User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Andit , I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My deepest sympathies.

I received my replacement umbrella today from the company that I had a harrowing drive to for drop-off. (Nothing quite like looking for a four digit address on an 80 km/hr road and a small two-lane driveway!) My former umbrella was a favourite. Super-light, my favourite colour, and one button to open AND close! It was perfect for those lines to get on and off transit, and so fantastically manageable for maneuvering a stroller during a downpour.

That's the part I'll miss the most. It was total convenience for being caught in the rain, pushing a stroller, while carrying an extra bag, bottle, or whatever toy LO wanted to pass me at the worst time.

My replacement umbrella, while nice, has no open/close button. I'm super disappointed as I'm sure I paid extra for the feature, and the "lifetime warranty". I suppose on the bright side, it now has no mechanism to break.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Stopped at RCSS on my way back to work to grab sour cream ($1.48 less 50 cent coupon).

Lady in front of me had 2 baskets of peaches she was paying $3.99 for. Tried to offer her my flyer to price match. She didn't understand and was brushing me off lol. Oh well

Dinner tonight is homemade burgers on the bbq. Lean beef and pork was taken out of the freezer (free with PC points) Buns picked up at SDM last night ($2.99 less $2 manager sticker- they expire Sat August 6th!) Peas and cucumbers from the garden. And whatever else I find.

Some of the beef will be fried up for nachos this weekend. Have the sour cream, tostitos, cheese, green onion from garden, peppers etc.

I am really going to try and plan our meals better and use what is on hand/sale/clearance items found. We need to really clean out the cupboards and use stuff up.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well got the 1 and 2 year old to nap. Everyone else is having quiet time and is getting to watch Rescue Bots for an hour. The three that aren't mine are getting used to my house rules, so they are much easier to watch than previously. Having fun. Day is not dragging.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

On the road again. Off to surprise mil. And then sunday we will be home. Monday I'll be back to work.

Bf is driving. I've been knitting and reading the new harry potter book (i splurged and bought a copy). Started it this morning
    ..will probably be done by the time our drive today is done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit my sincere sympathies on the loss of your dear mom
    @Angela273 hard to believe the twins are 1 alredy
    @Granger and Josie is already 1 already as well
    @avoncallingu hope the move went smoothly
    @saundyl wishing you a wonderful time visiting your MIL

We got back Wednesday afternoon but it seems like 2 hours ago (haha).

1 hour after we arrived my parents pulled in the driveway, I was a little frazzled as I had nothing ready for supper. We made corn on the cob and sandwiches.

Then my mom & MIl took the boys to the waterpark yesterday. I don't know why my mom insisted on taking them, well I know why but anyways she only has 30% of her heart functioning and the boys took turns pushing her in a wheel chair.

My dad wants me to go over for a few days so that I can be shown where all the insurance papers, wills etc are. I really don't want to be the person responsible for doing this when the time comes. I think I will discuss with my mom and get her to inquire as to whether or not this is something the notary could do when the time comes as this is not something that I think I can personally be responsible for doing with my health issues.

My nieces wedding in on Aug. 14th and we are making them a homemade gift, dh has sawn up the lumber for the table, so he needs to get cracking as time is ticking.

Nothing new here, just been posting items for sale as they are picked up.

Wishing everyone a great day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Welcome back J & C.
    Not much frugal happening here, but then no spending really.. We are having a dinner party Friday and I suspect that will cost a bit. But the friendship and socialization is worth it.
    I have been working away at my purging and have loads of books listed for sale but no takers. I will bump the adds at the end of the month. I do have some back to school clothes that I may list as it does not suit any of the boys we normally give stuff to. I want to do one more drop off at value village as my card is almost full and I always give it to my aunt when she comes to visit and that is soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@jasperandchar - hope your time away was great. Tough stuff to deal with parents getting older - will your mom be getting something done for her heart?

