User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By annedougherty
  • 1 Post By Cake
  • 2 Post By Grey
  • 1 Post By sirandrewr

Thread: How to use SDM Personalised Points Offer once loaded ? Any special STEPS or SEQUENCE?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Once I load the offer online on my SDM Optimum card and buy/spend the necessary stuff/money , do I do anything special in store like :

1. Do I have to tap the card twice ? Once to get the regular points and once for the bonus offers ? Or is it all automatic with one tap ?

2. Do I have to tell the cashier that I have personalised offers loaded on my card ? So maybe she/he has to press an additional button to activate the offer ? Or no need to tell.

3. Is there a sequence in which I have to present the card ? Usually I just give the card at the end after all the transactions and coupons are given.

Does it matter when the card is scanned, before or after or in between the transaction ? Is the sequence for presenting the card different for WUS $$$ offers or WUB a certain product offers ?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I think you are over thinking this a bit? lol Just scan your card. That's it. I prefer to do it at the beginning of the transaction and get it out of the way.
    Natalka and Momof3girlies like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I just give my card at the beginning of the transaction and that works for me.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Just remember to hand the Optimum card and your manufacturer coupons (if you have any) before you complete the transaction.

Last time I was at SDM I forgot about my coupons so had to do a refund/re-purchase and it made what should have been a simple "Spend $**, Get **** pts" into a complicated one, complete with email to SDM customer service.
    Thumpersmom and Momof3girlies like this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You do have to figure out which transaction needs to go first when doing multiple wus $ offers. Food & Snack (beverages) needs to go before the Candy & Snack (no beverages) offer.
    Don't include small wus $ with larger ones because you won't get the smaller points.
    VIB and other SDM coupons scan after the SDM card but before cashier hits total amount.
    Tell the cashier you have coupons at the beginning because every cashier is different.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Thread Information