User Tag List

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow -Walmart seems to be a quasi-regular shopping destination (free grocery bags) for late night shopping or when the mood strikes. I don't always have coupons I can use there but the occasional time I do when a special is on an item, I am glad to have that moment! There are always specials that if I don't go in on day one of a new flyer, I won't see later that week. The odd time, I do find specials still in stock 3 days after a new flyer but they may be hard to reach (how deep are those shelving units for the last bottles of Palmolive detergent).
    Fortinos is one store that sometimes I will pay full price for certain items because stock is readily available. The new seating area is so convenient when waiting for another family member or a friend doing their shopping.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Nancy yes it is a slap in the face. But in all honesty I think there is a lot going on which does not add up which is why I so strongly feel she should fight for the job. They are doing all of things to her and she is still out performing the person who got the job over her and is working 40 hours a week.

On the resumes I have no idea I feel the more I push the more she gives ups and says it is hopeless because she is not getting any calls. Again why I think she should fight it, this is the job for her but I cannot make her do anything. I try to support her but she does not seem to want to listen to me because it is "different" for me.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The price matching hasn't affected how I shop because I don't think I've ever price matched . when we do get south to Alberta or Saskatchewan I'm just so pleased with lower prices it's made me happy. Costco is a twice a year 1000 dollarshop when we make it down.

Supper tonight was chicken Cesar salads with garlic toast.

Went to the Dr today.. .came home with high BP meds. I've been telling then for 2 years about being dizzy / off balance, headaches and nose bleeds. Even went thru the 24 hour BP test last spring ( with no followup apt resulting) the locum today took my BP reviewed my file and found the results which said my BP was high last June too.

I'm shaking my head at the LACK of follow thru at the clinic here but the.n...this is the same place that sent me home with a fractured shoulder blade last summer telling me to take ibuprofen and it was "just sore muscles". Had to be seen in the er 2 days later after following bf to yellowknife (5 hr drive)

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sorry you are going through that, saundyl - my husband has just been through that - and what I learned from what he went through was to still monitor yourself closely because your meds may have to be adjusted up or down, or you might need a diuretic added. With him, he had to have the dose upped twice, then scaled back with a diuretic added and now he's stable.
    Mind you, he's 65 - and by your pic, you look many, many decades younger!

However, it didn't solve his dizziness and being off balance - he's been through all types of testing, and there are just no darned answers yet for him.

Hoping you feel better!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Sorry you are going through that, saundyl - my husband has just been through that - and what I learned from what he went through was to still monitor yourself closely because your meds may have to be adjusted up or down, or you might need a diuretic added. With him, he had to have the dose upped twice, then scaled back with a diuretic added and now he's stable.
    Mind you, he's 65 - and by your pic, you look many, many decades younger!

However, it didn't solve his dizziness and being off balance - he's been through all types of testing, and there are just no darned answers yet for him.

Hoping you feel better!
    Thats good to know the pharmacist mentioned possible water retention and did say they put me on a very low dose to start. I'm to do bloodwork in 2 weeks and book a follow-up apt oncethat's done with a 2 week bp log.

Some of the headaches have eased since November *rather than daily its a bit closer to between weekly and biweekly now* when i switched jobs less stress and no daily exposure to shellfish.

Im 33. My Mum was diagnosed with high bp at 35

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Saundyl hope they get to the bottom of this for you.

Wide awake bright and early today, yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep in and today wide awake just after 5 am. So I did a survey on swagbucks and now laundry is going so I can pack tomorrow as I am away all week next week.

Now I am looking up recipes, I am hosting a Sales Rep Training day which will include lunch. I am thinking a Sub Platter (my Dad's assistant said she would run out and grab it for us) and I will serve that with homemade salads. I am thinking a Pasta Salad, Potato Salad and some sort of Green Salad. I think it will be a nice mix of a homemade but easy meal because the day before we are in a manager's meeting.

Think I will post a few things for sale today as well. I do not want to post too much as I am gone next week but I want to get this stuff up.

Have a great day everyone.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gah, I'll try posting again - drat this computer! I had everything all typed out then it froze, so I had to restart the browser. Again. I'm getting really tired of this with it, but the next solution is a new puter, and that's just not in the cards.

Just finished making the master shopping list for the week. Last week was awesome as we just picked up bare essentials. This week, we may stock up on some chicken, and hopefully nab some of the pork loin on sale - even though we still have some in the freezer.

