User Tag List

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@sweet sparrow ...nursing in the night...depends...I co-slept so we are moving toward a new habit now. We started the night wean when she was 6 months, daddy going in too instead of mommy. We are finally down to one waking...usually around 11pm. We will get rid of this one shortly. She is 10 months tomorrow and has taken the longest of my three...but I think I am less concerned too because I know I will blink and it is over.
    @Angela273 I have been praying.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh my. I have trained my son well. He was out biking with friends and came home to tell me he found a bike on side of road for free and I should sell it. They went back to get it and I posted it ASAP. I had 3 people interested in it and it is pending pick up in the morning. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 161
Size:  83.7 KB
    saundyl, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    However, if you'd like to guess, I won't stop you.

Any guesses? A 2016 baby or 2017? I suppose you can all start guessing gender too, though I won't know that for awhile.
    My guess is a Christmas baby to add a little adventure to your life
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@cath007 thanks for sharing
    @Angela273 I hope everyone feels better soon, prayers for your brother and his family.
    @lizzie bargain bon voyage have a wonderful time, PS where are you going this time (haha)
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My Sister in Law is now in a medically induced coma and she has been intubated to help her breathe. My brother is going to do a day trip up to Regina tomorrow. There is something wrong with her immune system. A neighbour is going to babysit their 3 boys for him. Prayers are needed.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    Angela, hope everyone feels better soon. Prayers for your SIL

Sweet Sparrow I have only been to one wedding, a family member's and let's just say a lot of comments were made. Let's put it this way, my Dad and Step Mom re very generous and even my Step Mom was commenting on how high the costs were. They had wash clothes there were $30 something each, Multiple Pepper mills cheapest was over $60. The worst thing that ever happened was someone told this family member guests gifts are supposed to equal the cost of their meal at your wedding so they went and ordered the most expensive meal offered and they were not quiet about what this meal was costing. In my case I went to wedding to alone, RSVP I was going alone but was hinted at that since they had offered to let my bring a guest my gift should be meal x 2. With that being said we got lucky, our location of the store they registered at was renovating and had a massive blow out. My Step Mom found the Pots & Pans they registered for at 75% off which me and my 3 siblings split the cost on.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We went and did a little shopping last night, I was worried where this would go as we have not been shopping a lot lately but I amhappy to say we only got what we went for.

2 x 10 lb Potatoes $1.99/each
    2 x Almond Milk $2.99/each
    4 x Cheese Blocks (I think around 400g) $4.77/each
    1 x Chapman Ice Cream $1.77 (treat since this weekend is supposed to be so warm)
    1 x Honeycombs $2.99

So all and all we spent about $35 which I am happy with. We still have fresh produce from last week so hopefully we can get through the rest of this week with no more shopping.

I am trying to get the money to pay our House Insurance next month, we should have had the money but some expected bills came up and took this money so now last minute I am trying to find the money. Hopefully once this is paid we can go back to our old grocery budget giving us a little bit more breathing room.

Have a great day everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-Alaska bound tomorrow-we currently have 3 extra teen girls sleeping over as today is DD's 17th birthday. They were really great though and DD took them out for dinner. Perhaps once the crowds thin I best get packing!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Sat, May 28th, 2016 at 09:00 AM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

No one has thrown up in the last 12hrs. All 3 kids slept through the night, although 2 went to bed late. I got 6+hrs sleep. I had way too much milk when I got up to feed babies this morning.

We we are going to a friend's birthday party for supper tonight. We have had too much rain, so they have rented a small hall and will still be serving the same foods. Yesterday's supper plans have now been moved to tomorrow. I'm going to the Farmer's Market this morning to buy a few plants for $1 each. I might not be able to plant them until later in the week.

edit: Due to increased expenses, she increased her prices to $2/plant for the larger plants and she had already sold out of the smaller ones. Oh well, we like her and I like to support someone we know. She retired from the school division this year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 29th, 2016 at 04:40 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A lady on the mom swap is selling everything because they sold house and moving. I missed garage sale so she is posting lots of good deals. She had a box of purses for $5. Decided to treat myself since she looks high class lol and figured good quality. And I like to switch up my purses ☺. Well it didn't disappoint. 11 purses in the box and 5 dress pants like new at bottom of box! And I found a to one in one of the boxes. I'm going to sell the purses I don't like ☺. Ds and I went to a few garage sales and he found a bunch of blurry movies. $1 each!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

- I was up early 7.00 and went to a garage sale at 8.30 I got one tiny thing a rack to hold a plaque -.10 -they are in the dollar store for 1.25 but they were all crooked this one wasn't -its for ashlyn's plate with her handprint on it from xmas
    -went to shoppers today yea 20 times the points -had a lot of good sat specials so I spent over 50.00

-yeah daughter/hubby is coming for a visit at 2 or 3.00 and overnight
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I ended up going out this morning, my Dad assistant emailed she was at Tim's for a few hours well her car got done so I went and met up with and enjoys chatting and just relaxing. Nice change.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Always good to just chat, chill and relax sometimes!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain have a wonderful trip
    @coupon girl enjoy the visit from your dd and her dh, nice to get together and relax

Did 20x the points pretty happy got 24k in points and saved $110 in coupons & sales

Stocked up on the Palmolive dish soap various sizes which includes the Fusion ($1 coupon from insert which expires July 15), the soap is on 2 for $4 or $2.49 each so I now have a stockpile of dishsoap which is great because I use it everyday (haha).

Also last week stocked up on Tide laundry detergent good for a few years and the prices were great. AND I already notice a difference in the laundry it's so much brighter, smells awesome and seems to be cleaner AND you don't need to put as much as they say (I half the suggested amount).

Also stocked up on bacon from the b2g1 sale last weekend as well .

I also went to metro this am to buy the strawberry $1.99 and kiwis 2 for $5 and founds tons of coupons including the b1g1 Klondike now I just need a good sale.

It's so hot in the house we only have a fan running, FIL offered us his portable airconditioner since they got central air so dh will pickup this evening and install tomorrow. We have a window unit but it's massive and it's so heavy for dh to maneuver so dh is hoping the portable unit will be easier to install

Wishing everyone a great evening AND stay cool
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went to walmart while ds had practice. Used $5 Aveeno coupon on bodywash. Cashier told me lady used on small tube under $4 and she owed her money. So I decided to do the same and use the overage for a few basics on my list. In the end I am stocked up on little purse size tunes of Aveeno and got close to free, OJ, milk, yogurt, bananas and mushrooms. Then went to No frills and got cucumbers and apples *got pc pts) they had the 12 pack wonder buns on for 50 cents! So grabbed hot and ham buns. Will treat ds's to hotdogs this afternoon and ice cream cones since they will be roaming around the neighborhood on bikes. So happy with my deals today . Oh and while visiting out of town yesterday my sister and I went to Zehrs and I found D'Italia no bread for 75 cents. Bought a few for freezer! And asparagus and she paid for mine! And sent me home with the bread and bins leftover from dinner.
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information