User Tag List

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! Finally got the rain here over night which I am happy about for the garden. It gets watered everyday but with the heat it seems to suck up the water quick and look dry! DS has an early game tonight which is good, home quick to eat leftovers (tacos from other night) and then off to game (local). Then I can be home early to start laundry.
    My washer isn't spinning the water out the last 2 loads so I'm off to google and see what I need to do! Think I put it off balance with a huge King size comforter for the 1st load. whoops.
    Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

sweet sparrow - how lovely! You'll be able to settle in together before the holidays!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    New news for all those who have guessed, due date is mid-December. @coupongirl : November is way too early. I would have known much sooner, I think! My running days will soon be over, if not already. I can't handle the lower body pressure and my knees and hips are starting to feel pain in the bones. It was three pounds in the past few weeks!
    @cally : Welcome!
    Christmas will be exciting
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Happy Thursday! Finally got the rain here over night which I am happy about for the garden. It gets watered everyday but with the heat it seems to suck up the water quick and look dry! DS has an early game tonight which is good, home quick to eat leftovers (tacos from other night) and then off to game (local). Then I can be home early to start laundry.
    My washer isn't spinning the water out the last 2 loads so I'm off to google and see what I need to do! Think I put it off balance with a huge King size comforter for the 1st load. whoops.
    Have a great day everyone
    It could be the switch on the lid, I've had both happen before actually 3 times if it's not a front loader

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Sorry for going awol again. Things will likely be crazy for the foreseeable future.

Had a shock to the system at the oncologist appt - bff & my Mom led me to believe things are less dire than they truly are. I nearly lost it when the nurse started discussing palliative care options. At this point, my Mom is still on her own & able to take care of herself (we call each other several times a day (used to be to check on me, now....) and I go see her once a week). What scares me is how quickly both she & Lily dog went from being strong, vibrant and active to shells of their former selves. On the plus side, Lily dog is still her crazy self when she sees someone she likes, and my Mom still knows who all the artists were at the Billboard awards (she's way cooler than I am ).

All is mostly well in our little corner of paradise. Quincy cat is still bossing Lily dog around & trying his best to get me to hand over my lunch. He's also having a grand time socializing on the neighbourhood patios (the restaurants think it's great to have a kitty customer ).

I'll try to keep in touch more regularly - been packing my days full of adventures with Lily dog & Quincy cat, as well as trying to declutter while they nap (it's amazing how quickly things get messy when one doesn't stay on top of organizing, sigh).

Hope everyone is well. Going to do my best to enjoy the summer with my family & friends, hope everyone is able to do the same.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

The soup is made and cooling before I put in the fridge should be enough soup for lunches for quite a few days, I would love to freeze some but freezer space is precious these days, I'm not complaining besides I prefer the fresh soup vs. frozen, I find the noodles get soggy.

Still got to chop up the pork loins dh picked up.

My shopping list is coming along and I'm attaching my coupons to each store as I go along, I found that really helped the last time I was dedicated to couponing, great visual.

Both items that were posted were picked up last night so $100 richer, going to post 1 item tonight that is taking space in the garage, I prefer to list 1 item at a time otherwise I find it gets very overwhelming for me.

Well off to tackle some more tidying up.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Sorry for going awol again. Things will likely be crazy for the foreseeable future.

Had a shock to the system at the oncologist appt - bff & my Mom led me to believe things are less dire than they truly are. I nearly lost it when the nurse started discussing palliative care options. At this point, my Mom is still on her own & able to take care of herself (we call each other several times a day (used to be to check on me, now....) and I go see her once a week). What scares me is how quickly both she & Lily dog went from being strong, vibrant and active to shells of their former selves. On the plus side, Lily dog is still her crazy self when she sees someone she likes, and my Mom still knows who all the artists were at the Billboard awards (she's way cooler than I am ).

All is mostly well in our little corner of paradise. Quincy cat is still bossing Lily dog around & trying his best to get me to hand over my lunch. He's also having a grand time socializing on the neighbourhood patios (the restaurants think it's great to have a kitty customer ).

