User Tag List

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all.
    I spent yesterday sick. very sick. I actually took the day off work , ... I have not called in sick in 3 years. Today I am sore. very , very sore. My husband has a event for the club he wrks with. andIam not going to be able to be there. and he is the master of cerimonies .

I am resting for the day. and cleaning my bedroom.
    one of my goals, is to geta better knowlage of the apps, that you get rebates for.... Ima so lost with them.
    @Giseledta I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I hope you bounce back quickly.

I thought I'd give you help with some of the apps. Make sure that you check the end dates on any offers. Look for restrictions such as stores to purchase from or size of product.

Zweet has has new offers available on Wednesday. It often has a 25c offer for healthy food purchases each week. You can order a cheque after there is $20 in your account.

Checkout 51 - aka CO51 - gets new offers each Thursday and they are valid for an entire week. I find that the receipt uploads very quickly and the receipt is usually processed within a few hours. You can order a cheque after there is $20 in your account.

Caddle - new offers become available on Thursday, but they often have offers that are valid for 2wks at a time. Whenever I upload my receipt I find that it takes a very long time to upload, so I have to keep tapping the app to stop it from going to sleep and then errorung out. You can do surveys on the app without purchasing the item. It all gets credited to your account instantly. You can order a cheque after there is $20 in your account.

CO-OP app has two different types of electronic coupons to redeem in store. The new coupons are available on Friday.

Coupgon (you can have a separate app, but is automatically part of the CO-OP app). New coupons become available on Friday.

PC Plus - new offers each Thursday. If you use the app on your phone then you can swipe to the left and save up to three offers from one week to the next. You can also chose not to get certain offers that do not help your family. Some people wait to redeem their points for gift cards to avoid missing points on purchases in car there is a conflict in their system.

The next apps I personally do not find as helpful.
    Save.ca and Cartsmart are also rebate apps. They don't have a regular schedule for new offers. There are also some flyer apps that members use for pm'ing, but I have never done so. My local NF and WM want to keep the entire paper flyer when I pm.

7-Eleven app has a free item some Fridays. If you scan the app 6 times for beverages, then your 7th one is free.

KFC Canada app has discount offers.

If you shop at Sobeys and have Air Miles, then I would suggest checking for special offers. You can find this through a link in your email from Sobeys or by Googling for it. New offers are available to be loaded each Friday and they are valid for two weeks. I get two 50% offers plus bonus AM offers each week. If you have trouble redeeming any of these offers, just call the number on the website and they will quickly and easily add AM to your account, even for the 50% off offers.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 11th, 2016 at 10:43 AM. Reason: I typed and kept updating my post in order to avoid it messing up and losing everything.
    Giseledta, 22hicks, Ciel and 7 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

pc plus I use. and I have got that one down.

I also have the shoppers app down

I think I am going to work on co51 for a bit, and figure it out. I have never uploadeda recipit before so it is a learning curve
    Last edited by Giseledta; Sat, Jun 11th, 2016 at 09:35 AM.
    22hicks, Ciel, YOU AND ME and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I think today is going to be a blah day with a whole lot of nothing going on. I need to recover from my week and plan for the weeks to come. We now have 2 branches needing my attention and I think more and more the joke of "well you can just rotate between the 2" is becoming more of a reality. So now I need to get some plans in place of where we are going and what needs to be done.

Mom had some "extra" money this pay and went and did the grocery shopping and paid for it which I will take, one thing I do not need to worry about. She has also promised me that in her paying for groceries will not result in her coming up short somewhere else, since she has been getting extra hours I have been told she can cover all of her bills this month so she will not need any $$$ from me. With that being said I sat down with the budget and did a rough draft which I will firm up later this afternoon but it does look like I by the end of the month we will have Mom's car service paid off and I can get new shoes.

Next on the budget will be new clothes for me. I only have a couple summer tops I can wear to work which I was not worried about as I have a number of dresses so I was going to wear but now that I will be spending most of my time in our retail outlets and not in the office dresses are not the best option. I just have my fingers crossed nothing else pops up at least for a few weeks so we can get back on track.

Have a great day everyone

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.
    Wow, we had quite a thunderstorm overnight. With humidex today, 37. Tomorrow, high of 20.
    What psycho weather.
    I've got a busy day ahead, but wanted to pop in and wish you all a wonderful day.

Name:  love Sat mornings.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  24.1 KB
    Ciel, YOU AND ME, cath007 and 2 others like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all.
    I spent yesterday sick. very sick. I actually took the day off work , ... I have not called in sick in 3 years. Today I am sore. very , very sore. My husband has a event for the club he wrks with. andIam not going to be able to be there. and he is the master of cerimonies .

I am resting for the day. and cleaning my bedroom.
    one of my goals, is to geta better knowlage of the apps, that you get rebates for.... Ima so lost with them.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Name:  get well puppy.gif
Views: 133
Size:  15.2 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Weekend for me

Plant the garden
    Supervise teenage boys Xbox party
    Transcriptions
    Pack for my week of training
    Clean the flex
    Repot some beautiful flowers bf bought me.
    Laundry. (Takes soooo much less time with the new dryer)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseledta-hope you are feeling better
    -well popped over to my son's to see his backyard he got a cement patio put in with pebbles design all over it so nice -he got the same guy that did our driveway-then sat talking to daughter-in-law and she said she was taking ashlyn to a splash pad -asked if we wanted to come (son is on nights so he is sleeping)it was so cute seeing all the little ones run under the water sprayers -then we went to a bake sale for mac kids -and bought ashlyn a M&M and a cupcake for my daughter-in-law and I -came home did one load and doing another load -too hot to sod the other part of my lawn today and still sore so not doing it on sunday either -it can always wait til whenever I feel like doing it

-sweet sparrow -you can eat what you want wear what you want etc -my daughter had a client meeting the other day and she wore (it was a cool day in toronto )a long sleeve dress -not maternity(the girls at work said it was cute -but she told me it rode up a bit in the back but not much) she has gotten away with only spending a bit on maternity clothing
    -everyone have a great weekend -its high of 35 here with humidex

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

Giseledta hope your feeling better soon

The weather has been crappy for the last week gosh it's June should be a little warmer.Well of to do some cleaning
    Giseledta, 22hicks, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I have rephotographed and reposted some of my for sale items with a slight price drop. Marketing people. lol.

