User Tag List

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: May 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL WELCOME

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@sweet sparrow We received a Groom magazine at a bridal store that had 50% off coupon for suits for Moore's in it. That is what we used today. We spent $700 taxes in and saved at least that much.

The bridal shop is not near me, but I am going to see if any of the other girls are going to pop in (they ordered their dress there, I shopped sale at Sears, lol)...I will get them to check and see if there are more coupons. I will get it to you somehow, if it is useful to you and I can. I did read the words custom tailored though. YIKES!
    Last edited by Granger; Wed, May 25th, 2016 at 05:14 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Feeling very stressed. My mom is in decline health wise and it's so hard to watch. I carry the load in dealing with my parents care. Couldn't sleep last night - finally slept late morning for three hours - exhausted. Just back from three medical related appts with my mom. I am now in the process of trying to have some meals brought in to their home. I cook 2 - 3 times a week for them but I can't find the energy to cook more meals. I'm thinking of asking a mostly 'absent' brother and wife if they could start helping some but I'm afraid to because of their negativity to me a year ago. Brother now says thanks for doing all the work for my parents but doesn't offer to help.
    Ask Brother to pay for a community meal program or some other prepared meal delivery service. Easy for him to say thank you but it's time he puts some money and effort out.
    Might there be friends of Mom willing to help out (if you put a call out) with casseroles, pasta dishes or salads so there's always something in the fridge? You may have to coordinate but any help from the social network or other kin would give you some breathing room
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hello again. It's Verna's neice. Verna is back in the hospital and had wanted me to let the group know. She will be back before you know it.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hope i did this the right way.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Verna is not sure how long she will be in the hospital but will update you as soon as she can.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-is there something I wish I did better -wish I had a professional picture done as my kids were older -doesn't matter -daughter gave us a lovely one from her wedding with my mom son/wife daughter /hubby and myself and hubby -I love it

-my wedding sounds like walkonby
    37 years this year in sept -our wedding his parents paid for the booze which was 250 my mom bough us a bedroom comfortor set and curtains from sears 200 oh and my wedding dress my mom bought $200.00 I had my sister-in-law and hubby had his older brother stand up for us
    -then we had rented a shriners hall I think that was 100.00 -had about 80 people had a buffet hot meal which was like 20.00 a person
    -wedding cost us a couple thousand 2,000 we did splurge on a photographer 500.00 for a book for us a 2 small books for our parents -I love to look at them the odd time -I look like a young kid -I was age 20 sooo
    -we didn't have money for a honeymoon -so we went to Niagara falls for the night -then saved up til the next summer and went to Disney world and fort Lauderdale -see I was even frugal back then -don't have the money don't go on a honeymoon -lol

-now fast forward my daughter wedding 4 years ago -she told her maid of honour and bridemaid -she just wanted navy blue long dress for them -any style any price so they could wear it again one paid 200.00 one paid 120.00(my self I lost 20 pounds for my daughter's wedding my dress shoes didn't fit that night had to wear socks with them in jan -lol nobody knew)anyway I was saying myself my dress for my daughter's wedding cost more than my wedding dress which was 200.00 37 years ago -lets just say I splurged but I look lovely in the pictures -lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, May 25th, 2016 at 08:55 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hope crochetlady is getting better or on the mend -thanks for telling us-wish her well for us

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Hello again. It's Verna's neice. Verna is back in the hospital and had wanted me to let the group know. She will be back before you know it.
    thanks for letting us know, I hope it's nothing too serious, tell we all say hi and thanks again for letting us know
    saundyl, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Well....dramatic music....dh came home late so there was not enough time to bring ds2 to his appointment so no shopping for me, oh well.

Ds2 has an appointment tomorrow late afternoon so I will run into get the water then and stop at the library to print coupons and maybe do a WM shop or not
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Kind of you to let us know - so sorry to hear this, though...

She's in my prayers for a quick recovery, hoping she gets well soon!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

@Crochetlady I was just telling my mom about how I missed your posts and how my hand towel and blanket you made for our family was special because they are signature items and they aren't being made by the day anymore. I lift up prayers for you when I dry my hands and snuggle our baby. Thank you for thinking of your online friends. I hope you leave the hospital with good news.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thank you for keeping us informed, I always wonder and worry when when of this little group goes MIA.
    Momof5boys, I like ciels idea. Would your brother pay for a meal service to ease your burden. It's not easy watching loved ones decline but I feel it's important to help as much as possible more for me then them because I won't always have the chance.
    We too are the frugal wedding variety. We were just telling our younger son about yesterday. We were married in the same village church as my parents and share the same anniversary as my in laws and the reception was in the local community centre catered by a friend. It must have worked as we are nearing 22 years. I think it's a good sign that my parents will celebrate 50 years and my in laws 61 years of marriage.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J& C. If you make it for groceries look for the bogo Klondike bar coupons. I found it at RCSS tonight. I am sure they won't last long
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My SIL is in ICU in Regina and they are doing tests to determine how best to treat the extensive case of sepsis. She was hospitalized last Friday. We should know more tomorrow. She can barely breath on her own right now, but she does not want them to put her into a medically induced coma and tube her.

My older sister gave birth to her twins yesterday. Baby boy at 10:30am natural birth, baby girl 12:30pm C-section because the placenta of the first twin got in the way. I don't know their names or weights.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    My SIL is in ICU in Regina and they are doing tests to determine how best to treat the extensive case of sepsis. She was hospitalized last Friday. We should know more tomorrow. She can barely breath on her own right now, but she does not want them to put her into a medically induced coma and tube her.

My older sister gave birth to her twins yesterday. Baby boy at 10:30am natural birth, baby girl 12:30pm C-section because the placenta of the first twin got in the way. I don't know their names or weights.
    Oh how lovely...more twins!! Hope your sister recovers quickly after the births. Congrats.
    Prayers for your SIL and hope she makes a full recovery as well.

@Crochetlady ty very much for letting us know your Aunt's situation, hope she has a very short hospital stay and is back here soon!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information