• 1 Post By coupon girl
  • 5 Post By missmaggs
  • 1 Post By redhdlois
  • 1 Post By HappyCouponSaver78

Thread: It does not cost a lot to make someone's day better

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Please post your suggestions (if this is permitted)

Today,

i thanked a policeman for the work he does for us each day.

gave some of my free cucumbers to the lady behind me at the grocery store and gave her my email if she wishes to learn how to coupon

Gave some of my almost-free nestle frozen treats to the men who were working outside with asphalt..one man ran from his truck to get one.

Suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I always try to leave something for the person behind me in line since with coupons + price matching it probably take extra time and I thank them for waiting.

Use my Danone code and get $5 extra in coupons: BTFA6C8W
    Try out Caddle today and earn cash back for your engagement, feedback, and purchases!
    https://caddle.ca/signup/referral/57125aee8209c

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by immac2947 View Post
    Please post your suggestions (if this is permitted)

Today,

i thanked a policeman for the work he does for us each day.

gave some of my free cucumbers to the lady behind me at the grocery store and gave her my email if she wishes to learn how to coupon

Gave some of my almost-free nestle frozen treats to the men who were working outside with asphalt..one man ran from his truck to get one.

Suggestions?
    Way to go!

Now...free cucumbers and near free nestle...details please

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    sweetmomma, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Even more basic -
    A genuine smile or compliment can literally make someone's day - especially for those working with the public.
    CADDLE APP REFERRAL LINK: http://dev.caddle.ca/signup/referral/565f84b25049b

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Being patient with the frazzled mom of two boys in line trying to checkout and show the cashier her coupons and price Matches while arguing with her toddler about kinder eggs, and wrestling her one year old who won't stop standing in he cart that would be me. And I try very hard to be as organized and quick as possible at checkout. But my kids are hellions. And to be honest, I go out shopping with them because I can't handle being at home with them ransacking the house and fighting. So it's my "relaxing mom time" which is a joke! Lol but then when people get frustrated with me, it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. It's sad how many people either don't appreciate the time they get to do basic things away from their kids, or how quickly older people forget how difficult life is in this stage of your life. So all I ask is shoe patience and empathy to the moms and dads struggling in the store. <3 a simple "oh this stage is rough isn't it?" Can help too lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Being patient with the frazzled mom of two boys in line trying to checkout and show the cashier her coupons and price Matches while arguing with her toddler about kinder eggs, and wrestling her one year old who won't stop standing in he cart that would be me. And I try very hard to be as organized and quick as possible at checkout. But my kids are hellions. And to be honest, I go out shopping with them because I can't handle being at home with them ransacking the house and fighting. So it's my "relaxing mom time" which is a joke! Lol but then when people get frustrated with me, it makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry. It's sad how many people either don't appreciate the time they get to do basic things away from their kids, or how quickly older people forget how difficult life is in this stage of your life. So all I ask is shoe patience and empathy to the moms and dads struggling in the store. <3 a simple "oh this stage is rough isn't it?" Can help too lol!

I remember having one of those days with my two under 2 years. I thought about leaving in the middle of grocery shopping with my kids crying and screaming but needed the groceries so bad as I didn't have time to shop working 60 hrs / week as a single mother, couldn't afford to leave them with someone and had no family to help. As the cashier was ringing through my large 'once a month grocery shop' an older lady who I'm sure could see the steam rising from my ears asked if she could help by packing my groceries for me. I am a control freak and the thought of someone packing my groceries wrong made me cringe but I needed the help and so I accepted and tried to hide my tears. I never forgot the kindness of that woman and now whenever I see another mom with small children screaming and crying I will sometimes ask if I can help by packing their groceries for them. Most say no but the odd one that really needs the help like I did will say yes.
    Angela273, SFARAZ, samm07 and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theexxx View Post
    I remember having one of those days with my two under 2 years. I thought about leaving in the middle of grocery shopping with my kids crying and screaming but needed the groceries so bad as I didn't have time to shop working 60 hrs / week as a single mother, couldn't afford to leave them with someone and had no family to help. As the cashier was ringing through my large 'once a month grocery shop' an older lady who I'm sure could see the steam rising from my ears asked if she could help by packing my groceries for me. I am a control freak and the thought of someone packing my groceries wrong made me cringe but I needed the help and so I accepted and tried to hide my tears. I never forgot the kindness of that woman and now whenever I see another mom with small children screaming and crying I will sometimes ask if I can help by packing their groceries for them. Most say no but the odd one that really needs the help like I did will say yes.
    I love when the cashiers or customers behind me talk to my kids and entertain them. Lol my kids love it too. They love people. And it gives me a second to regroup my thoughts!

Or I bribe them with chocolate. And I feel like such a failure and like I'm being judged. But it works. And whatever lol.

I'm glad that lady helped you! I once saw a man in a wheel chair trying to get over a small bump in the side walk. Just enough he couldn't, so I asked if he needed some help. He sort of mumbled and I said here just let me help you over the bump. And I did. And he thanked me. And it was like he'd never been offered help before. Like he was clearly struggling. It wasn't bothering me to help him at all. I've also had someone help me carry my bags at dollarama because I had both kids trying to carry everything. That was really nice.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Nice thread idea!

Restaurant added automatic a tip to my receipt, I tipped the guy a bit more anyway . Hard to be on your feet all day
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jul 21st, 2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My son is now almost 6. A few years ago I had gone shopping and was arriving back home with a crying and hungry infant in his car carrier, trying to bring the groceries in and all this in a snow storm. At that moment, my FedEx guy drove up, jumped out and brought my groceries in and shoveled my walkway. I was in tears thanking him. My husband travels a lot and I was alone with a cranky baby a lot and had reached the end of my rope.

All this to say that I really try to help other mothers. Many times, hearing that you are not the only one going through this, helps.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-okay great thread
    -yesterday my son age 31 came over and dug some sod out of my front edge near our new cement trim and driveway -have to get it ready for fall as neighbour will give me some day lillies-I told my son its too hot here -nope he still came -I would have never gotten it done in the 1 hour he took (older and on high blood pressure pills)

-today I gave the garbage men -the driver and worker 2 bottles of water as its insane out there today -soooo humid -they thanked me

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Giving your garbage & recycling drivers a cool drink is truly a kindness. Thank you.

I used to work at landfill sites and on many occasions I had drivers get to the site and then collapse from heat exhaustion. I always dreaded the hot days because I knew what to expect. In winter I've seen drivers lose toes and fingers to frost bite. This is because the managers don't understand how grueling the job really is, especially in bad weather, and the drivers are always under threat of discipline or job loss if they don't do the job fast enough.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you -I just thought it would be a nice thing for them to have a bottle of water -it was 40degrees out today -my daughter worked in landscaping years ago when she was in university the odd person would ask her if she would like a water too
    sweetmomma likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been leaving a cooler with ice packs and two bottles of water for my mailman for a few weeks now. Today he took both bottles. It was a scorcher!

I didn't think about the garbage man. I will leave them a note on our recycling bin and leave some extra bottles for them and the postal workers to share this week. It's going to be a hot one from what I hear

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Love reading these stories !! I always try to do little acts of kindness.....it makes me feel good to help or do something nice.

It doesn't require money to be thoughtful and kind to others.......
    Last edited by redhdlois; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2016 at 08:51 PM.
    cath007 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to DWES and gave out tea sachets and beauty samples to these needy women and they thanked me
    immac2947 likes this.

Thread Information