User Tag List

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2072Likes

Thread: March 2016 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Long day today at chemo. They had to give DH some magnesium intravenously as he was low. Each of these drugs has to go in separately so the time was extended. Also, the regular Dr. Is away and his replacement came in later. They won't start the actual chemo until it's play's by a doctor, especially since it has been changed this time. Also he had been dizzy yesterday so they had to delve into that, too.
    We are usually home by noon and eat there. I went down to the cafeteria -blick! I picked the least yucky thing and had a bare Oktoberfest sausage ( no bun)- some unappealing mixed vegetables and a few hard French Fries.

Time to go, apparently.

See us!
    Hope he feels better this afternoon (hugs) to you both. Have you contacted Boost for coupons just a thought, also noticed they are on sale this coming week at SDM, I believe.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just posted a lot of Schneiders and Maple LKeaf coupons up for trade, products that we don't tend to eat. I'm just going to pack up the kids to take them to NF. I want to pm WM and use the bacon coupons, hopefully it goes smoothly this time. I know that a supervisor will be called because I will be using more than $10 in coupons in one transaction.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hello everyone.
    As some of you may know by now I spent 12 days in hospital. Came home yesterday afternoon. I think I may have jumped the gun a bit. Still a lot weaker than I expected. My blood ended going about as low as possible...had 3 transfusions. The methotrexate also caused a lot of liver damage which in turn caused a lot of abdominal swelling and bloating. They drained 10 liters...22 pounds...of fluid. So far my day has consisted of breakfast, phone calls, a nap, lunch and sitting in the recliner. I`m exhausted.
    Probably won`t be posting much but I`ll be stalking the thread. Coming so very close to the end gives you a whole new perspective on life.
    @Avon still sending prayers your way.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, Crochetlady, so much you have gone through.

Hoping things get better quickly for you!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crochetlady -glad you are home -ahhh take care

-got a fair amount of cleaning done today -popped out to fortinos this morning
    -gotta watch ashlyn on Thursday
    -oh and ordered another on-line shop with my free virtual money win -3 bubble baths from fruits and passions -smart canucks gave a code for free shipping plus 15% off(plus I got a multi-deal for buying 3 from fruits and passions ) -worked out to 6. something each -gonna give my daughter one as she loves her baths and she deserves to be pampered with being pregnant and working so hard at work she puts in really long days

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got the bacon, but it took 30min at the till. The supervisor was called over twice in person, plus on the phone. The teller suspended the transaction and let the supervisor take it over to another till. That was frustrating and embarrassing. There sudden to became long lines at all 3 tills that were open. The supervisor ultimately let me use all of the coupons, but she explained to me that she'll hear about it from the person who does the paperwork and submits the coupons. I already knew about this No Frills $10 coupon policy, over that amount requires a code to be entered with each additional coupon. She told me that next time she won't let me use more than $10 in a transaction. I used $81.32 in coupons and paid $16.91 with my gc that ai got from redeeming $50 in points earlier this month. My receipt says 83% savings.

Pm WM Maple Leaf bacon $2.97 - $2.50 coupons = $0.47 each x 10
    $3.50 Schneiders Country Natural sandwich meats 175g - $2.50 coupons = $1 each x 8
    6x b3g1 Maple Leaf ready crisp bacon - entered at $5.97 each
    97c Dole Pineapple - 50c coup wub2
    bunch of bananas
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 23rd, 2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I think I'm falling behind on laundry. I don't know how much longer I can keep up handwashing all the socks and stains. LO comes back with a lot each day from daycare and DH comes back with quite a bit as well (random pen stains, dirt from getting in and out of the car, shirt sleeves, unknowns, etc.). The unfolded laundry is piling up, but I am able to fit more into drawers now with the Konmari folding methods. I found that I was folding some in the same way that she recommended, so no space savings there. It takes nearly an hour to hang all the laundry on the drying racks, especially all the tiny pairs of socks and underwear. I keep thinking that there must be an easier way but I just haven't thought of it yet.

It's time to release all the food from the days when I wasn't feeling well from the fridge. I was out of commission and DH wouldn't go about preparing foods he didn't like. Two whole cauliflowers in the compost. I should be happy it's not more.

I did find $0.25 in the shopping cart at No Frills and $10 on the floor of a local grocery store last week. I feel really badly for the person who lost it, because I know I felt terrible when I lost money. I guess it evens out the $320 I lost last year a bit.
    @Natalka and @coupon girl: Great deals!
    Laundry. Le sigh. If it is not time, it is money that costs. I now have a delicate bin for my hand wash and put them in the laundry. I stopped scrubbing stains and have implemented a scoop of OXYclean with every load and drape clothing that needs to be treated with Resolve over the edge. Baby poo explosions still require a quick rinse and scrub, but I am no longer working the stains out by hand, I am letting Resolve do the work.

I bought the OXYclean at Costco for $20 and it is lasting forever (since January and not even 1/2 way through). I plan to use it on my grout too. Same with the Resolve and my mom bought that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Long day today at chemo. They had to give DH some magnesium intravenously as he was low. Each of these drugs has to go in separately so the time was extended. Also, the regular Dr. Is away and his replacement came in later. They won't start the actual chemo until it's play's by a doctor, especially since it has been changed this time. Also he had been dizzy yesterday so they had to delve into that, too.
    We are usually home by noon and eat there. I went down to the cafeteria -blick! I picked the least yucky thing and had a bare Oktoberfest sausage ( no bun)- some unappealing mixed vegetables and a few hard French Fries.

