Thread: New Cash Register Software System

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

After coupons and redemption my payable amount was $6.80
    Ciel, maple7 and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I did 20x the points today(first time in about two months), got the base points before manager coupons, however my personal offer of 6000 pts wus 20.00 on food and snacks didn't go through.
    I called and was told threshold offers are no longer combinable. Wish I had known that before I shopped, I spent an extra $10.00 on stuff that's just going to make my butt bigger lol.
    Ciel, MrsMer, Judyhill and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    I did 20x the points today(first time in about two months), got the base points before manager coupons, however my personal offer of 6000 pts wus 20.00 on food and snacks didn't go through.
    I called and was told threshold offers are no longer combinable. Wish I had known that before I shopped, I spent an extra $10.00 on stuff that's just going to make my butt bigger lol.
    I had the same offer...well candy and snacks, cashier was trying to convince me that it would work but I didn't believe her and did as separate transactions which did work. Glad I payed attention to my instincts.
    Ciel, Anna Michele, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by momi View Post
    After coupons and redemption my payable amount was $6.80
    @momi , so the system let you apply the coupons to taxes??? I'm reading this as you bought $99 - $85 redemption = $14+, applied $19+ in coupons as "tender" i.e. cash, which covered some tax?
    Ciel, momi, dededi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    @momi , so the system let you apply the coupons to taxes??? I'm reading this as you bought $99 - $85 redemption = $14+, applied $19+ in coupons as "tender" i.e. cash, which covered some tax?
    I had a similar situation there was only tax left and the full coupon applied to it so yes
    In the new system *

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
    Ciel, momi, amira84 and 3 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    I had a similar situation there was only tax left and the full coupon applied to it so yes
    In the new system *

That's awesome. I guess we technically can use points to cover tax then. Thank you for replying!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

So I'm not sure if the new system at my store has been updated? But I dislike it. Lol. I had an offer for when j spent $30. I used to be able to bring my total down with coupons/manager coupons but no longer can. I had well over $30 today and was down to about $12 after coupons and manager stickers and I did not get my bonus points.

I also dislike how the manager coupon comes off the product and it shows the price paid. I forsee that causing issues on rebate apps. Oh well. But I'm not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by samm07; Sat, Apr 23rd, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
    dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In the new system *

That's a fantastic news. But i am alittle bit confused. So lets say i buy some food (milk, bread, eggs, cereal) and my subtotal is $30. Suppose i have $3 in coupons. I redeem 22k points for $30. My after redemption total will be $0 because there is no tax on these things. Right. Then they will ring in my coupons worth $3.00. So does this mean they will be paying me $3.00 for my coupons?
    maple7 likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    That's a fantastic news. But i am alittle bit confused. So lets say i buy some food (milk, bread, eggs, cereal) and my subtotal is $30. Suppose i have $3 in coupons. I redeem 22k points for $30. My after redemption total will be $0 because there is no tax on these things. Right. Then they will ring in my coupons worth $3.00. So does this mean they will be paying me $3.00 for my coupons?
    I doubt they would pay out maybe just let you keep the coupons
    If you knew ahead of time you could add an item
    Cuz when you redeem less than 30 say 27 it still takes off 22000 points

JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I doubt they would pay out maybe just let you keep the coupons
    If you knew ahead of time you could add an item
    Cuz when you redeem less than 30 say 27 it still takes off 22000 points

I agree, no change in this case. If you don't have tax to pay, you'd want to spend $33. Amira's scenario sounds the same as cashing in $30 when you only brought $27 in items to the checkout ie. $30 minus the coupons. You could do it but you might as well get $3 more worth of stuff.

Sounds like under old system, when you want to redeem for $30 and have $3 coupon and $3 tax, you purchase $33 in items - $3 coupon = $30, do redemption and pay $3 tax. New system, you purchase $30, add $3 tax, then $3 coupon is applied. Old system you walk out with $33 in items but pay $3, new system you walk out with $30 worth of stuff and pay nothing.

