User Tag List

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Party over. Boys convinced bf to allow it to go to 3 Instead of 11.

I packed my suitcase. Need to pack up my laptop and knitting too. Maybe Run Out To the Camper And Grab A Couple Plates and cutlery to use in the hotel.

I was bad and stopped at the greenhouse. I can never walk our without buying flowers. I got 4 pretty pink n blue flowers and an ivy. for in the bed where I planted our lily bulbs and bleeding hearts (neither of which have come up)

We have spent less on. Bedding plants this year
    ..usually it's about $80more than I've spent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Party over. Boys convinced bf to allow it to go to 3 Instead of 11.

I packed my suitcase. Need to pack up my laptop and knitting too. Maybe Run Out To the Camper And Grab A Couple Plates and cutlery to use in the hotel.

I was bad and stopped at the greenhouse. I can never walk our without buying flowers. I got 4 pretty pink n blue flowers and an ivy. for in the bed where I planted our lily bulbs and bleeding hearts (neither of which have come up)

We have spent less on. Bedding plants this year
    ..usually it's about $80more than I've spent.

I had to laught I thought you were packing your bags because the kids played longer

Enjoy your time away, I know it's work but take it easy and you only have you to take care of....enjoy
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I lost for the moment my mom wedding ring
    22hicks, Ciel and YOU AND ME like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I had to laught I thought you were packing your bags because the kids played longer

Enjoy your time away, I know it's work but take it easy and you only have you to take care of....enjoy
    Lol no they were a really good group of kids to have over. The only incident was right as the last buddy was leaving our oldest decided to whip a pop bottle at the back of his brothers head.

I will enjoy the evening's for the most part lol total control of the remote (no Alaskan reality TV For days! And no one to hog the blanket and Blame me.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hello every1. I hope you all had a good day.
    I've been out all day. After church, I went to the Jays game - what a great game !!!!
    Then had dinner downtown, and I'm finally home.
    I think it'll be an early night for me.

And, if I haven't said so already, thank you all for the welcome wishes.
    Last edited by 22hicks; Sun, Jun 12th, 2016 at 09:41 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Wishing everyone a great day,I sleeped well in my ''new bedroom'' yesterday!!! Even eve love the bed and the confy pillows I got from the leon promo a while ago freeeeeeeeeeeee
    Natalka, Angela273 and coupon girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it feels like summer is almost here. DD finished class on Fri and has exams for the next week and then done. DH is done work next week for the summer. I will continue to work a few hours a week until we go on vacation in July. So things are pretty quiet around here. DD and I attended a baby shower yesterday for my niece-the baby is expected in 2 months and after 2 previous losses we are all hoping everything goes well this time. Still managing to find reasonably priced groceries at No Frills which is my closest store.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Morning all,

2 loads of laundry hanging outside to dry, dh is going to Coscto on his way home to fill 1 of our 100lbs propane tanks as we don't get propane delivery and it's so much cheaper this way.

Supper tonight is pork kabobs didn't get around to it last night as everyone was still stuffed from the big lunch.

Hoping some of the bacon coupons arrive today so dh can pick them up tomorrow.

Off to tackle some things in the basement that seem to be the drop zone since our bedroom renovations.

Wishing everyone a great day
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Well it feels like summer is almost here. DD finished class on Fri and has exams for the next week and then done. DH is done work next week for the summer. I will continue to work a few hours a week until we go on vacation in July. So things are pretty quiet around here. DD and I attended a baby shower yesterday for my niece-the baby is expected in 2 months and after 2 previous losses we are all hoping everything goes well this time. Still managing to find reasonably priced groceries at No Frills which is my closest store.
    I love reading your travel stories, where are you going in July? I can't keep up.

Your poor niece, praying that that precious bundle stays put until delivery day.
    Angela273, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ sweet sparrow, wear what you like, eat what you like when you like, find some way to cut the stress - baby knows what's going on with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I agree with Natalka wear what you want, what's comfortable, eat what you want and relax when you can.
    I certainly wish I could eat and wear what I wanted! When I eat, I have a tendency to stuff myself silly and with all the things that make me sick. I want lots and lots of dairy, but I have a lactose intolerance that gives me a severe pain, probably about halfway to labour pains, once I've had too much milk, cheese, or ice cream. I want cherries, but again, after a certain amount makes me very sick. Actually, most everything makes me sick as there doesn't seem to be much room in the tummy area. I know I'm overeating all the time, but still feel hungry. What makes me stop is the pain and nausea.

Last pregnancy, I was sick almost all the time. All cough medicines and symptom relievers say not to take during pregnancy so I could drink tea with honey, but only certain teas, and definitely not the teas I wanted.

Work demands a certain dress code, so while I would like not to have to wear clothes that are so fitted, I can't wear my XL t-shirts in a corporate environment. Also, for some reason, maternity clothes are cut to a super low v-neck. When I look down, I can see pretty much everything and it happens in all sizes from S, M, and L. I'm really not impressed by Thyme Maternity right now.

