• 3 Post By SavvyLady
  • 3 Post By Poirot
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By bullet tooth

Thread: Cheap house paint

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looking for inexpensive interior house paint -- does anyone know of places that sell their mis-tints for half off, or similar things to that?

I need various colours in various amounts, so I am not looking for gallons of the same paint. I just need to find someone liquidating this kind of stuff -- one of y'all MUST know?!

Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We have had some success with the Restore with Habitat for humanity. Do you have one near you? Also, often, now that spring is coming and people will begin work on their homes, I find a selection of mistints in the paint section of Home Depot and Lowes. Both of these are hit and miss of course.

I have a friend who painted her large living/dining room/ kitchen by buying similar yellow paints in the mistints section and throwing them together in a five gallon bucket. She added left over trim paint white. The total cost was $34 for a 20x 30 room with 10' ceilings. It was rather impressive and lovely.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Most paint shops sell mistints....you just have to ask. They normally keep the mistints out back in their warehouse awaiting disposal, but they will gladly sell to you for cheap. I bought 4x gallons of mistint for $30.

As for cheap interior paint, I've been using the LOOP paint (Walmart, although I think it's being phased out), and the RONA ECO recycled paint. The RONA paint normally goes on sale for $10 a gallon, and it covers very well. It's all pretinted so you have a selection of about 20 different types.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you!
    Gonna try asking at Walmart or similar store first, then hit up the ReStore (which I never even CONSIDERED!)

Thanks again, both!
    macw1960 and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The Benjamin Moore stor near me always have mistints and it's really cheap and good quality paint.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Try Canadian Tire too.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

macw1960 and bullet tooth like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG THAT IS SOMEWHAT THRILLING, but I am not within the region :'(

That's p f'n cool of you to think of me when you saw this, THEN TAG ME SO I CAN SEE IT -- that's the nicest thing that's ever happened on the Internet.

I managed to score a gallon for an obscenely low price on Kijiji in some kind of miraculous feat of luck, so that will keep me busy for while :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    matty's mom and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bullet tooth View Post
    OMG THAT IS SOMEWHAT THRILLING, but I am not within the region :'(

That's p f'n cool of you to think of me when you saw this, THEN TAG ME SO I CAN SEE IT -- that's the nicest thing that's ever happened on the Internet.

I managed to score a gallon for an obscenely low price on Kijiji in some kind of miraculous feat of luck, so that will keep me busy for while :3
    OP, I don't think that the free paint is unique to Durham Region. I think other munipalities also do this one time or another. Maybe you will see it at a local recycling event

Thread Information