Shopping today for bread; at Co-opused raincheck for frozen lemongrass and garlic shrimp 340g 2/$9 from a few weeks ago, the same ones are in the flyer this week for $8, in next week's flyer for $10. Got a raincheck for chickens 4.39/kg - as did so many other people today, the cashier said.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome back jasper
    -son popped in today -I caught the tail end of his visit -but still got a hug and kiss on the cheek
    -he asked us if we want to have ashlyn sleep over at our house on aug 13-her first sleep over -he will bring the bedrail -cant wait ahhhhh-will have to childproof the spare room of a few items (no dressers are in there just a bed and nightstand and vacuum )
    -daughter asked us to their place sat with hubby's brother and his wife for a bbq-cant wait to see her haven't seen her since middle of july (at my daughter's workplace they had a small gathering today)decorated the room in Italian music ,pictures of of italy because she found out in Italy she was pregnant when they were on their trip -lol she got a 160 gift card for the bay which was very nice of them
    -didn't do much today other than pop over to shoppers -too hot -Friday humidex will be really high
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello folks! Just dropping in. Had the Bell Fibe connected today so I can get back on the internet again.
    Yesterday was THE DAY FROM HELL! sorry to say. The company we hired came with a truck from London and not all of our furniture/boxes fit in it. I left early to get to London and get the key and missed this "emergency" event! DH was ABSOLUTELY exhausted - heat warning - new owners chomping at the bit to get in and nowhere to put the stuff that was left.

I told him to go ask a neighbour who doesn't use their garage if we could temporarily store the rest there - when they left, DH couldn't get the door to the garage closed and the owner had gone golfing.

Another neighbour helped solve that one as DH had to get going to get here.

The first part of the move ended at 1:30 this morning. I had such pain in my legs and back and feet that I couldn't sleep -

Tomorrow we have to go back to Chatham to sort out what's left and the rest we will bring back via the same company on Saturday.

The great news is: this place is LOVELY! Very nice neighbours - but I've done a real number on my back!

Hoping to get some sleep tonight!

Sorry I haven't caught up with reading.

Granger - are you taking on home day-care instead of going back to work? Good luck with your enterprise if that's the case.

Must go - good first week of August to all and I'll chat later!
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon rest that back, and remember you don't have to get everything put away all at once. You can 'camp'....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Happy first day of the Olympics!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ Avoncallingu I'm the one who has opened a home daycare. It just doesn't make financial sense for me to head back to work right now because I do not have a full-time teaching contract. My daycare bill would be about $2,000/month and I likely wouldn't clear that amount some months while being a substitute teacher. I have 3 brothers who are attending my daycare full-time. They are pretty good kids and enjoy raiding from my organic vegetable garden when we are outside playing. My son is having some trouble adjusting to having other kids around all day that he has to share with. They all enjoy playing together.

I'm hoping that the rest of your move goes smoothly. Take care of your back and your Dh.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! Another hot humid day here too. Working today so once the day is over will get dinner ready and then we will take DS for a drive to the arcade this evening. Maybe big brother will want to join us if he is home. Mama's paying lol

Hope to get lots done around the house this weekend but enjoy a walk with my friend and hit the beach as well for a swim.

Just updated my budget and paid my mastercard for the few groceries I bought this week. It will have a .01 cent credit lol. Will take a better look at the flyers in the morning over coffee and plan the shopping. We have a few meal plans for this weekend, nachos with ceaser salad (just need to buy the romaine lettuce) and ribs and corn on the cob and fries. (just need to buy the corn!) So shouldn't need to much else.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'll be taking our big boy with me this evening when I go to redeem my one day BOGO coupons. Sobeys didn't have the special free cereals when I was there on Tuesday. I refused to take our son shopping with me back on Tuesday. I still want to see the flyers before I go shopping today. Sobeys still have 15AM bonus wub2 4L jugs of Lucerne milk, but we don't need more milk just yet. These daycare boys don't really like milk.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well humidex of 39 here today -ugggg at 7.30 was up with hubby and climbed the ladder to clean the eavestrough as when it rained last I could tell it didn't go thru good -got the stuff out
    -did a load last night hung it out and second load before 7.00 a.m just hung that load out -it was exhausting just hanging it out
    -in for the day now -I may not even go out at all even for the free cereal cpn

-avon glad you like the neighbours (that is important cause ours are not ideal -after the episode we had with the one neighbour this summer -but both neighbours have gone to their cottages and its sooo nice in our backyard on the deck -even went out in my jammies this morning to have a tea with hubby
    -avon take it easy on your back -who cares when you get the house arranged and unpacked -its sooo hot here in southern Ontario
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information