User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: [Rant] Ontario Hydro-you used less energy so you have to pay more. Huh?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    The more I read the angrier I get. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On a positive note, GTA libraries are piloting free movie and TV show streaming if you have a library card. Selected movies and shows.SC blog reported
    samm07 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    yeah, saw that in the news I was shocked.
    Good news = Durham libaries have Monday afternoon movies for seniors, PA school day movies for children (The Good Dinasaur) and Saturday movies once per month.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^electric Viking with you on the wind turbines, we need to expand our hydro/water energy not more turbines. you wouldn't believe the concrete that goes into those turbines and they are being placed on good farmland. The cranes to maintain them are millions of dollars. In Europe where they have had them longer they are only lasting on average 12 years. Oh, and they are not sure how they are going to take them down and dispose of them. They are actually environmentally unsound. There are no complete environmental assessments about how they will affect bats and migratory birds but it doesn't look good, a lot of dead bird and bats around them. Imagine someone is getting rich off this scheme though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-12-years.html
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Mon, May 2nd, 2016 at 07:44 AM.
    electric_viking likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I thing we will be drying our clothes outside on a line this summer. As we have started batch cooking on weekends;, so no cooking during the week.
    up until 2008, clotheslines were banned in the province. go figure.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-pr...e-ban-1.290136
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.northernhoot.com/op-ed-on...ate-increases/

"You need only look back to October 13, 2015, a windy day when the industrial wind turbines were cranking out unneeded power. The reported 3,450 MW of wind capacity was spitting out an average of 2,200 MW per hour, at a cost for the whole day of $6.5 million. Ontario was busy exporting 2,228 MW every hour that day, being paid 1.8 cents a kWh and at the same time, paying wind developers an average of 12.3 cents per kWh—we lost more than $5.5 million." That is just one day folks. Someone is getting rich off this and we are paying for it.

New rates for Ontario start today:As a result of increases that kicked in May 1, the off-peak rate (weekends and holidays, and weekdays 7 p.m.-7 a.m.) is now 8.7 cents per kWh, the mid-peak rate (weekdays 7 a.m.-11 a.m. and 5 p.m.-7 p.m.) is 13.2 cents per kWh, and the on-peak charge (weekdays 11 a.m.-5 p.m.) is now 18 cents per kWh — the highest price ever for electricity under time-of-use pricing in Ontario
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Mon, May 2nd, 2016 at 09:28 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://business.financialpost.com/fp...uditor-general

The Auditor General states: Ontario power system’s ‘broken’.
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    http://business.financialpost.com/fp...uditor-general

The Auditor General states: Ontario power system’s ‘broken’.
    Thanks for that article.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

We are moving and they set a deposit that seemed really high so I called them, despite our bill never being over $100/month here when we were running AC in summer (and the new place is slightly smaller) the previous person in the new place had high bills so they are basing it off that.
    I asked the neighbours thinking that maybe there is an insulation problem and they said she was just always cold, she would turn on a baseboard heater in summer because her feet were cold.
    So why do I have to pay a ridiculous charge because she has high hydro? All of the neighbours say theirs is $70ish for a regular month without AC or extra heat.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had a co worker who dealt with this. Their "smart meter" stopped working so Hydro wanted to estimate their bills but they had only been in the house 4 months so they wanted to base it off the previous owners who had it set that the house never went below 80, even in the summer they would allow the heat to kick on. As well the previous owner admitted he would regularly forget to close his shop door and leave the heater running all night. Even after they explained this Hydro told them and this seemed fishy "the house is capable of generating a bill of $____ so this is what you will be charged"

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    We are moving and they set a deposit that seemed really high so I called them, despite our bill never being over $100/month here when we were running AC in summer (and the new place is slightly smaller) the previous person in the new place had high bills so they are basing it off that.
    I asked the neighbours thinking that maybe there is an insulation problem and they said she was just always cold, she would turn on a baseboard heater in summer because her feet were cold.
    So why do I have to pay a ridiculous charge because she has high hydro? All of the neighbours say theirs is $70ish for a regular month without AC or extra heat.
    FallenPixels likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Latest, Ontario Liberals want to force everyone to use electric heat. Natural gas is a low emission fossil fuel. Nearly 80 per cent of homeowners and businesses choose to use natural gas, because it is an affordable and reliable source of heat.
    “If the Liberal government abandons natural gas, the loss of jobs as well as economic security in our entire region and the province as a whole would be unimaginable.”
    “Businesses already hurting from higher electricity prices will choose to relocate away from Ontario, and Ontario residents and consumers will again suffer the loss of jobs and related income.”

http://www.taxpayer.com/news-release...-carbon-scheme
    strew, walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Latest, Ontario Liberals want to force everyone to use electric heat. Natural gas is a low emission fossil fuel. Nearly 80 per cent of homeowners and businesses choose to use natural gas, because it is an affordable and reliable source of heat.
    “If the Liberal government abandons natural gas, the loss of jobs as well as economic security in our entire region and the province as a whole would be unimaginable.”
    “Businesses already hurting from higher electricity prices will choose to relocate away from Ontario, and Ontario residents and consumers will again suffer the loss of jobs and related income.”

Yes. The Ontario government is trying heard to keep their hands in our pockets. Natural gas prices went down and people saved some money this winter, in some instances.

Ciel, seylz_gurl and walkonby like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

We actually do have electric heat which I didn't mind... Our bills were the same as my parents on natural. But now the cost of hydro is getting ridiculous it's frustrating. I just want to hear my house when it's cold lol! Ugh
    Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Our hydro went down $2.73 compared to last month's bill.
    Take that Ontario Liberal government!
    And we didn't have to live in the public library
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Our hydro went down $2.73 compared to last month's bill.
    Take that Ontario Liberal government!
    And we didn't have to live in the public library
    What, no tales of living the chilled life among the books and the social media users? The heatwave is coming, @Shwa Girl !

BTW, Hydro One posted on its site that the OEB (Ontario Energy Board) sets the electricity prices, not it. Not much help since all gas/electricity utility pricing has to get approved by the OEB. http://www.hydroone.com/MyHome/MyAcc...cityRates.aspx

Also, Hydro One is seeking input from its customers about its five-year system distribution plan. See the June 3 news release-there's a link in the release. http://www.hydroone.com/OurCompany/M.../Newsroom.aspx
    walkonby and Shwa Girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    What, no tales of living the chilled life among the books and the social media users? The heatwave is coming, @Shwa Girl !

BTW, Hydro One posted on its site that the OEB (Ontario Energy Board) sets the electricity prices, not it. Not much help since all gas/electricity utility pricing has to get approved by the OEB. http://www.hydroone.com/MyHome/MyAcc...cityRates.aspx

Also, Hydro One is seeking input from its customers about its five-year system distribution plan. See the June 3 news release-there's a link in the release. http://www.hydroone.com/OurCompany/M.../Newsroom.aspx
    Thanks for the information on OEB and Hydro.
    Yes, we got the bill with the request to tell them what we think.
    Then we looked at the bill.
    They removed the delivery charge!
    Yes.
    They removed a charge.
    About $40 saved if my calculation is correct.

But, it makes me a little scared. I am wondering what is coming next. How much will the next bill be? Scary times.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information