User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My house is very close to the neighbours so I've called a few companies and they're not even interested in providing an estimate. There are lots of houses in the city that are close like mine so there must be companies willing to do this work. Anyone have any recommendations?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Think you might have to consider what your municipality or regional authority says on property boundaries and if you might need to inform the neighbours of any need(or obtain permission) for the trades to encroach over the boundaries in order to ensure safe ladder use/tarping to catch dropped materials etc.

One neighbour's home is very close to a property line and when the neighbor had a roofing crew over, said crew and neighbour had not asked to go over the line for their work. I recall saying something to family members and knew no one had asked about it, especially since a vehicle or two was parked on our side near that line. So if you are on good terms with neighbours, start making inquiries.

As for the companies, you have to find out what is causing them to not consider visiting your home to provide an estimate.
    I've seen a small van with that eavestroughing former trailer at a small condo project in my area and the houses are close to each other. The troughs were made on the driveway-not sure how the workers got them up and mounted. You might wish to consider if any local post-secondary college with trade programs might have new graduates with businesses interested in getting some houses to work on for their portfolio to showcase their work. Try the careers/employment/hr lines and inquire.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information