Time to go, apparently.

See us!
    Prayers lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hello everyone.
    As some of you may know by now I spent 12 days in hospital. Came home yesterday afternoon. I think I may have jumped the gun a bit. Still a lot weaker than I expected. My blood ended going about as low as possible...had 3 transfusions. The methotrexate also caused a lot of liver damage which in turn caused a lot of abdominal swelling and bloating. They drained 10 liters...22 pounds...of fluid. So far my day has consisted of breakfast, phone calls, a nap, lunch and sitting in the recliner. I`m exhausted.
    Probably won`t be posting much but I`ll be stalking the thread. Coming so very close to the end gives you a whole new perspective on life.
    Prayers lifted.

Man hugs to you both. I hate seeing you hurt.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

My first world problem today was my cleaner cancelled. I decided to help with a third world problem. Church is doing a short term missions to Cuba. I bought cloth diapers and pins to send for the babes with the money that would have gone to the cleaner. My rule is if she cancels, I don't reschedule (she tries), but a last minute cancel happens 25% of the time. I was looking for a new one, but I can't find anyone who meets her rate (or comes close!!!). So I just decided to stop letting it bother me by doing something positive with the money when it happens. (The LOC would be the better idea, but it just didn't make me feel as good as clothing sweet baby bottoms!!!)
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hello everyone.
    My gosh, crocheted- I WAS wondering where you were after you described being so weak.
    I am hoping that the drs. have a road to wellness laid out for you! All good wishes and prayers heading your way.
    What a terrible time for you!
    Thank-you for thinking of us during your own major challenge! It's humbling and proves what good friends with have here on SC!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Laundry. Le sigh. If it is not time, it is money that costs. I now have a delicate bin for my hand wash and put them in the laundry. I stopped scrubbing stains and have implemented a scoop of OXYclean with every load and drape clothing that needs to be treated with Resolve over the edge. Baby poo explosions still require a quick rinse and scrub, but I am no longer working the stains out by hand, I am letting Resolve do the work.

I bought the OXYclean at Costco for $20 and it is lasting forever (since January and not even 1/2 way through). I plan to use it on my grout too. Same with the Resolve and my mom bought that for me.

Prayers lifted.

Prayers lifted.

Man hugs to you both. I hate seeing you hurt.
    Thank-you very much, Granger!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Dough for paska Easter bread is almost done in the breadmaker - now I'll need to shape it and make the decorations for the top and bake the first batch. It's wonderful that the machine does the kneading, but I sure wish the capacity were larger - it makes only one round loaf and a bit...

Hope everyone has a lovely day. We are still going to get bits of snow - not much at a time, but it's adding up, then a bit melts...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Well a 5 day long weekend here for the kids. Lucky ducks! Its snowing/raining now and I'm sure will be a messy day. Lucky for me I am not far from home. Office closes early today and I have a pedicure and nail appt. A treat for Spring lol. I'm sure Spring will return soon enough!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't get the search function in SC. I tried looking for some old posts of mine but the most recent was in August 2015!

@Frugalbigmama: When you said "hot tubing" I was imagining water tubing except hot! Ha ha! Sitting in a hot tub is completely different than being dumped into one after sliding down a tube!

I'd hang clothing in the closet, but a few years ago, I replaced most of the hangers with wooden ones. That's a big benefit to plastic hangers that I didn't think of!

@coupon girl: I had three or four repairs done on the weekend. I don't even know how many there were exactly but I guess it's wear and tear or all the Vector I've been eating. I chipped my front tooth twice while eating Vector! I called Kelloggs to ask what was in it, in case my dentist asked. The two FPCs they sent were nice, but it won't cover the $$$ bill from the dentist!!! I completely sympathize with you on the cost and thank goodness for the shopping savings, hm?

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@avoncallingu : I'm glad your DH has finished with the chemo appointment. One more down and one less to go. I think you and @Crochetlady are the Wonder Women of the frugal chatter thread!

Crochetlady, what an ordeal you've gone through! I'm glad you're both checking in with updates so we can all support, pray for, and encourage each other. Thanks for showing me that everything on my plate is really a first world problem and I hope we can give back to you in some small way.

To everyone, thank you for contributing to this thread. I love reading about all the coupon issues, random expenses that throw wedges in the budget, health issues, bread making, demanding jobs, taxes, etc. It's not good that bad things happen, but it's nice to know that no one is struggling alone and somehow, dinners are made, new savings are found, and colds get better. And one of the best parts is that we're all interconnected by our frugal ways into each others lives, despite the distances and lifestyles that might normally separate us.

It seems a lot easier to talk to the internet than open up to a live person these days so it's nice to share and to hear everyone share back about events and lives that we would probably never experience in real life. So I'm passing around the virtual box of chocolates and hoping that everyone stays for awhile.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ that's said so nicely, @sweet sparrow

The searching for past posts has been awol for a while - some of us have asked about it in the Sites thread, but nothing has been done about it. I hadn't realized how much I used it and/or found it useful until it was gone!

Well, first pans of paska are done - drat that the twisted rope cross design on the big one separated a bit from the base and cracked on part of it - but I tasted the little tester loaf and YUM!

I'll try another batch this aft.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information