ROMEO, Angela273 and 9 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    I had the opposite happened to me. Last night at Loblaws, they told me I cannot use coupon on an on sale item. Told me to go back when the sale is over, LOL.. I was so angry and left. Today I went to Walmart pmed and used coupon without an issue.
    I'm glad you got it!!when I told her the other Walmart's always take coupons, she said it's a new policy, maybe they don't know about it yet!!
    ROMEO, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope that doesn't come to London if so that would leave me with superstore only to pm and use coupons as we can no longer price match at no frills. Well I guess freshco as well but people have had hassles pm'ing and using coupons.

i don't get Walmart...you are going to piss off a lot of people and they get the money from the manufacturer so what is the big deal.
    TaraF, ROMEO, Ciel and 4 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow,not good
    ROMEO, macw1960, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I go to walmart weekly to price match and use coupons. If this happens they will lose us as customer's because No frills is actually closer to our house.

Walmart get your Sh*t together! You want me to shop at your store then you need to beat your competitor and allow coupon use together. The coupons have nothing to do with price matching. You'll get the money back from the manufacturers.

I hope Walmart reads this page.
    ROMEO, barbis9, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Today I had a cashier who had to ask permission of her supervisor to use a coupon. Period. Nothing special about it, just a plain ol tearpad. Seems to be a lot of new cashiers who have no clue. Maybe you should contact head office and ask them if this is the real policy or if the store has gone rogue?

Just another reason to go to Freshco. Don't have to fight crowds and don't have to wait an hour in line like at Walmart
    Last edited by torontogal12; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 01:14 AM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Did she actually show you where it said that in print or just open her binder and tell you that's what it says? Because as of 5 minutes ago, this is not reflected in their coupon policy or price match policy listed on the walmart.com website (if you google walmart canada coupon policy, it will only show up for walmart.com and I've been told that's the one used for Canada also).

Here's the site where you'll find both policies:

http://corporate.walmart.com/policies

There's also a link within the PM policy to their policy for PMing online retailers and I just learned that Walmart the store will PM their online site - walmart.ca in Canada, and walmart.com in the US and walmart.ca/.com will PM other online retailers. Certain guidelines/exceptions apply.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/...id/31/kw/price

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Mon, Feb 29th, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think the policies are set by the store managers directly. We have two WM in Oshawa and the one closer to me price matches Ontario wide while the other is local only (i think - don't shop there as they make up rules on the fly).

I was at walmart yesterday, I PM'd the bacon and dawn from Loblaws (6 bacon, 2 free ready crisp, and 6 dawn) and used coupons for each no problem. I also got 2 of the $1 ziploc 90s (pm bargain shop) and used my $2 WUB 2 Ziploc coupon no issue

I price matched almost my entire buggy - 35 items with no issue.
    ROMEO, macw1960, dededi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Did she actually show you where it said that in print or just open her binder and tell you that's what it says? Because as of 5 minutes ago, this is not reflected in their coupon policy or price match policy listed on the walmart.com webiste (if you google walmart canada coupon policy, it will only show up for walmart.com and I've been told that's the one used for Canada also).

Here's the site where you'll find both policies:

http://corporate.walmart.com/policies

There's also a link within the PM policy to their policy for PMing online retailers and I just learned that Walmart the store will PM their online site - walmart.ca in Canada, and walmart.com in the US and walmart.ca/.com will PM other online retailers. Certain guidelines/exceptions apply.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/...id/31/kw/price

Silk
    @Silk
    The canadian policy is located here: http://www.walmart.ca/en/help/products/pricing however I've had issues with PM walmart.ca in store and my store stopped PM online retailers a while ago (around the time when Lowes had the glade wax melt warmers on for under $1 and we had those $6 coupons floating around). I think the policies online are a general guideline for the stores but that they all set their individual local competitors and limits themselves.
    Thumpersmom, ROMEO, Silk and 5 others like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information