It's a small benefit, but I'd prefer to pay nothing lol.
    Anna Michele and Davetherave like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My store finally got the new system. Have people still been getting bonus pts on FPC's?
    Anna Michele and dededi like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

My store got the new software. I found out when I went in to do a shop with a 20x wus $30 personal offer. Just fyi, head cashiers also did not get any training or any documentation! My favorite cashiers who know what they are doing don’t like the new software, nor do the head cashiers.

I used $-off coupons and VIB coupon, and everything I bought was on sale, plus had a raincheck. The base points, raincheck, and coupons calculated correctly but not the 20x the points - I got about 17.5x the points! I called Optimum and they said it was a glitch and added the points. I was on hold for a while and the first question the rep asked was : what e-coupon are you calling about? So I think there are lots of glitches with the new software.

Next step - treading into the jungle of FPCs, manger specials, etc!

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In the new system *

Cashier in my store looked at value of my coupons and amount owing and made me buy something so that the coupons wouldn't be taken off of tax. So I guess it works if they let you do it. Just fyi
    Anna Michele, maple7 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashoo View Post
    I faced their new system the 2nd day it was in store and I was the first customer with a coupon. I had bought finish tabs at 8.xx on sale and had a $2 coupon. So the cashier was trying different things to enter a coupon so she finally entered it somehow but when I checked the receipt, the price had gone from 8.xx to 10.xx. I told the cashier and she gave a toonie after she couldn't figure out anything. The next day, I went again to grab something with a coupon and it was entered differently and the price wasn't affected. I think when they enter red MS, the price gets changed to regular if the item is on sale which means no more double dipping with red MS.
    I think you are right about the manager's coupons affecting the sale price of an item. And if that is the case, it sucks. On the bonus redemption day a couple of weeks ago, I bought a couple of items with manager's coupons, and they were both on sale. With the sale price plus coupon, the taco shells ended up being free, and the masala sauce was only $0.99. I don't think that will happen anymore.

Here's part of why I think you are right. On Friday, I bought milk $4.27, bread $2.99 and Drano $3.99. I had a Drano coupon for $1.50, a mail coupon for 500 points on the bread and a digital offer of 1,000 pts wus $10.

It was day 2 of the new system at my store. The cashier was having a hard time with the $1.50 coupon. That's when I noticed was new system. The first time she entered the coupon, the system changed the price of the Drano to the regular (not sale) price. Fortunately I caught it. When she totaled the transaction, I told her that the Drano had scanned in at $3.99 originally, but after she entered coupon it was showing as $5.79, then the coupon was applied to $5.79. She re-scanned the Drano, saw it should have been $3.99 and voided the higher price.

She still couldn't figure out how to enter the $ off coupon, so she ended up calling in the head cashier to help her.

It turns out that the first time, when she entered the coupon, she chose the coupon option at the beginning, and it went in as a manager's coupon. The second time, after the head cashier helped, she chose the tender option at the end, and then all the coupon options came up, and she was able to enter the manufacturer coupon. When she did that, the Drano stayed at the sale price.

Unfortunately for me, and the people in line behind me, cashier accidentally entered my cash payment as a coupon. She noticed it because the cash drawer didn't open. Called head cashier over again. Ended up having to refund my transaction and start over. So of course, I didn't get my 1,000 points that time, as digital offer had already been redeemed in my account. Emailed SDM when I got home, and it was fixed in the morning.

My three item transaction took 30 minutes. Cashier was nice, and felt bad, but I think I was her first person with a coupon with the new system. I do have confidence it will improve once they get a hang of the new system.
    Last edited by super807; Tue, May 3rd, 2016 at 02:06 PM.
    Grey, Silk, Anna Michele and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's too bad that sdm doesn't provide any training for their newly released glitchy systems. My store has put up a funny message on its windows showing a pic of cute bear that says "please bear with us as we are learning our new software upgrade". I feel bad for employees who have to learn everything themselves or through us.
    Silk, Anna Michele, momi and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information