User Tag List

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree2560Likes

Thread: June 2016 Frugal Chatter - ALL welcome!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I've thought that too, that this just seems to be a regular sale price or a little worse, and how odd to advertise a limit. It was one of the MarketPlace tactics on how stores get people to buy more like buy two get one free deals, limit six, etc.

I don't suppose any of the parents here have ever used PC diapers? @Granger? @Angela273? I feel like I've bought so many but I have no idea if they actually work. I don't regret buying the small bags that worked out to be $1.25 each but if they leak all over then I'll wish I hadn't bought any.

@Frugalbigmama: I actually heard the large boxes of diapers were selling for $5.94 in your area. Much better than the $12.44 here, even with the 4000 PC points attached.
    I haven't used PC, but have used Compliments and Kirkland. A diaper is a diaper. They all leak at some point, and all do the trick. Different brands fit different babies better. I like the fit of Pampers and the smell, they don't make my babe smell like pee.

I mainly used cloth for my first two. My third we gave it up for a variety of logical reasons...not because I didn't want to do it any more. My mom has been buying me diapers (bless her heart) and I just paid through the nose at the grocery store for Huggies. They were on sale, they were the cheapest per diaper, but I know I could do better. It was a matter of...I can buy them now and get some sort of savings and it is done OR wait for a deal, probably not make it too the store and then pay premium for poor execution.

I will be looking for some diaper deals. I did, however, save big on wipes at Costco this week so it is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    DH came home from work with a nice card and $200 in grocery gift cards so an unexpected surprise! He is off now until fall.
    A nice surprise indeed!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another sunny and bright day!!! Yesterday it was the <<St-Jean -Baptiste << so I listened a music show and saw fireworks on my balcony!!! Received my 2 trades and today I will see what I can do.MISSED 5 items I wanted on my facebook group sale,gosh it goes so fast.Wishing everyone an amazing day!!!! TGIF lol
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Busy weekend ahead, oldest DS is volunteering at Ribfest all weekend & the youngest has a Lacrosse tournament.
    I am working at home today so I did three loads of laundry after 7 last night & then I put them on the line to dry early this morning.
    I received the PC plus offer of 12500 points when you spend 125.00 and then for further torture I received the 200 points on beef. If I do decided to take advantage of it I will use FBM trick and buy a gift card with my points 1st. But most likely I will let it slide.
    Have a great Friday everyone
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DH is heading down to the bank to buy some British pounds now that it has dropped against the dollar as we leave in 2 weeks. We both expected England to remain in the EU-I guess it was a close vote. Anyway our home exchangers seem pleased with the result.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    DH is heading down to the bank to buy some British pounds now that it has dropped against the dollar as we leave in 2 weeks. We both expected England to remain in the EU-I guess it was a close vote. Anyway our home exchangers seem pleased with the result.
    We had planned to apply for the kids UK passports this summer but now DH does not think he will bother, he is not sure he will even renew his as he sees no real value in carrying both. It used to make clearing customs in the EU a lot faster. We will discuss with the boys & if they have a desire to work or study in the UK then we will apply but wait until they are closer to 17.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Was at SOF bright and early this morning for that good deal on orange juice - bought 24. There were lots but my freezer is small. I may buy more later next week and store it in my parents freezer.

We have an outside tap with issues at the moment. This should have been repaired a year ago under warranty. The plumber came out (when I wasn't home) and told the builder that there wasn't a problem with it. I called the plumber myself and explained the situation. He remembered coming out a year ago and hopefully will be able to have this repair under warranty yet since we are out of the warranty period.

It is a big deal because the frost free stem needs to be replaced and it is a longer and normal size. Plumber said we may need to have the drywall cut so I wasn't impressed. Just got a call from the plumber now stating that he thinks he found the right size but had to order it. I told him I don't care how long it takes as long as the drywall stays intact!
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I paid 10$ for this torchere lamp!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hydro is killing me, I took what we paid last year divided it by 12 and added $20 per month for the last increase and I barely have enough in the budget so yet again I am going to have to re write the budget and up the amount for Hydro.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Oh my gosh!!!! That is crazy. Mine for May was under $100 but expected because we have had the AC on and lots of electronics plugged in all the time. And a teen that watches tv late and falls asleep with tv and lights on grrrrrree
    Ciel, lilo0003 and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Over the last week I have managed to weed most of my large vegetable garden. Today I pulled a radish that was the size of a nickel.

I got a free bag of 24ct Huggies size 4 diapers from a lady on Facebook because her son reacted to them.

I bought this Little Tikes play structure for my kids and soon my daycare kids. It cost me $80 second hand, $260 new. It's more than I was hoping to spend, but I need more outside toys for kids and Little Tike play equipment sell is quickly online.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  29.2 KB

I redeemed Pampers rewards points for this water play table that sells for $84.99 on Amazon.ca. I still have a lot more points in my account because this is only the second time that I have redeemed.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 112
Size:  37.7 KB

I also ordered the follow items from Chapmans this week: 2x $4 coupon, lunch kit, puzzle, bowl and spoon set. There are still other items that I am earning points towards: more bowl and spoon sets, activity books, and little shirts. There are other prizes that I hope will return.

We we are having another garage and bake sale fundraiser tomorrow. Dh and I both want to get some room back in our shed. There is a lot waiting to be sold. I'd better post some more advertisements.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Jun 24th, 2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Angela: the nice thing is those toys also hold their value not to mention the hours of entertainment. My boys loved their sand and water table.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Cath: that is a great price for the lamp, Logan has this one and has used it for years.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm a wheeler and dealer today too. Bought DS golf clubs about 2 years ago from Kijiji for $20. He's too tall now and just sold them for $60 Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  76.4 KBName:  image.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  76.4 KB
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jun 24th, 2016 at 05:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Angela: the nice thing is those toys also hold their value not to mention the hours of entertainment. My boys loved their sand and water table.
    Those were my thoughts as well.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela great finds, I agree on the little tykes we had it for my younger siblings growing up and they stood up well even when me and my bro who were too big to play would use them or sit on them. Not a lot of things made it with all 4 of us but the little tykes did.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Angela273 great investment, so does the statement soon to be daycare kids mean that you have decided to stay home a little longer?
    Enjoy the time with the kids they grow so fast
    @cath007 lovely lamp and adjustable as well, great price. It seems you are purchasing lovely items the 2 lamps and now this light, great reward for all your hard work purging and re-organizing

I went out shopping with MIL today, I wasn't going to go but called her back and said I'll go and happy I did.

I picked up 13 packs of lean ground beeft at FreshCo $6 with $3 peelies = $3 for 450g and just in time I was down to my last pack

While at FreshCo I thought just for peace of mind I will check if the Dove shampoo/condition, soap bars and body wash sale included the Men's dove care+ and yes they did I was super surprised.

So I got 5 shampoo, 10 body wash, 8 packs (4x90g) soap bars = .99 each So I achieved my June goal of stocking up men's hygiene items.

I sent dh to SDM today to stockup on the men's dove shaving gel $3.99 - $3 face product coupon = .99 sadly they only had 6 BUT the manager gave him a raincheque for 15 more so he'll stop by Monday or Wednesday on his way home this way to maximize our points

So with all my savings I decided to pickup a new comforter for ds1 @$18.88 at WM , 2 packs (3 pairs) of ankle socks for ds1 and 2 curtain rods for the 2 French doors. S/

So I'm slowly getting caught up on items we need with my savings each shopping trip

Wishing everyone a great evening & weekend
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread Information