User Tag List

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! It is a rainy day in here.So happy that Canada Post will not be on strike until tuesday I think i read that.Off to watch my favorite tv show and see what I do today!!! Wishing everyone a great day!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Jul 2nd, 2016 at 09:43 AM.
    Giseledta, saundyl, cally and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning everyone.
    I was up nice and early, picked enough red currents for a couple of batches of jelly. I will do that later, or tomorrow.
    hanging a coupleof loads of laundry.

plan is to get my basement today. I want to declutter it ,and sell everything we are not using.
    tonight , I will weed part of the garden.. and have a bonefire with the kids.
    saundyl, Natalka, cath007 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    So cute!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl sorry to hear about your uncle's passing but glad your grandma is now home
    @Natalka enjoy the time off with your hubby, looking to hear about your adventures
    @Granger how precious those pictures are

I am home alone with 1/2 a coconut cream pie, very dangerous

Pulled the summer clothes bin as dh is in shorts mode and I will try and put away my clothes as well. Well it appears that I have put on a few pounds since last summer perhaps it's the bacon (haha) or my new found love for sweets (stupid menopause).

Wishing everyone a great day and It appears that we will not leave any earlier than Monday or Tuesday for the cottage which is great news, however, I may get a free pass as dh needs to do a couple trailer loads of buildind supplies and with my OCD and driving there is no way I'm venturing off pulling a trailer.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD:How many years a portable computer could last ?
    Giseledta likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Home from work, yippee another day down.

I had to stop at the hardware Store, our toilet broke yesterday, had to pick up a new handle which I have now installed.

Also stopped at the store to grab a few things I needed for the manager's meeting this week. I have decided to make Copy Cat Wendy Chocolate Frosty for dessert. Also grabbed a cake mix to make some chocolate chip cookies. Will look up a few more recipes to make thinking of some no bake cookies to keep it simple.

Just going to have a cup of tea before I decide what to tackle next. Hope everyone is having a great day
    Giseledta, Natalka, cally and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Had a quote from the repair tech guy for my toshiba satellite portable computer.........i am very sad,mad and frustrated that it would cost 100$ and not warranty so i will just purchase another usaged portable as a 2 portable computer.My toshiba satellite had 6 years and cost me reusinated 280$ so no worted
    Giseledta and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lovely day here, we made a trip to Home Depot as we need tile to fix the laundry room floor but we can't seem to find the size. We also looked at fridges as ours is crap and now it's popping open. I may have convinced Dh it's time to buy a new one and relagate this one to the garage. We need more fridge space than what we have. But that is a fall budget plan as right now I want to return the laundry to its proper state. I was able to sort through more stuff and drop a few bags off at Value Village. I am also going to try and sell some of the kids books sets on a local sale site.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Well, the saga with my son's truck continues. A week ago it was broken into and the ignition destroyed and lying on the floor of the truck. Insurance had it towed to a garage - they were nearly done with it when someone siphoned most all the gas ($60 worth) out of the truck at night. Anyway, my son was so frustrated with people targeting his truck, he just traded it in at a Mazda dealership for a Toyota with low kms. He had to pay some out of pocket but this little car will save him a bundle in gas and probably a lot of headaches. Feel so bad for him - what is it with those people who loaf around without work to create all sorts of trouble for people who only try to work and do their best.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Well, the saga with my son's truck continues. A week ago it was broken into and the ignition destroyed and lying on the floor of the truck. Insurance had it towed to a garage - they were nearly done with it when someone siphoned most all the gas ($60 worth) out of the truck at night. Anyway, my son was so frustrated with people targeting his truck, he just traded it in at a Mazda dealership for a Toyota with low kms. He had to pay some out of pocket but this little car will save him a bundle in gas and probably a lot of headaches. Feel so bad for him - what is it with those people who loaf around without work to create all sorts of trouble for people who only try to work and do their best.
    that sucks BUT I'm sorry to say that Honda & Toyota are very expensive to insure because they get stolen, I would suggest putting all the bells and whistles insurance wise.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Had a quote from the repair tech guy for my toshiba satellite portable computer.........i am very sad,mad and frustrated that it would cost 100$ and not warranty so i will just purchase another usaged portable as a 2 portable computer.My toshiba satellite had 6 years and cost me reusinated 280$ so no worted
    cath make sure you get your laptops back even if you are not fixing as they have gold in their mother boards
    cath007 likes this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    that sucks BUT I'm sorry to say that Honda & Toyota are very expensive to insure because they get stolen, I would suggest putting all the bells and whistles insurance wise.
    Yes, he put on very good insurance and it really wasn't that bad. Maybe our rates here in BC are better than where you are? Not sure how the rating system works.
    cath007 and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    cath make sure you get your laptops back even if you are not fixing as they have gold in their mother boards
    yes,i will
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Now I will have to install the wifi routard and printer on my asus laptop.Just talked with my guy tech and for another computer a big old one not portable like a 2000 one He will put my data and pictures on usb thing in exchange for no fees i will give it to him for the pieces,i planned first to go to the eco center but it changed..very happy camper to have the holliday pictures of my dead beloved brother Wishing everyone a great evening!!!!
    coupon girl likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Found a lots of change while doing cleaning of my appart.

Exchanged my change at maxi in a machine my grand total is 125$ .it was on masons jars.that paid for the lamps and extras deco i will purchase for my new bedroom.I am an happy camper!!!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information