User Tag List

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    SS: Congrats on the pregnancy. It’s tough carry a human around so I think chips are a perfectly fine coping strategy.
    CouponGirl: now you know what you can shop for which is always fun.
    Life is beyond crazy busy and expensive now. Yesterday the pup had to do an urgent visit to the vet for a weird goopy eye. Told my kids to go into veterinary science. I was in and out in 10 minutes with some drops and paid close to $150.00 .
    I forgot to save DH’s PC Plus offers and this week he has total crap offers. Oh well can’t always be on the ball.
    Because I was home yesterday to take the pup to the vet I did some laundry during mid peak (ugg) but at least I could put it on my awesome new clothes line. I just can’t stay ahead of it when we are out most evenings and weekends for sports. So a question for you ladies that use a clothes line. Do you add liquid fabric softener? The towels were a bit crunchy although I expect we will get used to them.
    oh the vet bills are outrageous

As sweet sparrow said you can put vinegar it's a softener, I have never tried.

I think it also depends on the type of laundry detergent I believe some has fabric softener in them
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I was going to vacuum our new room with FIL's shop vac which he lent us, however, it's not there, gave him the dreaded call and he has it....he will bring back.

Dh finally hung the tarp until our room so no stain/paint will dribble through the floor boards and I was all ready to vacuum at 7am and paints, oh well stuff happens.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well one load on line
    -lilo-yep my towels are scratchy from hanging -sometimes I do like to dry them in dryer -and yes I use fabric softner when I line dry

-well my body ached this morning maybe from weeding yesterday -I just feel so full of aches and pains from my arthritis sometimes -so didn't feel like price matching or going to walmart plus p.c gave me points for beef and pork this week -I cant carry over as I don't own a cell phone -uggg wish I could and I emailed them they said sorry
    -oh and used 17.98 in coupons thanks to those meat coupons -thank you thrifty granny and my friend anna gave me a few coupons too-plus I redeemed 30.00 in p.c points -so I only paid 80.00 for my groceries
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@lilo0003 - yes the softener gets rid of the crunch! I never tried vinegar, though.
    @sweet sparrow - that recipe uses 'flax eggs' - which are not real eggs, but you make a substitute; it tells how. I just thought it could be an alternative. As for the black beans, when I've seen brownies made on cooking shows, they use canned ones.

Sun is out here - does wonders for the psyche!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    @sweet sparrow - that recipe uses 'flax eggs' - which are not real eggs, but you make a substitute; it tells how. I just thought it could be an alternative. As for the black beans, when I've seen brownies made on cooking shows, they use canned ones.
    @Natalka : Good catch! There are some fairly reasonable substitutions there. I'll run that one by the mom. Thank you!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@sweet sparrow I recently made black bean brownies and most people loved them, including our 3yr old son and my neighbour. It used canned black beans. You thoroughly rinse and drain them before using them in the recipe.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    where did you find the coupons.... thanks!!
    Thought one of the coupon inserts in flyers/community papers also had the Sunlight coupons. P&G Brandsampler? Those coupons expire around May 25.
    jasperandchar likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Do you add liquid fabric softener? The towels were a bit crunchy although I expect we will get used to them.
    No longer use liquid fabric softener though there was a time that certain loads got it to help keep the bath towels or garments softer and nicer smelling or for handwashed dainties or fine things (i.e. nylons or tights to help with static control). Yes, towels can feel crunchy if the sun is particularly toasty at times like it is grilling cotton. I've long taken to ensuring that each towel has two pegs and that the towel does not overlap the next one (the old way we hung up things and had to iron dry those damp corners) and make sure to turn the towels around to hang on the opposite end partway through the drying time to help ensure all wet areas get free and dry.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow -ooh, time to call in for a helper for LO so you can have some self-time for appointments or to see a natural foods dietitian in Superstore to see what foods will help with cravings. Discover the Power of Food (book by Goodness Me co-founder) is about balancing blood sugar through foods and ensuring that protein is part of every meal. The author suggests getting a sea salt with minerals to use for cooking.
    How do you feel about Clif bars (always have water with one) or hemp seeds (Manitoba Harvest does bars but I've yet to find any at Fortinos, Sobeys or Metro)? Think they'd be handy to have on hand or in your purse when you feel hungry.

As for the dessert ideas-my Mom routinely makes balls from ground-up figs or dates and rolls them in nuts or uses grated carob chocolate for Advent.

I like the idea of having crackers or Ruffles regular chips on hand for when snack impulses arrive. But look into getting those 3pk seaweed snacks from Shoppers-they are like chips (salty good with some sea flavour) but watch the oil from the packet-it can land on your clothes (so good munching that I did forget there was other stuff in the wrapper!).
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, May 13th, 2016 at 08:40 PM.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a Charlie Brown "argh" moment last night when after grocery shopping, I realized that three eggs that were in a carton had been used by someone. So an extra trip for eggs resulted (and good thing that thunder and lightning show had yet to occur). Made banana oatmeal chip cookies (@Angela273 's recipe) today and I'm good for the weekend. Plan to make another batch next week using coconut oil instead of butter to see how cookies turn out.

Did some basic grocery shopping last night when I realized Fortino's flyer had some better specials than today's flyer. Managed to get some points for buying a cereal that I had $1 coupon for and bought an almond/coconut milk to get the 500 PC Plus points (same milk is 50 cents cheaper but no PC Plus offer in my account). Will skip Metro this week but clip that Epsom salt price for future reference when I need to get a new bag.

Morning trip to Walmart to get vinegar and Sweet Baby Ray BBQ sauce ($1.97) but with $2 off coupon, free! Last three days to get free shopping bags before the store starts to charge for them.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, May 13th, 2016 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typos corrected
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think it was Angela who asked for the lazy cookie bar recipe I used for our last meeting, the recipe is:
    1 Box Cake Mix (White or Golden)
    2 Eggs Beaten
    1/2 Vegetable Oil
    Pinch of Salt
    1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
    1/4 to 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla

Mix Everything together and spread out in a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-had a lovely bbq steak with hubby ,baked potatoes corn on the cob to end the week
    -posted 3 more items on kijiji
    -just got off the phone with daughter -her hubby has gone away fishing with his dad and a few friends and his brothers -so we chatted a good hour and a half -she just bought some maternity tights today -oh and she is 22 weeks went to the doctor yesterday and baby boy has a good strong heart beat and he is kicking more now -she thanked me for the lovely bath towel I bought "ahhh mom so nice of you "when I told her -I just loved talking to her for that nice little bit
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh injured his ankle at work. It is purple and swoolen, but he says he has had worse. I went back to the doctor today and had x-rays taken because my shoulder and ankle don't seem to be healing that well. We received a phone call this evening; an old friend of ours passed away yesterday. Once we have funeral details I will be making phone calls to notify people. I already contacted a few close people tonight. No really happy news here.
    Ciel likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow you are more patient that I had, I rec'd the growing list of what I could not use I think I would call and say what can I bring, a salad, hotdogs...geez...very limited choices I guess

PS I'm not pregnant and I can devour a bag of chips all by myself while watching a tv show....shhhh don't tell
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**hugs** Angela
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information