User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: QOTD: Are you playing Pokémon Go? Your friends/coworkers/neighbours?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

We went to the library today to beat the heat and use their internet.
    Before we could get in the door, we almost ran into a guy on his bike, using his phone. He was looking for
    Pokémon.

Are you playing Pokémon Go?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jul 24th, 2016 at 08:03 PM.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Not me, I don't even have a cell phone, let alone a smart phone.

My son is over now, and said that he gave it a try a few times - but doesn't see himself really getting into it - he's 24.

One of my nephews, who has a son who is six I think, said they went out to try it, and won't be doing it again. They do geocaching, and find that more fun and more productive.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

No. But apparently there are pokemon in the area. DH came in from the garden shaking his head.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

It does not work on Samsung Galaxy 4

Cannot express my sadness on this! :p
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am! Not as much as some other people, but I did go out in search of a Charmeleon on Saturday that resulted in a 4ish KM walk around the block. I liked my walk, I haven't done that in a long time. I think I'll go again! Eventually once the Pokemon thing peters out I'll hopefully have built a routine on walking that I can add to and get in better shape.

I just really have to get outside more and if this is my way to get myself doing that, I'm happy!
    Ciel, lecale, MrsMer and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

No interest whatsoever.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

downloaded the app last week, apparently there are 3 pokemons around my place but have not gone out to catch them yet, too busy with my 6 months old. My hubby doesn't think it's a good game for me since i already walk into things on my own so i don't need any help from playing pokemon go! LOL
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Play Pokemon Go? I think I'd rather watch paint dry.
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    I am! Not as much as some other people, but I did go out in search of a Charmeleon on Saturday that resulted in a 4ish KM walk around the block. I liked my walk, I haven't done that in a long time. I think I'll go again! Eventually once the Pokemon thing peters out I'll hopefully have built a routine on walking that I can add to and get in better shape.

I just really have to get outside more and if this is my way to get myself doing that, I'm happy!
    4 km walk is awesome
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    downloaded the app last week, apparently there are 3 pokemons around my place but have not gone out to catch them yet, too busy with my 6 months old. My hubby doesn't think it's a good game for me since i already walk into things on my own so i don't need any help from playing pokemon go! LOL
    yes, a 6 month old does keep one busy
    Purdee and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am playing. I used to play this game when I was younger. The other day there was about 50 people outside my building trying to grab a rare one, and they all disappeared after about 4 minutes or so. Doesn't bother me, keeps them out of trouble. I already walk 5 km or so to work and we walk a lot more every summer anyway (stop when the weather goes to crap) so it's a fun little addition to our nightly strolls we're doing anyway

I don't understand why people are staring at their screen and bumping into things/people because you can just keep the app open in your hands as you walk and it will vibrate when one appears...
    Natalka, Purdee, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SO and I do play it a bit together, but we were gamers before it came out and this is the only game we have found that will actually let us play together (in a way). Plus it has us going out and exploring new areas we wouldn't have necessarily gone to otherwise, and meeting other people playing the game out and about; instead of just sitting on the balcony or watching Netflix all evening.

I think it's doing some great things for people (so many stories coming out about people with anxiety or autism finding it therapeutic; giving people who have been inactive for years a push to make better changes in their lifestyle) and the community at large (you can't throw a stick without finding stories about large groups of players going out to pick up trash while playing, or taking shelter dogs for walks while hatching eggs, or small businesses getting a significant sales boost by having Pokestops or gyms at their location). I myself have walked about 100km since it has come out, and my health app has stopped being so disappointed in me on a daily basis. I think that Chantel is right in that it will create some good habits for people once the novelty of it has worn off.
    Ciel, seylz_gurl, lecale and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The sooner this thing jumps the shark the better. It is nice that people are actually coming out of mommy and daddies basement, but head down staring at a phone isn't quite there yet.

I see hoards of people AT work wandering around outside when they should be working!!!

I'll be glad when pokemon go, does just that GOES!

Quote Originally Posted by Wandress433 View Post
    SO and I do play it a bit together, but we were gamers before it came out and this is the only game we have found that will actually let us play together (in a way). Plus it has us going out and exploring new areas we wouldn't have necessarily gone to otherwise, and meeting other people playing the game out and about; instead of just sitting on the balcony or watching Netflix all evening.

I think it's doing some great things for people (so many stories coming out about people with anxiety or autism finding it therapeutic; giving people who have been inactive for years a push to make better changes in their lifestyle) and the community at large (you can't throw a stick without finding stories about large groups of players going out to pick up trash while playing, or taking shelter dogs for walks while hatching eggs, or small businesses getting a significant sales boost by having Pokestops or gyms at their location). I myself have walked about 100km since it has come out, and my health app has stopped being so disappointed in me on a daily basis. I think that Chantel is right in that it will create some good habits for people once the novelty of it has worn off.
    Ciel, walkonby, Shwa Girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I assure you I don't live in mommy and daddy's basement and I have a full time job and those people you are seeing are entitled to coffee breaks by law, right?

You don't actually have to be staring at your phone to play it, which is why I don't understand the people who do. All you have to do is leave the app open in your hand and it will vibrate if one appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    The sooner this thing jumps the shark the better. It is nice that people are actually coming out of mommy and daddies basement, but head down staring at a phone isn't quite there yet.

I see hoards of people AT work wandering around outside when they should be working!!!

I'll be glad when pokemon go, does just that GOES!
    Ciel and Darth Penguin like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, I'm playing, been playing since the first day it came out. My wife and I play together after work, good bonding time. Bonus is that we get some exercise too! Usually, we go out for 2-3 hours every night when the hype was there.

It's died down a bit, we just play casually though, after we both hit level 25, it's extremely difficult to level up now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information