User Tag List

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1797Likes

Thread: July 2016 Frugal Chatter - all welcome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, all!

It was a no shopping weekend, so yay!
    Not much to pick up this week, mostly essentials, so it will be a frugal shopping week for sure.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I hope you get some extra sleep tonight. Perhaps you saved a life. I would have done the same thing and felt the same way. It bother's me when I pay for other's choices. I don't mind "paying" when it is unpreventable or my choice.

A virtual hug for fond memories.

My sister's wedding went well. I am tired. The events since Thur. seemed like a marathon. I love her. I am happy for her. Glad it is done!!! My time and resources just freed! ... although working may be a monkey wrench come September.

I had a message from Crochetlady's niece left yesterday (wedding day). I left it until today to check, because I was concerned the news was bad and it would upset me when I wanted to be there for my sister. Verna is still with us, but her time is coming near. I have called Verna personally and left a message as her niece said it would mean a lot at this time. We are clearly important to her. Her niece is keeping me in the loop.
    @Granger thank you for keeping us in the loop with Verna's condition. Is she in the hospital or at home with regards to the message? So sad

On a happier note I am glad the wedding went well and you get some free time back.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ Avoncallingu I was surprised that my truck smelled fine this morning. I left the cleaning supplies in my truck in case it needed a quick extra cleaning. Due to the recent flooding I had some different cleaning supplies than what I usually have on hand.
    If you find a lingering smell they sell charcoal foams for vehicles BUT glad it smelled fine this am. Very kind of you

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

The boys left this am with the inlaws for a last minute vacation to Toronto (zoo), they will be gone 2 nights. So we are temporarily empty nesters.

I have my appointment this am AND need to get to envelopes weighed at the post office at there are $500 in medical receipts and I definitely need the funds for the vet bills and others.

WIshing everyone a great day.
    @cath007 lovely flowers

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I am going to Fortino's for my corn too. I have a PC Plus offer of 200 points for every dollar spent. Steak & corn for dinner tonight. Yum.
    I definitely went overboard buying corn as I spent nearly $4. I also had an offer of 200 points/$, as well as 800 points per box of blueberries. I think I bought seven boxes, but LO was running amuck in the store. She didn't want to help me shuck the corn, but ran about putting anything into the cart she could grab her hands on, pushed some of the bread back into the shelving (I made sure she was gentle), and made two potty trips to the other end of the store, one after the other. We were almost an hour longer than I had intended to be out. At least she hasn't begun asking for things yet, but at places like WM, she will ask for things to hold and not open until we reach checkout. Once, she even ran off when I told her to stay close to the cart. I have no idea how parents of multiples do it. Perhaps we need more practice. Poor Fortinos. I allow her to come out of the cart in small stores.

@Angela273: I agree with Granger. We never know what would have happened had we taken the "path less travelled". We might all be reading about a missing girl in the paper if it weren't for you. Or maybe not. Maybe she'd be another statistic, suffering with a dark secret that never goes reported. Or maybe the DD would have taken her home safely. But you got her home safely, and your car doesn't smell the next day. I'm positive that means you did the right thing.

@Granger: Great news about the wedding, sad news about Crochetlady. Very sad indeed.

@cath007: That's a beautiful geranium. I think it's prettier than the red ones I've seen everywhere!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Monday!! 2 Work days for me this week then I'm off till next Tuesday. Have to plan what days I will take off in August! Now that some of DS's summer sports are coming to an end we can plan to go away etc.
    Lots of leftovers in the fridge for lunches the next few days. So will make it easy to just heat up and eat.
    Dinner tonight- My wonderful man is planning/making it so it will be a surprise but very good I am sure!

I sorted the freebies I received in the garage and will post for sale in the next few days.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-gonna hang a load on line
    -I am going to my sister-in-law's at 1.00 p.m cause we are going to the funeral home -I only own 2 summer dresses -one I don't care for anymore looks too young-and don't want to wear the new one as I wore it to the hospital last week-so I have dressy capris black and one of 2 tops(dressy) wow I need more clothing -just pulled 5 items from my closet -have to find a day to thrift shop

-wish I fit into a few from my daughter (she gave me to sell)-she told me mom if anything fits you and you like it keep it -nice office dresses but alas she is a size 12
    -I am a 14/16 dress size