I think this is just motherhood in training. There is no doing what you want, when you want for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    When you make potato salad do you leave the potatoes whole and then cube them or cube them 1st.I'm wondering which is the best way???
    @YOU AND ME: I cube them first to have them all cook evenly. I think I read that in a Jamie Oliver cookbook so I trust him to know what he's doing.

@Natalka: Congratulations on your new computer! We just purchased additional memory for ours and it's much faster as well!

@Giseledta: I hope you feel better soon!

@coupon girl: I heard on the radio once that as we get older, males tend to tune out high pitched voices and females tune out lower tones. I don't know if that's more than a radio tidbit though.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I lost for the moment my mom wedding ring
    I hope you find it soon!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Did two loads of laundry and hang iin it outside
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jun 13th, 2016 at 04:03 PM.
    Angela273 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Time is flying by! I just did my mid-month budget clean up. On track and have a good carry over for groceries and misc.
    Planned some vacation days to spend with my sister and neice.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'm really annoyed with myself. By the end of last Friday, it had been a long week at work and I had to lug my laptop on the bus home. I was happy to find a seat at the front (in the mobility impaired seating) but was quickly asked to move at the next stop for a two child stroller. Laptops sure are heavy! Well, I suppose I'm not extremely obvious yet, and perhaps two children getting on the bus take priority over one seat, but by the time I got to daycare, I was rather tired.

Coming home, I was crossing the residential street in front of our driveway in the path of two teenage girls playing soccer. One of them kicked the ball sending it into my hip. I did have a lot of pelvic pain this weekend, though I can't say for sure that it was because of being hit with a soccer ball or because of pregnancy. What I was most concerned with was that two inches more and she would have hit my bump. Another six inches more and she would have hit LO in the head. I was angry that they couldn't wait two seconds until we had crossed the road, but more thankful that we were not on the way to the hospital to get LO checked for a concussion. I had a painful hit to the hip so I don't want to imagine what would have happened to LO belted to her stroller!

I should have said something, but after that long day and still lugging that laptop, I just wanted to get in the house and give her a big hug. Though I vow if I see those girls again, I will have a word with them about being more careful when young children are about.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

J and C-our family is heading to England for 3 weeks( house exchange, followed by Air B and B flat rental in London), then flying straight back to Toronto for 3 days to visit my Mum, then flying to Chicago for my husbands nephews wedding( car rental) and then visiting with my sister and family in Indianapolis for a few days before flying home-reading this makes me think we will need a vacation when we get home-lol!! I just got it in my head that once we had gone so far East we would do our family stops on the way home( cheaper) even though it is a lot to accomplish in 33 days!! We didn't actually know about the wedding until we had committed to the house exchange but we had not bought our plane tickets yet so we were able to squeeze it all in-otherwise we probably would have spent four weeks in England and then come straight home.

The best part is there are some economical parts to this:

-got cheap flights last Sept when WestJet announced their inaugural flights to London( less than $600 each-we can barely fly to Toronto for that in the summer travel peak!)
    -other flights were all booked on points so the cost is only taxes and fees
    -our house exchange comes with a car
    -we got the flat rental for about 1/2 the price of a hotel room in London-still not overly cheap but just a 10 minute walk to Buckingham Palace so quite central to see the sights
    -of course there will still be expenses but it is all in the budget and may be our last family holiday given our daughter is now 17, so well worth it to me.
    -as you know when I work I put the money in the travel fund.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Jun 13th, 2016 at 05:46 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-our family is heading to England for 3 weeks( house exchange, followed by Air B and B flat rental in London), then flying straight back to Toronto for 3 days to visit my Mum, then flying to Chicago for my husbands nephews wedding( car rental) and then visiting with my sister and family in Indianapolis for a few days before flying home-reading this makes me think we will need a vacation when we get home-lol!! I just got it in my head that once we had gone so far East we would do our family stops on the way home( cheaper) even though it is a lot to accomplish in 33 days!! We didn't actually know about the wedding until we had committed to the house exchange but we had not bought our plane tickets yet so we were able to squeeze it all in-otherwise we probably would have spent four weeks in England and then come straight home.

The best part is there are some economical parts to this:

-got cheap flights last Sept when WestJet announced their inaugural flights to London
    -other flights were all booked on points so the cost is only taxes and fees
    -our house exchange comes with a car
    -we got the flat rental for about 1/2 the price of a hotel room in London-still not overly cheap but just a 10 minute walk to Buckingham Palace so quite central to see the sights
    -of course there will still be expenses but it is all in the budget and maybe our last family holiday given our daughter is now 17 so well worth it to me.
    Your schedule is jam packed but then again you like to keep busy , I'll look forward to hearing about your adventures while away on vacation.

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information