• 3 Post By barbis9
  • 4 Post By sweet sparrow
  • 3 Post By Aquaria
  • 1 Post By Poirot

Thread: Walmart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

To everyone who shops at Walmart.....a warning.

I have noticed on several occasions females opening up jars, tubes, packages in the health and beauty section and dipping their fingers in products, smelling them, testing them and returning them back on the shelf. No sign of any Walmart employees. This has happened in several different locations and some stores put the damaged, visibly used products back on the shelf...icky!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    ROMEO, mulock, dededi and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Unfortunately, that happens at every store. :-( Even when I buy produce, I'm tempted to ask the people that taste before buying if I should buy the green or red grapes.

There was one old co-worker I had about a decade ago that told me he and his entire family opened ice cream, stick their finger in it, and taste it before buying! If they didn't like it, it went back on the shelf. Or if they did like it, they might reach for a new package anyways. It freaked everyone in the lunch room that day to check their ice cream before buying. I hoped he was joking, but then, maybe he wasn't.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Unfortunately, that happens at every store. :-( Even when I buy produce, I'm tempted to ask the people that taste before buying if I should buy the green or red grapes.

There was one old co-worker I had about a decade ago that told me he and his entire family opened ice cream, stick their finger in it, and taste it before buying! If they didn't like it, it went back on the shelf. Or if they did like it, they might reach for a new package anyways. It freaked everyone in the lunch room that day to check their ice cream before buying. I hoped he was joking, but then, maybe he wasn't.
    Yes while it does happen in most stores I noticed Walmart is worse because of lack of staff. I have seen employees approach customers at Shoppers Drug Mart.

As for the grapes.... I am guilty...I once bought a huge package of them and they were so sour that I threw them out....so I always will try one out and if they are sweet I will buy lots.

The ice cream story has creeped me out.....wow.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    As for the grapes.... I am guilty...I once bought a huge package of them and they were so sour that I threw them out....so I always will try one out and if they are sweet I will buy lots.

The ice cream story has creeped me out.....wow.
    I know why people do it. Grapes are expensive. I happen to have an "out". My DH loves sour grapes so I just pack them all away in his lunch. I just might want to know so I know how much to buy for myself and LO. As long as you're not that lady who ate the grapes, then spit it out and put it back in the bag she got it from. That one *really* horrified me beyond words. I just looked at her like this:

I still check my ice cream if it doesn't have a safety seal. I can't imagine explaining why I'm returning ice cream with a fingerprint in it or trying to convince the store that it's not mine.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG i love ice cream. but i haven't bought ice cream tubs from walmart before. I open nivea, glysomed, etc to check that the seal are still there. I open the orange juice to check seal, but never open to test the product etc. it's just horrible. i hope they stop because it's a rude and awful thing to do.

do ice cream even have a seal? i only buy the Hime brand recently and there's no seal. it's just the cover.
    Last edited by Aquaria; Mon, Jul 25th, 2016 at 09:45 PM.
    barbis9, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    OMG i love ice cream. but i haven't bought ice cream tubs from walmart before. I open nivea, glysomed, etc to check that the seal are still there. I open the orange juice to check seal, but never open to test the product etc. it's just horrible. i hope they stop because it's a rude and awful thing to do.

do ice cream even have a seal? i only buy the Hime brand recently and there's no seal. it's just the cover.
    Chapman 2L is wrapped in plastic.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I only by Chapman's - all of them have some sort of safety seal on them.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We get Chapmans all the time, almost exclusively, but it doesn't carry any of the flavours that Hime makes. I do succumb to Hime once in a blue moon, when the 1 L container dips slightly below $4. Apart from the homemade ice cream I've tried at a restaurant, it's the best manufactured version.

I may be wrong, but I think Mr. Ice Cream Taster and his large extended family may be culturally averse to buying the flavours that Hime makes. Still, I'll probably check the next Hime carton I buy.

One thing that does make me sad about Chapmans is that they got rid of the plastic tubs for their large products. I used to be able to reuse them but now they go straight to the recycling bin.

Thread Information