User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Money Maker with Koodo (Moto X Play or Samsung Grand Prime or Moto G 3rd Gen)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Thanks OP. got a moto x play on sat. like the phone so far. The TMS rep only gave me 200$ worth of points he didnot match the trade in of 75$. Well, I could have negotiated more but didn't. kicking myself for it.
    I am glad you liked it.. I already unlocked the phone and giving it to my mom.. and I hope you used the referral to get extra $50..
    dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Get $50 Koodo Bill Credit (until Mar 31, 2016)

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/2ORuGmE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by wavi View Post
    I am glad you liked it.. I already unlocked the phone and giving it to my mom.. and I hope you used the referral to get extra $50..
    yes like the phone so far. I have to still unlock it. Is the moto G deal dead or still available? Is there a trade in available for that? I see upto $100 trade in in wowmobile website. TMS has 180 $ no term and 175$ worth of points. with referral and trade in it is a very good phone to get for my dad.

yes, used my friends referral to get it. don't see it yet in the bill.
    Koodo - gets 25$ for both of us
    https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/7QdCWWt

Get Free Gift Cards & Cash for everyday things you do online
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Swaggycindy

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please don't get me wrong, Koodo is not a bad network at all (since it is under Telus) - I have old Bell plan that I am paying month to month.. If you want to stay with Koodo please do so..

I have heard some good things about Public Mobile lately.. it is also under Telus network.. Chatr & Mobilicity are good choice too (they are under Rogers)
    I went to sign up with the same kind of deal as you got earlier today - the offer was a 2 year contract at $45.00 plus $10.00 (for the phone)monthly . I was supposed to receive 200000 pts = $200.00 - Once the paperwork was done, it was suddenly 45.00 plus $15.00. I was told the promotion was over and they forgot to tell the Koodo rep. We still agreed to the deal. Then when he tried to activate the phone, it turned out this particular phone had been sold just recently to another customer and he could ot activate - it was the only phone he had in his inventory. The poor guy (the rep is a student and only started about a week earlier)kept apologizing over and over. We finally cancelled the paperwork to avoid being billed immediately for a non existing phone. So you can see, I now have serious doubts about Koodo. By the way, they had a big sihn in front of the desk, advertising the promotion at $45 plus $10.00 (for 2 years to pay for the Phone - but Koodo did not honor it
    So much for Koodo

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Couponcrinch View Post
    I went to sign up with the same kind of deal as you got earlier today - the offer was a 2 year contract at $45.00 plus $10.00 (for the phone)monthly . I was supposed to receive 200000 pts = $200.00 - Once the paperwork was done, it was suddenly 45.00 plus $15.00. I was told the promotion was over and they forgot to tell the Koodo rep. We still agreed to the deal. Then when he tried to activate the phone, it turned out this particular phone had been sold just recently to another customer and he could ot activate - it was the only phone he had in his inventory. The poor guy (the rep is a student and only started about a week earlier)kept apologizing over and over. We finally cancelled the paperwork to avoid being billed immediately for a non existing phone. So you can see, I now have serious doubts about Koodo. By the way, they had a big sihn in front of the desk, advertising the promotion at $45 plus $10.00 (for 2 years to pay for the Phone - but Koodo did not honor it
    So much for Koodo
    I picked up a MOTO X Play on Saturday as well, my experience has been good with Koodo so far, used similar promo to get a MOTO G last year, at that time one could cancel after one month. I was told by the sales rep that they will be restocking MOTO G 3, so if anyone is interested then call around locally, and do not forget to get a referral code from someone and activate it using the same name and email that you intend to use BEFORE heading out to purchase, to recieve $50 until March 31st.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So much for Koodo
    Which phone were you trying to get? Moto X play? That deal was valid till Sunday as I mentioned in my post and it was for WOW mobile boutique since they offer $75 trade in credit for your old broken phone.. (I removed my post because the deal was over for Moto X Play).. You can still get Moto G and Samsung Grand Prime for $3 in ON..

There is no contract with Koodo.. they take the price of phone (e.g., Moto G is 120) and divide it by 24 months (120/24 = $5). That's how much they charge you every month and call it "TAB".. the day you decide to cancel, you pay the remaining tab.. for example if you cancel after 3 months (3 x $5), you will pay on your final bill TAB Debit of $105..

