• 3 Post By Glendon Preece
  • 3 Post By annedougherty
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 3 Post By Glendon Preece

Thread: I need to vent!!!!!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am so tired of the complete lack of knowledge of offers and their details SDM reps and store staff have had lately. This whole Estee Lauder bonus points thing has been nothing but a headache. Blatant false advertising with ZERO attempt to do anything about it. I work in retail we have air miles at our store so i know what a pain point offers can be. But the complete lack of knowledge at the stores and over the phone just pisses me off so much. Last night i went to my bb where i usually get stuff to try to figure out the offer. The lady who i deal with reps EL and thought the offer was only on fragrance as shown in the picture but the actual wording said "any product". This was after last week being told it was only an online offer by a csr on the phone. Tried the item that was pictured. Didn't work! Tried others items didn't work! Tried just skin care and finally worked! The store won't do anything since they are brand points. The csr won't do anything since they say it's only online. The lady even said to my mom and I "I need a drink after you guys come in" Really? Cause I'm trying to prove a point? I shouldn't have to educate you about the brand you represent and their offer!

OK I'm done 😊
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Glendon Preece; Fri, Apr 8th, 2016 at 04:41 PM.
    Silk, Ciel, 4sure5 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

their CSR (s) have been known to tell us different things all the time. These contradictory statements can be as many as there are SDM CSR (s) in the world. (Little bit exaggeration here).
    We have to make peace with it. Everyone knows they are not going to spend money on educating their CSR (s).
    Silk and Ciel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear ya. I sent beautyboutique an email regarding the Estee Lauder promo, asking which products are included, and this is what I got...

"Upon review of your concern, we can confirm that the promotion is valid for 7,500 Optimum points when you spend $75 or more on Estee Lauder products. Please note however that this offer is not combinable with offers such as spend $50 for 18,5000 or spend $50 and receive 20x the points. You will be unable to combine threshold offers. If you have no other threshold offers on your order, please place your order and we will gladly add the points too your Shoppers Optimum account."

...which is BS because I had more than $75 worth of products in my cart last week when there were no other promos going on, and the 7500 pts still did not appear.

Furthermore, we were always able to combine a shoppers optimum offer with bonus points attached to a specific brand/product. Hopefully that hasn't changed!!
    Silk, Ciel, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsD View Post
    I hear ya. I sent beautyboutique an email regarding the Estee Lauder promo, asking which products are included, and this is what I got...

"Upon review of your concern, we can confirm that the promotion is valid for 7,500 Optimum points when you spend $75 or more on Estee Lauder products. Please note however that this offer is not combinable with offers such as spend $50 for 18,5000 or spend $50 and receive 20x the points. You will be unable to combine threshold offers. If you have no other threshold offers on your order, please place your order and we will gladly add the points too your Shoppers Optimum account."

...which is BS because I had more than $75 worth of products in my cart last week when there were no other promos going on, and the 7500 pts still did not appear.

Furthermore, we were always able to combine a shoppers optimum offer with bonus points attached to a specific brand/product. Hopefully that hasn't changed!!
    That's ridiculous cause i did combine my order with 20x and 7500.they did work! what the heck they are talking about. My mom even combined it with her first purchase offer of 18.5k too!
    Last edited by Glendon Preece; Fri, Apr 8th, 2016 at 11:31 PM.
    Silk, Ciel and MrsD like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    their CSR (s) have been known to tell us different things all the time. These contradictory statements can be as many as there are SDM CSR (s) in the world. (Little bit exaggeration here).
    We have to make peace with it. Everyone knows they are not going to spend money on educating their CSR (s).
    But making peace with it let's them continue to mislead customers. That's my biggest issue. The whole bait and switch thing.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    Silk, Ciel and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Glendon Preece View Post
    I am so tired of the complete lack of knowledge of offers and their details SDM reps and store staff have had lately. This whole Estee Lauder bonus points thing has been nothing but a headache. Blatant false advertising with ZERO attempt to do anything about it. I work in retail we have air miles at our store so i know what a pain point offers can be. But the complete lack of knowledge at the stores and over the phone just pisses me off so much. Last night i went to my bb where i usually get stuff to try to figure out the offer. The lady who i deal with reps EL and thought the offer was only on fragrance as shown in the picture but the actual wording said "any product". This was after last week being told it was only an online offer by a csr on the phone. Tried the item that was pictured. Didn't work! Tried others items didn't work! Tried just skin care and finally worked! The store won't do anything since they are brand points. The csr won't do anything since they say it's only online. The lady even said to my mom and I "I need a drink after you guys come in" Really? Cause I'm trying to prove a point? I shouldn't have to educate you about the brand you represent and their offer!

OK I'm done 😊
    Woah? They need a drink after you come in? I would have gone bananas. You are right, it is disgraceful how little they know about their own promos, and store level is one thing because they may not have the info, but customer service not knowing anything about anything is the most aggravating indeed.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Silk, Ciel and Glendon Preece like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Thats worst than my local SDM eek!
    Ciel likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I filled out the survey that was on the actual purchase receipt (not my redemption one) and mentioned I had an issue. I didn't go into too much detail about what she said since I know she was trying to be funny but it still bothered me. I know the surveys get back to the staff (I've been told this several times). But I think I'm going to talk to somebody at HQ about it. Next time I'm in and she is there I'm going to talk to the manager though.
    Last edited by Glendon Preece; Fri, Apr 8th, 2016 at 11:28 PM.
    Tweets77, Ciel and Arvilish like this.

Thread Information