User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By EvilTofu

Thread: Meal-Kit delivery the new Groupon?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It seems everyday there is a new Meal Kit delivery service. The US company Blue Apron is no doubt the most famous, worth billions of dollars. This trend is just picking up in Canada. Have you guys tried it?

I signed up for Chef's Plate last week, expecting its first delivery this Thursday. I paid $27.90 with the first timer discount, and there will be a $25 rebate from Caddle. That's a mere $2.90 for 2 meals for 2 people. i.e. $0.73 per serving. Of course I'm trying it!

However, it all seems like Groupon to me. These services all offer deep discount for first timer. The price anchoring effect means I'm unlikely to pay their regular price of $12 per serving. I mean with all the efforts and restrictions, I might as well just eat out. There is a new service every week, so you can pretty much just keep getting the newbie discount without establishing loyalty. It is very much like the unsustainable model of Groupon.

Well, I'm just gonna milk it while it is still good. I'll report back next week.

Have you guys tried Hello Fresh, Good Food or Chef's Plate? What's your experience?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well how was it ?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm not sure if I would try it..part of meal prep for me is buying the food and prepping it.. I love all parts of the cooking process.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Thread Information