User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Paid less then the taxes!! :)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thank you for sharing a awesome brag. I will look for these coupons and get some for a cheap price....................-)
    samm07 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    There were $5 off coupons in the light section at Walmart for energy efficient light bulbs. And some of the light bulbs were $4.98 or $3.46. Just like any other coupon/product. just light bulbs instead of toilet paper or whatever.
    The LED single bulbs don't have the energy smart logo on the packaging. Wandering if you were using different coupons, as the coupons in store are only valid on energy smart bulbs?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ROMOM View Post
    The LED single bulbs don't have the energy smart logo on the packaging. Wandering if you were using different coupons, as the coupons in store are only valid on energy smart bulbs?
    The cashier and manager said I could use them so I did. I wasn't sure but asked and they said it qualified? So I don't know.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    The cashier and manager said I could use them so I did. I wasn't sure but asked and they said it qualified? So I don't know.

The Walmart registers are programmed to notify the cashier to use one of these coupons (depending on the bulbs, either the $3 or $5 coupon - register prompts which one is applicable to the purchase) when the correct type of bulbs are purchased. If the register does not prompt for it, means the item is not one that it is applicable for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    The Walmart registers are programmed to notify the cashier to use one of these coupons (depending on the bulbs, either the $3 or $5 coupon - register prompts which one is applicable to the purchase) when the correct type of bulbs are purchased. If the register does not prompt for it, means the item is not one that it is applicable for.
    Well I'm not sure. They just said "yep we've had a few of these come through today" and went on with my transaction. So I don't know if the till promoted it or not.

I asked two employees and they told me they qualified so I bought them. I'm sorry if others were told no.
    Last edited by samm07; Sat, Apr 23rd, 2016 at 08:16 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When the ON Energy coupons were just released, the coupons were not programmed into Walmart's system so I also used the $3/$5 coupons for LED (without EnergyStar). Later, Walmart made their systems smarter to qualify based on the right bulbs so cashier did not have to make a decision.

We also got the same LED bulbs in the early process with the coupons (we used the $3, not the $5).
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/361649-...6/#post6607007

@samm07 , you did well on the LED bulbs. Early bird gets the worm!

I guess it's just a caution for others that it's all now programmed into Walmart's system, so the customer & cashier no longer need to guess what qualifies.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    When the ON Energy coupons were just released, the coupons were not programmed into Walmart's system so I also used the $3/$5 coupons for LED (without EnergyStar). Later, Walmart made their systems smarter to qualify based on the right bulbs so cashier did not have to make a decision.

We also got the same LED bulbs in the early process with the coupons (we used the $3, not the $5).
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/361649-...6/#post6607007

@samm07 , you did well on the LED bulbs. Early bird gets the worm!

I guess it's just a caution for others that it's all now programmed into Walmart's system, so the customer & cashier no longer need to guess what qualifies.
    My mom got the deal too (actually was the one to tell me about it). So you are right at the time it was a judgement call I guess?

Sort of unrelated. But I saw dollarama has the coupons out and you can use them there? Not sure on prices. I didn't need more lol so I just took a glimpse and walked away. So maybe for those who missed out?
    rockco likes this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Holy Moly!!! What an AMAZING BRAG!!!!!!!!!!
    samm07 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information