User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu

Thread: Rodent advice?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Mon, May 2nd, 2016
    A family of rats have gotten in my home drywall (not the Disney version). One rat caught in a trap was over 4 inches in the body and more than double that with the tail. Surveillance cameras have shown a 2nd rat the same size over the dead body when I'm asleep at night. What I can hear.... there may be several more.

Pest control has been called, but everyone is busy and no one is available on Sunday's. I bought traps and baited with chocolate and peanut butter. That rat is smart at getting away.

Just wondering.... what are other people experiences with rats that have gotten into homes and behind walls. I hate to demolish my heritage home.
    •Is the only solution to set up traps and wait for them to come out to a trap?
    ◦How long does it take for your home to be rodent free? days? weeks? months?
    ◦What does it cost?
    •I realize poison is not the answer as the dead animal can return behind the wall making the job more complicated.
    •At what point would you need to repair wall damage to insulation?
    ◦How do they check? Do they drill holes every 3 feet?
    ◦Do I need to check the wiring?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

All valid concerns. I'd also like to know the answers to this if anyone has first hand experience to provide them!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I saw a rat on our back porch. We bought high-pitched (even dogs don't react) plug-in rodent repelling thingies at Home Hardware. Never saw them (the rodents) again. Had to place the sonic devices throughout the house so that they didn't just find another place in the house to hide.

Daughter had your problem and it died in the wall which was a disaster as it decayed there.
    Candini likes this.

Thread Information