Is there a reason you wanted $45/month plan? Will you be using Koodo or will cancel after 90 days? If you will cancel, get the cheapest plan of $25/month and then switch to seasonal hold ($15/month)..

Since you mentioned the 200,000 pts, I am assuming you went to The Mobile Shop??

the sign in front was by The Mobile Shop.. it was not Koodo's fault since they didn't leave the sign there.. and the person working at The Mobile Shop is not a Koodo rep.. they sell PC mobile, Fido, Virgin, Koodo, Telus, Rogers, Bell etc..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was about to go get this deal but I did some research on the Moto G and Samsung GP and decided they are a little underpowered for me. I would like at least 16 gb internal space and 2 gb ram. I don't need anything super powerful like Samsung S7, but a Moto X Play would be perfect. Unfortunately the deal for that ended on Sunday.

Do you think they will another deal for the Moto X Play soon? Or another phone equal to it in capability?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am keeping my eye on it as well for another member of the family, if I see it happening, I will let you know.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I was about to go get this deal but I did some research on the Moto G and Samsung GP and decided they are a little underpowered for me. I would like at least 16 gb internal space and 2 gb ram. I don't need anything super powerful like Samsung S7, but a Moto X Play would be perfect. Unfortunately the deal for that ended on Sunday.

Do you think they will another deal for the Moto X Play soon? Or another phone equal to it in capability?
    Long weekend is coming.. let's see if they have any deals.. just a note, most WOW mobile stores are out of stock for Moto X Play.. they flew off the shelves on last Friday and Saturday..

if you are willing to pay around $130.. you can look into getting LG G3 from WOW mobile.. it has 3GB RAM, better camera, removable battery.. overall a great phone..

LG G3 at WOW Mobile Boutique:

$360 Tab
    -$75 Trade in credit (even if phone is broken and non functional - but has a valid IMEI or Serial number)

$5 Sim Card
    $45 Seasonal Hold (for 3 months)

$335 (Before Taxes)
    $378.55 (After ON Taxes)

-$50 Referral Credit
    -$200 MasterCard/Visa Gift Cards

The phone will cost you $128.55 in ON. For AB; it will cost you $101.75.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have always gotten prepaid phones just curious do they still do a credit check if you buy on a plan especially if you are planning on putting the price of phone on the tab

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DEAL FOR MOTO G and SAMSUNG GRANDE PRIME GOT EVEN BETTER..

THE MOBILE SHOP is having a Scratch and Win from Mar 24 to Mar 31. You can win 10,000 to 100,000 points on top of 150,000 points..

"Limited time offers effective from March 24th to March 31st, 2016 in addition to standard in-market offer of up to 100,000 PC points for new activation's and upgrades on select carriers, phones and plans, customers will receive a digital scratch play with qualifying purchase. Each digital scratch card play offers the chance to win 10,000, 25,000, 50,000, 75,000 or 100,000 PC points, redeemable at participating grocery stores where President’s Choice products are sold. Odds of winning: 10,000 PC points, 50%; 25,000 PC points, 20%; 50,000 PC points, 15%; 75,000 PC points, 10%; 100,000 PC points, 5%. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. Age of majority Canadian residents (excluding Quebec) only. Skill-testing question required. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. See full contest rules including eligibility restrictions and how to enter without a purchase at participating The Mobile Shop kiosks. ®/™ PC, President’s Choice, and The Mobile Shop are trademarks of Loblaws Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. The loyalty program is provided by President’s Choice Services Inc."

Please see below (in my signature) for referral link.. and thank you to those who have signed up with my referral..
    Last edited by wavi; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 12:21 PM.
    dededi and Couponcrinch like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Which phone were you trying to get? Moto X play? That deal was valid till Sunday as I mentioned in my post and it was for WOW mobile boutique since they offer $75 trade in credit for your old broken phone.. (I removed my post because the deal was over for Moto X Play).. You can still get Moto G and Samsung Grand Prime for $3 in ON..

There is no contract with Koodo.. they take the price of phone (e.g., Moto G is 120) and divide it by 24 months (120/24 = $5). That's how much they charge you every month and call it "TAB".. the day you decide to cancel, you pay the remaining tab.. for example if you cancel after 3 months (3 x $5), you will pay on your final bill TAB Debit of $105..