-I guess I don't have the clothing as I wore a uniform for years in my job and trying to pay down our mortgage-then line of credit -I never spent much on myself in clothing always the kids /teens then university /college age -they always needed something -oh well at least I got the nice dress from sears 2 weeks ago
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Jul 25th, 2016 at 11:29 AM.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    -gonna hang a load on line
    -I am going to my sister-in-law's at 1.00 p.m cause we are going to the funeral home -I only own 2 summer dresses -one I don't care for anymore looks too young-and don't want to wear the new one as I wore it to the hospital last week-so I have dressy capris black and one of 2 tops(dressy) wow I need more clothing -just pulled 5 items from my closet -have to find a day to thrift shop

-I guess I don't have the clothing as I wore a uniform for years in my job and trying to pay down our mortgage-then line of credit -I never spent much on myself in clothing always the kids /teens then university /college age -they always needed something -oh well at least I got the nice dress from sears 2 weeks ago
    Maternity clothing has made me realize I can get away with pretty much with less than ten outfits all year and no one will notice or say anything. I just have to really like those ten outfits. Actually, with maternity clothes, I really have no say. I borrow it and if it fits my body, I'm wearing it. Kate Middleton, I am not.

On Saturday, I went to the Gap for the first time since I moved from Toronto. I guess that was almost 10 years ago. Oh, the colours, the sale signs! It was an outlet store and they had mens, womens, teens, children's, babies, and maternity clothes. In the past few years and two pregnancies, I've been particularly immune to clothing stores unless they have a very flexible waistband or have the capacity to fit me as a giant tent. Even then, there's no time to shop as I've either been on the feeding clock or it's been too long since I've been away from home because I have to grocery shop as well.

This one time, I made a special trip a half hour away to exchange a sweater. My 2-year-old, soon to be 3 needs a size 5 or more. I was so proud when I walked out with a straight exchange (no gift receipt), but I will call in to see if the other colours get reduced soon. Whomever thought of making clothing for kids in "polar white" does not have kids!

I wish people would include gift receipts if they give gifts. LO got a size 2 skirt for her birthday. If she tries to get it on her body, something will rip. Back to the mall on the weekend!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Besides grocery shopping this weekend for a party, I did two loads of laundry (LO created the second one for me by showing me how ineffective Pampers are overnight twice), baked two rounds of cupcakes, exchanged her sweater, took LO shopping (that was an entire morning and not because of the shopping!), and spent all Sunday in the company of others with the exception of her afternoon nap. Phew!

Time to do our own household laundry in the next few days!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

The boys are off with the inlaws until late Wednesday, I'm thinking perhaps a treat for dh & I would be nice while the boys are away. We'll see, dh always says I can do without take out, I think he doesn't consider Tim Horton's takeout because he often gets their ice caps (haha).

Wishing everyone a great day.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I called Verna yesterday and we spoke.

She is in hospital. It is her liver and she took a turn for the worse around January. She was my buddy on the Halloween package train last year and that sealed the deal on our online friendship.

She has lost much of her vision which is why she cannot chat with us any longer and sends her best and says, "She misses chatting with the gals."

She does not seem at peace with things. I listened the best I knew how. I shared with her the hope I have in what I believe. I do not wish for people to share my beliefs by anything but their choice. I prayed with her over the phone for a miracle and spiritual peace. I hope to call again.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @ Avoncallingu I was surprised that my truck smelled fine this morning. I left the cleaning supplies in my truck in case it needed a quick extra cleaning. Due to the recent flooding I had some different cleaning supplies than what I usually have on hand.
    It's great that the smell dissipated!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

She is in hospital. It is her liver and she took a turn for the worse around January. She was my buddy on the Halloween package train last year and that sealed the deal on our online friendship.

She has lost much of her vision which is why she cannot chat with us any longer and sends her best and says, "She misses chatting with the gals."

She does not seem at peace with things. I listened the best I knew how. I shared with her the hope I have in what I believe. I do not wish for people to share my beliefs by anything but their choice. I prayed with her over the phone for a miracle and spiritual peace. I hope to call again.
    Oh Granger! I'm sorry to hear about Verna. Thank-you for being such a good friend to her! If we had her address at the hospital, perhaps we could send a card. I'm not sure if she would be ok with this. Perhaps if you call again, you might ask her.
    Thanks again! And thank-you for your prayers.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Granger: thank you for connecting with Crochet lady and keeping us informed. I hope she found comfort in your words and expression of prayer and peace.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Bless you for being so kind and thoughtful. My prayers are with her and her family.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information