I'll try to keep in touch more regularly - been packing my days full of adventures with Lily dog & Quincy cat, as well as trying to declutter while they nap (it's amazing how quickly things get messy when one doesn't stay on top of organizing, sigh).

Hope everyone is well. Going to do my best to enjoy the summer with my family & friends, hope everyone is able to do the same.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    @Andit thanks for keeping us posted, mom's are so special spend all the time you can while she's still able to enjoy your company and the brats.

Praying for your mom and hope your bff has found a new place to live.

Take care of yourself and we'll understand if you are busy with all going on.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    It could be the switch on the lid, I've had both happen before actually 3 times if it's not a front loader
    Thanks! I saw that in the stuff I printed off to try tonight (its an HE top loader) So many things to try so hoping I'm successful
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    sweet sparrow - how lovely! You'll be able to settle in together before the holidays!
    It's actually the thought of the holidays that stress me out more than anything. DH reminds me that his family will expect me to make appearances and travel, and will want to see the baby. I won't want to travel two hours away from the hospital to see them on my due date, and after the baby comes, I will be less inclined to sit for four hours in a car until the recovery period is over. I fully expect MIL to come over and tell me what I should and shouldn't be doing, while she and FIL wear their outdoor shoes all over our house because "they're not dirty". I have so many "expectations" already that I will not be accepting new ones!

But after all four families of DH's relatives have visited, I will be looking forward to settling in!

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Thanks all for the very warm welcomes!

My mom used to make english muffin pizzas for our birthday parties as kids!!! I thought my mom was the only ONE!!! LOL. None of my friends ever had them and were always excited to attend my birthdays and my siblings birthdays because of the mini pizzas! She used to let us 'dress' them all - that way if some kid didn't like green peppers they didn't have to pick them off.

My mom was also famous for her pinwheel sandwiches - another thing I thought my mom soley made until I grew up a bit. Lol.

I've been trying to make pizza eggrolls lately....the first time they were ok - so I thought I'd make them with a few more interesting ingredients....mushrooms..onions...green peppers etc. I folded them like a regular eggroll - flattened on each end....but the last time I fried them up they exploded! All the filling poured out into the oil...it was a greasy mess! I wondered if maybe I sealed them too tight? Or maybe I need to double wrap them? Any suggestions?
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent $3.11 at Walmart ( used gift card i had kicking around) Bought 4x Sweet Kale salads and 2 x Aveeno body wash. Used $18 in coupons!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Andit : I'm so glad your furbabies are keeping your spirits up. I'm sure I'm not the only one amused by their antics.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Andit : I'm so glad your furbabies are keeping your spirits up. I'm sure I'm not the only one amused by their antics.
    Animals sure do play an important part in many lives! I know my kids love their dog. It's nice to see my teen cuddle her and show her love (even when he is grouchy with everyone else lol)
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Went to a concert last night - Ken Lavigne - what a fabulous tenor and great story teller....had such a great time! Best part was these were free tickets given to us.

On another note, hubby's work situation looks more and more like he may be out of work soon. He says the days are not nearly as busy. So we are bracing for the news. He may be forced into early retirement (he is nearly 63). At least we'll have the unemployment for a year or so and then probably will start drawing from retirement. Thankfully we've been savers

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@momof5boys : Hopefully, work gives DH a nice retirement package if they let him go.

Today, we heard the news that LO can move up into the upper class, which means lower costs. Yay! Well, until September when the costs go up again. And then there are my increased bus costs from now until the end of the year. I will not be running today as temperatures are above 30C.

Lately, LO has been upset during the daycare drop off. She's cried, screamed, and told us she wants to come home and she doesn't want to be at daycare. Today, she was grinning from ear to ear after being told she could go to the upper class as of next week. She even cheerfully waved and didn't bother to look for us at the window. A new kid!

LO's been really ticked off with us as she thinks we go home after we put her in daycare, watch Wheels on the Bus, eat ice cream, and play at the park all day.....as we do, of course.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information