I also bought a Fisher Price easel at our local second hand for a $1. Plan to put it at the end of the driveway with the trikes I am planning to sell. I am keeping the easel...but going to chalk prices for end of the drive items on it.

Off to scrub the marker off of it. lol.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had a post typed up earlier.

Cashed put my first ever co51. I think I've been a member for 3 yrs. I find more often than not it's Walmart products...or products I rarely buy or don't buy and when it is one I buy it hits just after the changeover date and I miss it (usually my Folger coffee)

Laundry in. Plants repotted (had to buy a nice new big pot). I took the trash out of my flex and put the coolers in.

Our group of teenage boys is having good noisy fun. Xbox 360.
    And a Game of hide n seek tag.

Watered my plants and decided to throw away my list for today and just enjoy life and the sounds of happy kids.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

mr clean magic earser. seriously, any little tykes, step one ect products... use the mr cleans. I f it is super tough, add dawn dish soap. and a bit of vinager.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I have rephotographed and reposted some of my for sale items with a slight price drop. Marketing people. lol.

I also bought a Fisher Price easel at our local second hand for a $1. Plan to put it at the end of the driveway with the trikes I am planning to sell. I am keeping the easel...but going to chalk prices for end of the drive items on it.

Off to scrub the marker off of it. lol.
    22hicks, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am so bad at doing nothing, I always feel so bad. So I decided even though I was determined to get something done it was not going to be anything around the house or for work (I will save that for tomorrow).

So I finished the larger flower bath scrubbie for Mom's friend so now I have a small and large Flower Bath scrubbie for Mom to give her friend.

Also the girl I made the sheep pillow for liked it, but it was too big for her purpose so she wants a smaller version which I can do and the even better news is another one of Mom's co workers wants the "over fed" sheep as Mom's co workers are calling it. As well a few other people are asking if I can do different animals. Since I am going to be travelling and staying in a hotel off and on over the next couple months this will give me something to take with me and maybe earn a few extra $$$$$. I don't want to wish too big but maybe just maybe I can set aside this money for something for me that I don't have to budget for.

Everyone have a great night, there is a sheep calling me that needs to be made.
    Giseledta, 22hicks, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Cleaning of my bedroom is almost finished!!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@SassyAshley great news on the crocheting projects

Busy and productive day shopping, lots of deals, stocking up etc, spent quite a bit but I'm stocked up for quite some time.

1 of my goals for June was to stock up men's hygiene items and I purchased 8 Men's Dove shaving gel which are on rollback at WM ONT for $3.97 - $3 insert coupons exp. June 30, 2016 for Men's face products = .97 + taxes = $1.47 so the guys are stocked up for quite some time.

Got super lucky at WM at the veggies/fruits clearance racks 1bls blueberries for $1, grabbed 14 packages, left 5 out for this weeks breakfasts, lunches, snacks & desserts etc. Froze the other 9lbs for baking. Last week it was raspberries, maybe next week will be strawberries or blackberries . PM'd NF for Barilla at .88 cents, purchased 16 boxes so stockup for 6-8 months on pasta

Dh will be picking up bacon this week so the freezers will be stocked up.

So far since 2nd week of May - when I started couponing again I have managed to

1. Stock up on liquid dish soap (Palmolive Fusion), enough for 2 years
    2. stocked up on Sweet baby ray's bbq sauce good for 1.5 years
    3. stocked up on Barilla pasta 6-8 months worth
    4. Men's Shaving gel for approx. 1 year @.97 each + taxes = $1.47
    5. Crest 3D mouth wash for 6 months @$3.99 for the largest bottle available
    6. laundry detergent (Tide liquid & Tide pods & Gain flings) for 2 years ($1.50 for liquid & $1.47 for pods)
    7. (free) Baby wipes for camping - 6 packs which will last quite a while ($2.99 - $3 coupon = .01 + taxes)
    8. Tons of bacon on sale
    9. 11 free packs of bacon
    10. 14 packages of 10 of Country naturals hotdogs 2/$5 - $2.50 coupon = FREE
    11. 16 boxes of Free Prime stuffed chickens = 32 chicken breast (from buying maple leaf bacon, country natural hotdogs, whole fresh prime chicken, chicken drumsticks etc.
    12. 4 Free Lays Family sized chips wub2 pepsi (dh loves his pepsi)
    13. 9 Free scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaners @$2.99 - $3.00 coupon
    14. 10 Free Colgate total advanced tooth pastes @$.88 - $1.00
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Sat, Jun 11th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.
    Giseledta, 22hicks, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Cleaning of my bedroom is almost finished!!!!!
    awesome job @cath007 I just had a great idea but it may be too late for your room BUT maybe not, take before and after pictures of each room. This way it's a reminder of how far you have come
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information