User Tag List

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    This makes me sad too, just to hear about it. I'm tired of the sick pukes out there who just 'do what they want' and get away with it.
    Looks like there is more damaged than initially thought. Tow truck picked the vehicle up and now we have been told that possibly the steering column and ignition need replacing. Thankfully, my son had good insurance!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned the cupboard above the sink. Feels good to toss junk. So much space now! Cleaned one washroom so far, hit the others soon. Pulled a burger patty and bun from freezer for lunch.
    Off I go to tackle another job, break time is over!
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cleaned the cupboard above the sink. Feels good to toss junk. So much space now! Cleaned one washroom so far, hit the others soon. Pulled a burger patty and bun from freezer for lunch.
    Off I go to tackle another job, break time is over!
    I am doing the same. I need to clean in between sales hits from posts. I have posted a bunch more books. I hope I get some hits. I have started cross-posting on the two local sites, which is annoying for people like me who are on both, but I find there are a lot of people who are not or only check one.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Now I want a baby to rack up the PC pts lol. Great Shop! I am always seeing great clearance deals at my RCSS for baby stuff too so you should do well!
    I only ever buy diapers there. I don't think I've purchased any other baby things at RCSS except for eczema body wash (not Aveeno since it's never really worked for us) and some pharmacy items. Should I be buying more?

I can say you're saving a lot by NOT having a baby!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I only ever buy diapers there. I don't think I've purchased any other baby things at RCSS except for eczema body wash (not Aveeno since it's never really worked for us) and some pharmacy items. Should I be buying more?

I can say you're saving a lot by NOT having a baby!
    Yes I have done my time! I'm actually just starting to enjoy not paying for daycare! Looking forward to this summer not paying out or taking vacation days just to save $ lol
    Angela273, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I want every Wednesday off!!!! Made bacon for DS for the next few days lunch. Cleaned out a bin that was collecting important papers in the back of my vehicle. Found coupons I have been looking for, FPC's. And $27 so far!!! And 2 coupon holders so no need to buy a new one. Now to clean out glovebox and console! Tons of Ct money that needs organizing!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I did 2 trades with stamps on my french fb couponning group!!! I am an happy camper!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing everyone a great evening
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Dinner was omelettes for all and super yummy. I did some bacon of course and everyone was happy. I just realized the bonus of the laundry fiasco. Major purge coming. We have a big laundry room and I leave lots of my clothes hanging there, but they all had to come up to that bedroom. Seriously how many pairs of pants do I need. So my rule is I have to love it and look good in it. I have also lost some weight to year so the larger size can't be my safety net. My plan it to remove 25 items of clothing this weekend.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Yesterday's appt with the oncologist went a bit better than I hoped. The bad news is that the cancer has spread to the bones (already suspected, last week's catscan confirmed it). The good news is that the infection is cleared up, my Mom's in better shape than the last time the Dr saw her, & a modified chemo will start next week (she can't have full chemo - it's too much for her - but at least they're finally doing something and there is a plan in place).
    @Andit : I hope this new plan of action works out well for your mom and really happy to hear she's doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I'm stalking the flyer thread....anyone else?
    I was so stalking the flyer thread this week.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    J&C: thanks for the offer but the work is done so nothing I can do now. 5000.00 later, ugh. I just need to pay it and move on. It will deplete the savings but not the emergency fund so such is life. I just realized we have zero daycare, summer camp costs this year as Logan is soon 13 and with DH working at home even lunches won't be a concern. The older son is almost 16 still has no job but will be taking a course in summer school. Last year Logan did away camp for the 1st so that was the only cost. We buy a family swim pass since the local pool is 500 metres away and he makes good use of that.
    I am jealous of anyone who has no daycare costs. I feel like we finished our mortgage to pay into a bigger and more costly mortgage!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    SIL is doing better. She got moved to a normal medical ward in the hospital!
    @Angela273 : YAY!!!!

Good morning! Vacation day for me. Made the kids egg mcmuffins. Soon leaving for school. Then the day is mine to get stuff done
    I always smile when I hear someone say Egg McMuffins when they didn't go to McDonalds. In the cafeteria at school, they sold "egg muffins" but all the kids called them Egg McMuffins. It completely ruffled the chef's feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Dinner was omelettes for all and super yummy. I did some bacon of course and everyone was happy. I just realized the bonus of the laundry fiasco. Major purge coming. We have a big laundry room and I leave lots of my clothes hanging there, but they all had to come up to that bedroom. Seriously how many pairs of pants do I need. So my rule is I have to love it and look good in it. I have also lost some weight to year so the larger size can't be my safety net. My plan it to remove 25 items of clothing this weekend.
    I don't think I bought one item of clothing in the past decade unless it was to replace something essential like a lost hat, mittens, etc., except the year my favourite clothing store closed. I think I bought three $5 - 10 sweaters since I would never have the chance to again. I decided that one full drawer of pants/sweaters/etc. was enough so any time I would shop, I wore my favourite outfit. If the clothes in the store didn't look better than what I had on at the moment, they wouldn't come home. Now, I don't have time for fitting rooms anymore, so all the clothes come home and then they all go back.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another Sunny,hot and bright day in here!!! It is the Québec birthday we called '' St -Jean-Baptiste''.Yesterday I did 2 boxes of cleaning mostly brother papers,today I will see what i can do.I am stalking the flyers too,qc ones dont get posted each week but this week yes!!! Wishing everyone an awesome day!!! TGIF lol
    Natalka, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Looks like there is more damaged than initially thought. Tow truck picked the vehicle up and now we have been told that possibly the steering column and ignition need replacing. Thankfully, my son had good insurance!
    @momof5boys : It was a senseless act, but I'm glad your son wasn't hurt. I've been hearing of too many instances where someone is hurt or killed over something pointless like the theft of a cellphone or even less.

I suppose it's a crazy world when you can let something like that go and think it's only money. Money is eventually replaceable but lives and the feeling of safety is not. A big hug to you and your son!

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good morning everyone!!! Another Sunny,hot and bright day in here!!! It is the Québec birthday we called '' St -Jean-Baptiste''.Yesterday I did 2 boxes of cleaning mostly brother papers,today I will see what i can do.I am stalking the flyers too,qc ones dont get posted each week but this week yes!!! Wishing everyone an awesome day!!! TGIF lol
    @cath007 : Happy St-Jean-Baptiste!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

QOTD: I've noticed that the Loblaw banner stores have been putting limits on some advertised items. Do limits make you buy more, or put more thought into how much you need?

I find if there's a limit stated, I'll generally put more thought into the amount I need, but I don't usually buy more than I intended to. I suppose I might ask others if they need some if it's a good price though.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: I've noticed that the Loblaw banner stores have been putting limits on some advertised items. Do limits make you buy more, or put more thought into how much you need?

I cannot answer this one,we dont have a Loblaws anymore
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

I find if there's a limit stated, I'll generally put more thought into the amount I need, but I don't usually buy more than I intended to. I suppose I might ask others if they need some if it's a good price though.
    I notice this in the Valu-Mart flyer. We usually laugh at the so called "deals" because they aren't deals at all and something I couldn't imagine buying 10 of anyway .
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information