Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So whats the exchange rate?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    No idea just screen capped the email looks like those 2 amounts must be worth $60?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow. I would have converted most of my optimum points for pcpoints. But sadly i didn't get any email.

Last time they sent this type of invitation to some members and exchnage rate was terrible.

Hey everyone. Do you think sdm will offer a good exchange rate for once and then replace optimum program with pcplus program? What does your gut+sixth sense say?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. I would have converted most of my optimum points for pcpoints. But sadly i didn't get any email.

Last time they sent this type of invitation to some members and exchnage rate was terrible.

Hey everyone. Do you think sdm will offer a good exchange rate for once and then replace optimum program with pcplus program? What does your gut+sixth sense say?
    Well I would hope not as I think shoppers would lose a lot of business. I only buy at shoppers when there is a good sale and a good optimum offer. With their everyday prices so much higher then anywhere else you need good points offer in order to make it worthwhile and PC plus bases their program mostly on product offers as opposed to spend x get x points like shoppers if you get an offer for a product that is not on sale you probably wouldn't use it. (Or at least us SC'ers wouldn't as we are savvy shoppers.)
    i think shoppers business model works as it is. If you take away opportunities to get lots of points you also take away desire to shop for overpriced items. If that makes sense? Just my opinion but if they were smart they would leave well enough alone...but I fear they can't help themselves. Don't get me wrong I love PC plus...where I buy a lot...mostly at superstore where I can price match and use coupons and use PC plus offers, but if I had to shop at overpriced loblaws to get PC points I wouldn't have a 1/4 of the points I have now. Sorry I blabbed on!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I won't be switching.

Check out this blog post

http://smartcanucks.ca/exchange-your...k-your-emails/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Well I would hope not as I think shoppers would lose a lot of business. I only buy at shoppers when there is a good sale and a good optimum offer. With their everyday prices so much higher then anywhere else you need good points offer in order to make it worthwhile and PC plus bases their program mostly on product offers as opposed to spend x get x points like shoppers if you get an offer for a product that is not on sale you probably wouldn't use it. (Or at least us SC'ers wouldn't as we are savvy shoppers.)
    i think shoppers business model works as it is. If you take away opportunities to get lots of points you also take away desire to shop for overpriced items. If that makes sense? Just my opinion but if they were smart they would leave well enough alone...but I fear they can't help themselves. Don't get me wrong I love PC plus...where I buy a lot...mostly at superstore where I can price match and use coupons and use PC plus offers, but if I had to shop at overpriced loblaws to get PC points I wouldn't have a 1/4 of the points I have now. Sorry I blabbed on!
    You make excellent points about the prices and return on investment. I totally agree.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post
    Just got an email about exchanging points between pc points and optimum

Hmmmm I'm kinda freaked out about this!
    I received the same email invitation. The exchange rate is 38,000 Optimum points ($60.00 value) to 60,000 PC Plus points ($60.00 value). I had to think this over for about 2 seconds. You can also, as I did, exchange that same value in multiples up to a maximum (which I can't recall offhand). For me, PC offers more spending options, including redeeming for gift cards.

I should add that the PC points were added to my account immediately.
    macw1960, lecale, innaor and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Hmmm, for that exchange rate I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=annedougherty;6579449]Hmmm, for that exchange rate I would do it in a heartbeat.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    me too..many more options and with price matching much better value

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aaaahhhh..finally someone came out of the closet who actually liked this 38k=$60 pcpoints conversion. Convert 38k optimum points to pcplus points, buy sdm gc using these pcpoints, spend thsi gc at sdm to get more optimum points.

But i guess it's just a test run. I beleive NO ONE converted their sdm points last time because of those terrible exchange rates. So they offered this exchange rate. They are doing a test run basically.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't price match at No Frills or Superstore and have yet to find any coupon board. Loblaws is all the way across the city.
    I can walk to SDM but have to walk 1 hour or take one bus to No Frills and 2 buses for Superstore.
    I have to plan my No Frills shop around a 90 minute bus ticket so its free if I combine with a doctors appointment or factored into savings/weight of carrying items. 1 or 2 bus tickets is a lot cheaper then a cab ride home which requires a lot of shopping.
    I can stretch my optimum points pretty far with sales and bonus points and redemptions are very strategically planned to the maximum.
    There are items that I can only get at No Frills or they are just so much cheaper that I keep a running list of items to get. My PC points come from my credit card and requires 20,000 min. to cash out.
    I live behind a grocery store that does price match and has good sales and clearances which nets me PC points when bought on credit.
    So with a matched amount of redemption it wouldn't make much sense for me to convert optimum to PC.
    macw1960 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Soooo happy I got this email! Points have been exchanged and I came up on top! I usually only ever spend 10$ or less at SDM, and the max redemption I have ever done has been for 8k. So 38k has a value of just under 50$ for me...woot woot!
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Soooo happy I got this email! Points have been exchanged and I came up on top! I usually only ever spend 10$ or less at SDM, and the max redemption I have ever done has been for 8k. So 38k has a value of just under 50$ for me...woot woot!

So exactly how many pcpoints did you get in exchange for 38k optimum pts?
    macw1960, d.ot, Cata and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So exactly how many pcpoints did you get in exchange for 38k optimum pts?
    Sorry if that wasn't clear, 47.50 sdm = 60 in pc pts at the lowest threshold
    For me this is a good deal, because I can stretch those sdm points way more with the pc pts
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information