User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Be watchful for manufacturers coupons with new computer system

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last Sunday used two $2.50 maple leaf coupons for bacon.
    Sale price $4.99 but charged $7.99-$2.50=$5.49 (more than the sale price!)
    Same for Gingerale - $6.99-$2.00 (coupon)=$4.99 (sale price $3.79)
    Several emails and 1 phone call later I was offered $10 worth of points. I pointed out that the store had received $7.00 worth of coupons so basically SDM was offering me $3.00. Mentioned SCOP so CSR reluctantly offered me 16,000 pts. Which I accepted.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    redfox, Silk, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

This happened to me yesterday. She ended up voiding out the coupon and re-entering it another way and it kept the price as it was supposed to be minus the coupon. You definitely have to be watching with the new system.
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

It's because they aren't inputting your coupon the right way. They have to wait until after they have done the total, then select the "tender" button, then they get the option for manufacturer coupons (vendor coupons). The reason the price went up is that the entered them as coupons, which are store coupons (i.e. red manager's coupons on the product). Those raise the sale price back up to the regular price, then the coupon value is added.

The cashiers are struggling with the new system when it first arrives at their store. You can read about it in the new cash register thread.
    FallenPixels and agarla like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yep they have to at least subtotal for the sale prices to take effect before applying anything (and unless it is the only thing you bought, the system doesn't know what the coupons are for, so she definitely entered it wrong)

I don't know what they were thinking with this system, every cashier seems to hate it and several times it has frozen on a bigger transaction, they need to press more buttons to do the same thing etc
    dagney likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

the cashier at my store said they had a 10 minute video to watch -and she didn't care for the new system -I know one thing for sure if you have managers stickers on items they should take those off before(not after like she did-screwed the whole order up ) they total and take off manufacturers cpns -cause she didn't and I was standing there for a good 30 minutes while others tried to help her out
    dagney likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yep manufacturer coupons are dead last. I'm still trying to get used to that, especially when you redeem. This evening I handed over my vib, then regular coupons, then screamed no, wait! I want to redeem! Lol. I nearly forgot.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    walkonby, momi and amira84 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Yep manufacturer coupons are dead last. I'm still trying to get used to that, especially when you redeem. This evening I handed over my vib, then regular coupons, then screamed no, wait! I want to redeem! Lol. I nearly forgot.

Lol
    I had the same situation today...
    Cashier was going to vendor coupon and I screamed I want to redeem if you enter the coupons before I will not be able to redeem
    annedougherty and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Lol. This is exactly what happened to me tonight. It took a long time to find out how to void manu coupons in order to be able to redeem pts. But poor cahsiers are not at fault. They have been asked to go online and study the new system. Lol
    momi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But if you redeem say at $30....then if you present coupons after that...how does it work, do you get the $ value of the coupons back? I do not understand new system with redemption at all??

pansies2015

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The loaded offers also does work if you redeem,in the old system they don't show up if you are going to redeem...
    Today I spent $141 before taxes redeem $85 but my offer spend $50 and get 20x points worked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by momi; Mon, Jun 6th, 2016 at 12:28 AM.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pansies2015 View Post
    But if you redeem say at $30....then if you present coupons after that...how does it work, do you get the $ value of the coupons back? I do not understand new system with redemption at all??

pansies2015
    Don't overthink it. It works the same, it's just about the order. If you are going to redeem $30 you still need to spend $30 after coupons right? Right. So they ring everything through, you redeem $30, $30 comes off, then your coupons.
    free*is*best, 4sure5, momi and 1 others like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

my total was $52.xx i redeemed for $30 then cashier input coupons. i only received regular points for the remainding amount of $20.xx (before coupons). So i did not get 20x the points. lesson learned.
    momi and amira84 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Don't overthink it. It works the same, it's just about the order. If you are going to redeem $30 you still need to spend $30 after coupons right? Right. So they ring everything through, you redeem $30, $30 comes off, then your coupons.
    However... just thinking out loud hear. Base Subtotal: $30 plus tax/deposit. You can redeem your $30 (or whatever) and use your coupons as tender to pay for part of the GST/deposit portion of what's left after you redeem.
    momi and pansies2015 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    my total was $52.xx i redeemed for $30 then cashier input coupons. i only received regular points for the remainding amount of $20.xx (before coupons). So i did not get 20x the points. lesson learned.

What was your coupon? If your base points were 300 or more you shouldve gotten the points. Otherwise no. And we don't get big coupon points for our redemptions unless we are still meeting the minimum threshold requirement.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

^they were all $ off coupons, no FPC

the subtotal is over $50. i've emailed SDM

Name:  SDM.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  104.2 KB
    Last edited by Purdee; Sun, May 29th, 2016 at 10:53 PM.
    amira84 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information