User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2324Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2016

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well I got a refresher last night of why I left Scotiabank . We arrived 5 minutes early,, appointment was at 6, then at 625 she comes out, she can't print the mortgage renewal, I'm super pissed because the appointment was made a week ago and this should have been printed long before we showed up. The only good news is that instead of 2.61% she is offering 2.44% BUT none the less the branch closes at 4pm and not open Saturdays so we can't pick up....I suggested they puralator the package since it should have been ready and it wasn't and blah blah so anyways I just left her a message to see what's going on. As the new payments are to start next Friday and they need the forms signed, etc. in order for it to start.

Supper tonight is short and sweet, paninis w/ fries if I can find the energy to peel potatoes (haha) been in a funk for the last 2 weeks perhaps it's a result of sleeping in the dinning area for over 1.5 months

Wishing everyone a great weekend
    Glad you got a lower rate! Just think soon you won't have to deal with mortgages ))
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Maybe someone here has a suggestion or two about what is happening with my mom. Her face will swell up for no reason - no new meds or foods. It is mainly on one side of her face from above her lips to her chin. She says her tongue isn't affected. We are at a loss. No marks on her face. The doc is puzzled - put her on Reactine for five days. Swelling goes down on its own, though, within a day. When she called me this morning that it happened again, I headed over there and took some pics on my phone. Will show the doc when we see him soon - her swelling will probably have gone down by then....sigh...
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^the only thing I could think of is if she has a tooth which is infected, yet not painful to her - that can cause swelling on the face.
    Gee, hope she finds an answer soon - I assume allergy testing will be done quickly.

Curious to know if it hurts her when it swells? Does the skin redden?

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Where has this week gone??? I am happy to be home (drove back today) but don't feel like I was away a week.

Trying to catch up on work stuff but I have to be honest I am lacking focus right now. I keep waking up during the night and it wasn't bothering me until today. Thinking it might be a mix of lack of sleep plus the drive back was WAY longer then normal as everyone was driving so slow the whole way (and by slow I mean under the posted speed limit).

Kind of feel like I am going in circles, I have so much going on in my job right now I just cannot keep up. Because there is so much going on it seems like I have to leave everything to the last minute just because I do not have the time to get it done. I am trying to work on prioritizing but it seems like it is whatever I have to do right now is the priority and I cannot get ahead.

Mom had the flu yesterday she is feeling better today but still not 100% but seems to be passing which makes me happy as she works tomorrow and we really cannot afford for her to call in sick right now.

Well going to have a cup of tea and maybe I will find some ambition.

Have a great night everyone.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^the only thing I could think of is if she has a tooth which is infected, yet not painful to her - that can cause swelling on the face.
    Gee, hope she finds an answer soon - I assume allergy testing will be done quickly.

Curious to know if it hurts her when it swells? Does the skin redden?
    She has dentures - no redness. She has been referred to an allergist now. Doctor is at a loss - changed her blood pressure meds but I think he is grasping at straws at this point.
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had a great day today -went to lowes got whipper snipper black and decker 10.00 off came to 45.00-as ours is broken line doesn't stay on had it for 18.00 years
    -then popped into hubby;s brothers house and went to harveys for supper with them used a cpn=2 can dine for 10.49 and sat taking with them -gotta go make up the bed for when daughter/hubby is coming tonight
    Natalka and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    She has dentures - no redness. She has been referred to an allergist now. Doctor is at a loss - changed her blood pressure meds but I think he is grasping at straws at this point.
    Do those meds have listed side effects? Maybe a dye or ingredient that might be grouped under natural or artificial flavours? If shellfish extract can be used in the common MRI substance people are expected to injest, imagine how much fun it is to accidently discover one is allergic to something not specifically labeled as containing an allergen.

Are the dentures new or was there a change in denture cleaner recently? Could be a metal or adhesive or plastic reaction? You did not mention any pets or any house problems with air, water, or structure, so those are not likely factors.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 01:10 PM.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Am reading Money Rules and getting my head around a monthly budget. It's useful that I have 8 months of expenses on a spreadsheet but noticed one or two things from November need correction. Wet noodle for me for not including a few categories like medical expenses/insurance (have neither) or savings. Might have to split two categories into four or more subcategories. I have a rough draft of monthly category budgets but I need to do the average of 6 months of expenses like Gail V-O does in the book to see how much the numbers change.
    An unexpected expense here and there has thrown spending into a knot in two months, I've noticed.
    Have decided to show redemptions as a refund $ value on my sheet. Author writes that like coupon savings, redemption money save by cashing in points means that saved money needs to be applied to another budget category or saving/debt payment.

