User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By lecale
  • 1 Post By redhdlois
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: Should alternative healing be more tightly regulated?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i know this is mostly a 'news' item, but hoping it stays on the 'main' page for a bit

i'm sure most have heard about the death of 19 month old ezekiel.

such a terribly sad preventable death. when hearing the coverage of his 'parents' trial, i found it hard to contain myself.
    quote from his father to police: "If this comes into question of whether this is a case of negligence or not, of course I would say no,
    I would say it's completely the opposite. We've gone above and beyond where he has received exceptional care," he said.

sighing, so if you want to listen to the radio show, click the link and follow

as usual it is a live call in show, i always find it interesting to hear what our country (and sometimes beyond)
    thinks about the topic - 2 hours, no commercials/news breaks,,,

i've made tinctures for myself and loved ones - it is not using it that kills it is not
    realizing,,,,

Home | Cross Country Checkup | CBC Radio

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I believe that a natropath is obliged to call 911 for medical assistance when a client's stare of health changes negatively.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

They should limit naturopathy to over-18's, adults that can consent to the concept.

Naturopaths should not able to call themselves "Dr." or use the word "medicine" (even Traditional "medicine") on their products.

IMO.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Unfortunately you never hear about the thousands of deaths that happen due to allopathic medicine.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I believe that a natropath is obliged to call 911 for medical assistance when a client's stare of health changes negatively.
    I didn't know that, @ShwaGirl. If that poor child actually WAS seeing a naturopath, then I believe it's negligence and he or she should have their license revoked. However, it may have been a case of the parents getting some advice and acting on it without him being under the supervised medical care, even by a naturopath.

I'm all for eating healthy, etc, but I think naturopaths over-promise and under-deliver their so-called "medical" care.

So yes, I do believe it should be more highly regulated and that only adults over the age of 18, as @lecale suggested.
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would someone who practices acupuncture need a licence in Canada? I don't think they need one in the UK but I strongly feel that they should.

Thread Information