• 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By Bloodymary
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By doris17

Thread: Starbucks in Loblaws stores - coming soon

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Dec 22nd, 2018
    At least in Ontario, larger Loblaws stores are setting up Starbucks inside.
    Hmmm, did they learn a lesson from Target having Starbucks in their stores?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Starbucks, Target
    Horndogg likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that's a fabulous idea. But don't you also find that if Starbucks is everywhere it will lose its "specialness" eventually?
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's already lost its "specialness." We have a Tim Horton's in our Superstore and that's fine with me. I gave up drinking Starbucks when one day I finally refused to spend $6 on a single cup of foo-foo coffee. I don't like their brewed coffee so that doesn't leave much for me there.
    Thumpersmom, Ciel, lecale and 1 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For me, Starbucks is the place where marvelous ideas are born. Moreover, it was New York where I taste my first delicious Starbucks cup)
    ROMEO, Ciel and anastasia1009 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I would love this but there are NO Loblaws near me.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I would love a starbucks in my store - living out west it was common to have a starbucks at safeway
    ROMEO, Ciel and ClipClap like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But that's the point, they don't want it to be special, they want it to be the default.

I actually don't like Starbucks anymore because they are too nice that they attract so many laptop hobos. These people sit there all day buying just $1.50 and get unlimited refills for hours. Some of them even plug their laptops to the sockets, stealing the electricity. When I take my baby in for afternoon snack so grown ups can get a coffee too, these kids actually roll their eyes at us! Dude, this isn't your office. We buy $15-20 worth, leave within 30 minutes. They are punishing good customers!

I especially hate when they have Starbucks in Chapters. The laptop hobos each take one whole table, take the books to the cafe like it is the library. Eat and drink and dirty the books with food crumbs. Then take pictures of the pages and leave the book there. They externalize the cost to actual book buyers. You know, I get that if you don't have money, you can't buy a lot of things, but please go to the library! Or at least read the book by the shelves and don't make them dirty for actual buyers.

Besides, I feel that people like Starbucks only because it is expensive. They are not that good, you know. For a coffee chains, I think Second Cup is far superior.
    ROMEO, Ciel and GoJays like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They just redid a loblaws store in London and it has a little cafe selling lavazza coffee. Hard to imagine they are going to pull that out and replace with Starbucks...but then again this store is always full of university students so it will be a good fit. I am always amazed at the number of students with cart full of food. I hardly shop at loblaws as it is so expensive and they took away the coupon zone when they redid this store. I usually only pop in 2x a month when I am going by to check out clearance. Sorry got off topic
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    They just redid a loblaws store in London and it has a little cafe selling lavazza coffee. Hard to imagine they are going to pull that out and replace with Starbucks...but then again this store is always full of university students so it will be a good fit. I am always amazed at the number of students with cart full of food. I hardly shop at loblaws as it is so expensive and they took away the coupon zone when they redid this store. I usually only pop in 2x a month when I am going by to check out clearance. Sorry got off topic
    When I worked cash, in August and January, parents bought grocery store gift cards for their university and college age children. This way, they know the money goes towards groceries at that grocery store.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Some of them even plug their laptops to the sockets, stealing the electricity.
    It's the whole point of those sockets - to let customers plug in their devices. Usually there are at least 4-6 sockets along one wall, always near the tables, not hidden or anything. Stealing is a really strong word in this case.
    As for Chapters locations, there are always clearly written signs - "No unpaid books allowed", or something like that. As always, there are people violating rules, but you can complain, talk to Starbucks or Chapters employees if you feel so strong about it.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I used to have to do spot checks of reading material at the Starbucks side of the store. One wise patron has his Chapters receipt taped inside his book! The magazine readers did not knock themselves out to return magazines they left on the floor by the armchairs near the fireplace.

Starbucks will likely pop up in the Loblaws stores that don't carry the Pane Fresco (Fresh Bread) food counters and coffee/dessert counters like Fortinos does.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Well, last night we went down to single digit temperatures.
    Today, I saw some cars driving by with s. sn. sno. snow.
    It's rained after that.
    So good thing the lawn was not mowed.
    Ciel likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have a Tim Hortons at our loblaws super centre. Hmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.

Thread Information