A curveball account, rather like those SCers who save their Kijiji sales monies for a project/trip/other use, is suggested to have $100 or 200 for those unexpected expenses not in the budget (so as not to touch one's emergency funds-another thing I don't have).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Rummage sale find- a men's silk shirt (L) with a woven design all over-$2 future top alteration for me! There was not a deep selection of women's outerwear. If I had not done a second slower look at all of the tables, I would have missed some really snazzy men's shirts in the corner and the jackets too. I did check out the available polo tops to see if I could find a Tommy Hilfiger pattern that I saw on one bus passenger last summer. Funny how I remembered that shirt pattern this morning!
    Did notice a Value Village email about a Club Card 50% off clothing sale tomorrow. I need a spring jacket/coat thus will plan a trip to a store to see what is available as the temperatures are going up.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@momof5boys perhaps give the pharmacist a call, they tend to know more than doctors, you never know. good luck
    @Ciel I love Gail's budgeting ideas, however, they don't apply to all due to finances etc and priorities in my opinion. Good luck

Contractor is here, room all sanded (mud sanding), window installed and coat of primer going on as we speak

The boys are out to the movies with BIL and MIL so enjoying the quite time

Wishing everyone a great afternoon & evening the sun is shining but the wind is cool, laundry should be dry just need to take it off the line.
    saundyl, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I am lacking ambition today, I slept in which never happens but I find when it does I lack energy all day. I also think my schedule is starting to catch up with me but hopefully I adjust soon as looking forward it is not going to slow down anytime soon as I am now booking trips for May. The good news is we are going to get a Web Program that will allow me to tap into people's computers and I will have he ability to test them from afar which is great as we were looking at me taking day trips to our out of town locations which makes for LONG days. Don't get me wrong if I need too I will but I was looking at being in multiple locations in a week which makes for a long week when you spend over 10 hours driving in a week.

Mom just got sent home from work as her flu seems to be back. She said she was feeling nauseous before she left but I was hoping if she got up and moving she would be good. Guess now she almost passed out so the assistant manager sent her home. This is going to hurt the budget she actually got real hours this week and now she has been sent home sick. Don't get me wrong I know you cannot help just trying to keep my head above water right now and $$$$ always seem to be an issue. We just got paid and are already short. Just kind of feeling like what is next. Let's just hope I do not get it or we are in trouble I cannot afford a day off.

I guess I better go try and find some ambition. Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 30th, 2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh is spending the day volunteering to build stuff at camp grounds that were destroyed in the floods of 2011. This is the third year that he has been involved with this group. In exchange for his labour we get to use the camp grounds for free this year. They offer a 1/2 price discount if you volunteer and park your camper there. They are still figuring out how to afford to install electricity, regulations changed after the flooding.

Our children have been getting up for the day around 6am for over a week already. My big boy and I spent over an hour in the yard this morning while the twins were napping. I cleaned up some of my vegetable garden before we drew pictures with chalk on the driveway. I'm hoping for a nap. I'll go to NF while Dh is home with the kids. I'm hoping to get free hotdogs with bonus ready crisp bacon. If NF is good about it, I want to purchase extra to donate.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I spent today quilting. This morning i joined a group of ladies to quilt until noon.

Tried to rake the yard but was sadly disappointed when the handle snapped like a dried twig.

So i decided to hem the rest of bfs pants. Advertised some knitting, accessories and puzzles on facebook. Then spent the rest of the afternoon quilting in my craft room. Tidied up fir the night at 525. I like to tidy a bit because itsthe first room guests see by the entry way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Am reading Money Rules and getting my head around a monthly budget. It's useful that I have 8 months of expenses on a spreadsheet but noticed one or two things from November need correction. Wet noodle for me for not including a few categories like medical expenses/insurance (have neither) or savings. Might have to split two categories into four or more subcategories. I have a rough draft of monthly category budgets but I need to do the average of 6 months of expenses like Gail V-O does in the book to see how much the numbers change.
    An unexpected expense here and there has thrown spending into a knot in two months, I've noticed.
    Have decided to show redemptions as a refund $ value on my sheet. Author writes that like coupon savings, redemption money save by cashing in points means that saved money needs to be applied to another budget category or saving/debt payment.

A curveball account, rather like those SCers who save their Kijiji sales monies for a project/trip/other use, is suggested to have $100 or 200 for those unexpected expenses not in the budget (so as not to touch one's emergency funds-another thing I don't have).
    I like a lot of Gail's ideas, but I find there is never enough for all recommended categories. My emergency fund is my LOC. We use it sparingly and pay off right away. It is at 0 again. If I could save a spare $1000-2000 I would, but there is always a repair to spend. We have a home/auto fund instead...it is constantly building and depleting depending on the next priority.

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I spent today quilting. This morning i joined a group of ladies to quilt until noon.

Tried to rake the yard but was sadly disappointed when the handle snapped like a dried twig.

So i decided to hem the rest of bfs pants. Advertised some knitting, accessories and puzzles on facebook. Then spent the rest of the afternoon quilting in my craft room. Tidied up fir the night at 525. I like to tidy a bit because itsthe first room guests see by the entry way.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Wish you didn't live WAY up North so I could learn from you!!!

We bought a wishing well today for our garden. Sent hubby to pick it up as I saw it from the road and called the number on the sign. I talked to the wife. DH is taken to the garage by her hubby and shows him his pick of unfinished ones (paint yourself...no bucket...etc). He says, look, my wife is out with our three kids clearing the garden for it right now. Mama wants one she can plant today...if I show up with this she will kill me. She thinks she is getting the one on the road (his model). Well, sweet couple sold us the model because we wanted the bigger one of the two and guess they don't sell many big ones. The big was $180, the small was $20 less (we thought for $20 go big or go home). DH gave them an extra $20 for being so kind, and because he didn't have to spend his night looking at my sad face AND his day off (Monday), buying paint/stain, buckets, chain and painting the whole thing!!!

Name:  IMG_2894.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  211.4 KB
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information