Hope you all have a relaxing day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday I carefully spent over the $75 amount at Sobeys to get the bonus 75AM. My 50% off case of oranges offer from AM didn't work, so I'll have to call the special number to get it resolved. I bought 3 boxes of Cheerios for $4.99 each - $1 and 2x 50c off coupons to get a free 4L jug of milk = $4.69 free. I picked up a roast chicken and loaf of French bread for supper, much cheaper than eating out for supper and there are leftovers.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my daughter is 19 and a half weeks ,she went for her 20 week ultrasound today -baby had its legs crossed the whole time -they were told 80% was the sex was (of course she isn't telling me I have to wait til may8 on the reveal day )she felt baby kick or move yesterday so did her hubby so happy for them
    -they will pay for a 3-D if they are not 100% positive what the gender is

-cleaning out a few cupboards today -tossing old food and donating a few bowls -it feels so good to feel better -hubby and I may go out on date supper tonight -then off to watch ashlyn at 7.00 p.m for son /his wife -they have a 30th birthday party for twin girls that my son has known since age 6 (he met them when he joined karate)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Been nursing a spring cold. Feeling in a rut as result. Trying to rediscover my motivation for the mundane routines of life: laundry, dishes...etc. I am a powerhouse, until I lose my motivation. The rest is needed and then I have to rediscover my drive and get back to life.

Passports...we just renewed 3 girls and me. $400+. DH is good for a few more years. The good news is I invested in a ten year and the baby/child passports are now all 5 years rather than 3. Now...I need to win us a trip. lol. I had this money saved, just waiting for the time to take care of it.

QOTD: I have not benefitted much from price matching, though I have done it before. Like, Angela, I like to capitalize on Air Miles and often shop at Sobey's. When it is too rich for my budget, I supplement at Giant Tiger and Food Basics. The Shell gas off coupons that Sobey's gives helps me save 5-8 cents on my fuel too (Full-Serve!!!)

I also do SDM Optimum. I prefer to do one or two stops and will often choose the store with the most sales. I have to read labels when I shop to make sure things are gluten free. As a result, point programs work better for me (less work than coupons and price matching on top of label reading). I have PC points, but my points accumulation pales in comparison to the others. I am very big on buying based on my needs, not a program promotions. Shopper's Optimum and Air Miles tend to tailor to my shopping needs better. I wish PC did.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Apr 23rd, 2016 at 11:37 AM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Laugh for the day. My boys keep me in stitches at times. I was explaining to my youngest son of my one in-one out rule. Get something new and something old has to go. He smirked and said to me, "Ah, good thing you didn't have the one in-one out rule when us boys came along....but then, again, I would have been in the best position, being the youngest."

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: I am the opposite PC plus gets me Shoppers does not. Most weeks I don't even download the offers. Whereas PC is about 80% right. Anything that is totally wrong I just swipe to never have it sent to me. I did another big shop at Costco today. What a zoo. But sharing a car means all the errands need to be done on Saturday. DH comes with me now so it's a lot faster. If anyone has Metro close they have apples, pears and oranges on for 88 cents. My fridge is going to burst as they also had the milk we prefer on with 15bonus miles when you buy 2. I will walk back up later in the week to buy more fruit
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our garage sale is finally over. We have a few things set aside to be picked up tonight. We made about $400. It has been horribly windy all day. I got wind burnt.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Granger: I am the opposite PC plus gets me Shoppers does not. Most weeks I don't even download the offers. Whereas PC is about 80% right. Anything that is totally wrong I just swipe to never have it sent to me. I did another big shop at Costco today. What a zoo. But sharing a car means all the errands need to be done on Saturday. DH comes with me now so it's a lot faster. If anyone has Metro close they have apples, pears and oranges on for 88 cents. My fridge is going to burst as they also had the milk we prefer on with 15bonus miles when you buy 2. I will walk back up later in the week to buy more fruit
    lilo can you explain what you mean by "Anything that is totally wrong I just swipe to never have it sent to me" I get sh&tty pc offers my sdm offers rock!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl glad that they finally figured out it was bp, tragic how our health system is so crappy BUT it's free and perhaps that's the problem....grrr.
    @SassyAshley will all you have going on, I applaud you for taking time to make salads for a meeting, I would be rocking a corner like a young child with all you have on your plate, perhaps it's a good distraction!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information