Is there a reason you wanted $45/month plan? Will you be using Koodo or will cancel after 90 days? If you will cancel, get the cheapest plan of $25/month and then switch to seasonal hold ($15/month)..

Since you mentioned the 200,000 pts, I am assuming you went to The Mobile Shop??

the sign in front was by The Mobile Shop.. it was not Koodo's fault since they didn't leave the sign there.. and the person working at The Mobile Shop is not a Koodo rep.. they sell PC mobile, Fido, Virgin, Koodo, Telus, Rogers, Bell etc..
    Thank for the detailed info. Yes, I did go to the Mobile Shop at the Canadian Superstore - But he was not aware of any "Seasonal Hold Plan" - And NO, we did not blame the rep for one minute, only Koodo for not communicating with the rep.
    The rep could not have been nicer in a very professional way.
    We are still following up on the purchase, as the rep has now offered to search for an unclaimed Moto X.
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank for the detailed info. Yes, I did go to the Mobile Shop at the Canadian Superstore - But he was not aware of any "Seasonal Hold Plan" - And NO, we did not blame the rep for one minute, only Koodo for not communicating with the rep.
    The rep could not have been nicer in a very professional way.
    We are still following up on the purchase, as the rep has now offered to search for an unclaimed Moto X.
    the rep at kiosk cannot do a seasonal hold.. on seasonal hold; you don't get voice calling or text or anything.. sign up with $25/month plan and then switch to seasonal hold.. in order to get Seasonal Hold ($15/month): you either have to call Customer Service or you have to wait 7-9 days after activating to have your new billing cycle start and do it online on self serve.. I would wait 7-9 days as a lot of people are calling customer service to change the plan to seasonal hold right away and they may say NO.. you can always give a try..

in terms of communication.. that Moto X Play special deal was only available at WOW Mobile for $240 tab.. some Mobile Shop were price matching but technically it was only valid at WOW mobile from Friday to Sunday..

The Mobile Shop is also having a Scratch and Win from Mar 24 to Mar 31. You can win 10,000 to 100,000 points on top of 200,000 points for Moto X Play.. most people will probably win 10,000 points..

And make sure you register to referral link BEFORE you get the phone.. and use the same name and email on both registration and when opening your koodo account..
    Last edited by wavi; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 02:09 PM.
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

the rep at kiosk cannot do a seasonal hold.. on seasonal hold; you don't get voice calling or text or anything.. sign up with $25/month plan and then switch to seasonal hold.. in order to get Seasonal Hold ($15/month): you either have to call Customer Service or you have to wait 7-9 days after activating to have your new billing cycle start and do it online on self serve.. I would wait 7-9 days as a lot of people are calling customer service to change the plan to seasonal hold right away and they may say NO.. you can always give a try..

in terms of communication.. that Moto X Play special deal was only available at WOW Mobile for $240 tab.. some Mobile Shop were price matching but technically it was only valid at WOW mobile from Friday to Sunday..

The Mobile Shop is also having a Scratch and Win from Mar 24 to Mar 31. You can win 10,000 to 100,000 points on top of 200,000 points for Moto X Play.. most people will probably win 10,000 points..

And make sure you register to referral link BEFORE you get the phone.. and use the same name and email on both registration and when opening your koodo account..
    Thanks for the details. We just contacted Koodo about the seasonal hold and we were told that this simply means, we can freeze the service for up to 3 months (no calls allowed and of course no other service than the Hold) but still $15 per month during this time period. We are on our way to the Koodo booth. and yes, I am using your refer code - thanks again
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the details. We just contacted Koodo about the seasonal hold and we were told that this simply means, we can freeze the service for up to 3 months (no calls allowed and of course no other service than the Hold) but still $15 per month during this time period. We are on our way to the Koodo booth. and yes, I am using your refer code - thanks again
    sweet.. happy to help..

make sure you turn off the network/cellular data in the settings and just connect to wifi.. since the $25/month plan is only voice & text.. I think they don't charge for data until your billing cycle (7-9 days after activation) but don't quote me on that.. check with Koodo if you need to use data for those few days..

lets us know how many pc points you got out of scratch & win.. and how are you liking the phone so far..
    dededi likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information