• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By HappyCouponSaver78
  • 2 Post By DaveP

Thread: BOSTON PIZZA - BIG birthday dissapointment

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boston Pizza used to offer a free birthday meal which changed in 2014 to a free slice of cake.

When I visited the Lasalle, QC. Boston Pizza, a very HUMORLESS manager was summoned who refused to honor my free birthday cake coupon.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE:

I emailed a complaint to Boston Pizza, received an immediate receipt confirmation email then an hour later an email asking me how I liked how they had handled my complaint?

In which I was offered the option of never returning to Boston Pizza ever again. I'd like to know from which business school the person who wrote THAT graduated.

Amazing they prefer to lose ongoing years' worth of margin over a piece of cake with a marginal cost of $0.00.
    This thread is currently associated with: Boston Pizza, Cake Beauty

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you post a copy of the email exchange?
    Davetherave likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was that location listed on the birthday cake email or did it say participating locations?
    Last edited by Poirot; Fri, Jun 3rd, 2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I ordered BP to my home years ago, upon receiving my credit card statement I was charged $330 for a $30 meal.

I called them and flipped out on the manager. His reply was " Oh, we wondered who that got charged to "

They did refund me the entire price but I`ve never been since. How shady to not even reach out to someone for that amount of cash knowing it was a mistake

Sucks you didn`t get your food. Other (better) places out there who actually offer birthday rewards

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I ordered BP to my home years ago, upon receiving my credit card statement I was charged $330 for a $30 meal.

I called them and flipped out on the manager. His reply was " Oh, we wondered who that got charged to "

They did refund me the entire price but I`ve never been since. How shady to not even reach out to someone for that amount of cash knowing it was a mistake
    Agreed... and it's not at all difficult to figure it out. obviously it was either a $30 or a $33 order... and they have the capacity to not only check the orders, but also check the time-stamp on them to see approximately which order it coincided with. The fact it was a delivery order makes it even easier to identify, and then to phone you on it. Just purely lazy.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I stopped going to our BP years ago. The service sucks, the kitchen is filthy and cooks have been caught spitting in the food.
    Davetherave likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Exactly what did the head office email say?
    Davetherave likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalks View Post
    Boston Pizza used to offer a free birthday meal which changed in 2014 to a free slice of cake.

When I visited the Lasalle, QC. Boston Pizza, a very HUMORLESS manager was summoned who refused to honor my free birthday cake coupon.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE:

I emailed a complaint to Boston Pizza, received an immediate receipt confirmation email then an hour later an email asking me how I liked how they had handled my complaint?

In which I was offered the option of never returning to Boston Pizza ever again. I'd like to know from which business school the person who wrote THAT graduated.

Amazing they prefer to lose ongoing years' worth of margin over a piece of cake with a marginal cost of $0.00.
    hunh? It looks like new business strategies include considering 'customers as your enemies'

Its the True!
    Davetherave likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh golly, that Kevin's a lot of deep poodoo!
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCouponSaver78 View Post
    oh golly, that Kevin's a lot of deep poodoo!
    Jim.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They refused a coupon for a piece of cake on your birthday??? The only thing that I can think of is that it had a location printed on it and you were at a different one. I know the BOGO coupons for a DQ Blizzard have to be used at a certain location.

Double suck for the way they didn't even handle your complaint.

Thread Information