User Tag List

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1943Likes

Thread: August 2016 Frugal Chatter thread - ALL WELCOME!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Eggs over easy with rye toast for breakfast. Now to pack for our night away. Free hotel and free meals!! Will be nice to have a pool swim for a change to sand in our swimsuits. ( but gotta love the sand!). Cleaning up the house before we go. Off to take the dog for a walk now. Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Natalka, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Does anyone happen to know if you can join the Similac club for a second birth?

Can you still use Canadian Tire money? I found $0.10 CT money on my walk home yesterday as well as $1 in a shopping cart.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yes and yes!

They still have the CT money for charity at the storefront of ours.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and dededi like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hung a load out
    -yeah just sold a clutch that was my mom's 9.00 in my pocket and a book for my daughter 4.00
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh, correction, I think I meant to ask about the Nestle club.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Morning! Eggs over easy with rye toast for breakfast.
    Oh goodness, I miss my eggs over easy....

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Do any of you have a favourite car seat? We will be buying 4 car seats at the same time because we keep at seats in both of our vehicles. The Amazon sale ends tonight.
    @Angela273 : Were you looking for infant seats or the child seats? We had about four basket seats and I liked the Safety First model we had. It was super light compared to the others and so easy to wash. The Peg Perabo was like a tank in comparison. It's definitely the heaviest, but had a good safety rating. What I didn't like about it (besides the fact that it was hard to move after baby is about 15 pounds) was that it was a super pain to wash! There are so many loops and latches and it had at least two separate pads! The straps were difficult to put together, and even the canopy had plastic supports that were not easy to assemble again.

We also had a EvenFlo Titan that was a spare and a Baby Trend Brianna as a spare. I didn't like how the Titan took up so much space and was not movable as an infant seat.

Right now, we have the Diono Rainer, which is supposed to seat up to 110 lbs and can be made to sit rear facing beyond the infant years. I like that it's narrow too, and supposedly, you can fit three side by side in the backseat of a Toyota Yaris. I tried it out in the store. You can actually fit a small adult in there, but it's not comfortable. It also has a longer expiry date and an aluminum frame which makes it massively heavy. Not the one you want to move from car to car. The Diono is definitely not a good rear facing seat if you have a small car because the back is extremely high and straight. It's probably best for minivans and SUVs for infants.

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    My last pregnancy I read an article about the actual risks of the food restrictions. They are quite low. I know about delaying honey for children less than a year (due to botulism risks). Honey was never on my lists of restrictions for any pregnancy from any care provider. I know I ate it all three pregnancies. I make a salad dressing with honey and I would take a teaspoon for coughs since I couldn't have other medications. I was very strict with my first two pregnancies. Much more lax with my third, but had honey for all three. After reading the article, I realized anything pasteurized is fine (like soft cheeses) and I choose to eat lunch meat because the cases upon which the cautions were based were a negligible percentage.

I just Googled the Sketcher sale you mentioned. I would have loved to check something like that out when I did not have three kids in tow. As there are no prices advertised, I would be hesitant to make the long drive for the same deal I could get at The Shoe Company. lol. Our Shoe Company store has layers of reduction stickers for clearance so you know how good of a deal you are getting and how long the items have been around the store. I also like the rewards program. The shoes I bought this time were Sketchers. I paid $30 for about $50 shoes. They were on sale, not clearance, this time. I love clearance buys!!!

I think both online shopping and "big city" shopping are different that small town shopping. Our The Shoe Company is a middle of the road store (not a boutique, but more expensive and better quality than Payless). I've noticed sometimes shopping closer to Toronto that the same store can either be more discount like or more boutique like. For e.g. The Bay is much more high end at Square One than locally.
    Oh thank goodness about the honey! I was taking honey for coughs because I was desperate. My friend had taken it throughout her pregnancies too.

If I go to the Sketcher sale, I'll let you know. I currently need dress shoes now for LO. She informed me on the way to church in the car that her shoes were too tight and did not understand why we couldn't get new shoes right this second.

I also like Shoe Company for the fact that you can buy online and pick up at the store. Then if you're at the store and see something better, trade!

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I have yet to see a wedding dress move...ever. Though I am sure it happens. Items like that, people like low even numbers. If you want $400 for a wedding dress I would say price it at $200 and take the first reasonable offer that comes through (in this case I would say 50% of asking so $100). It is always a dance of moving the item and making funds. I price low because items that don't move don't make me anything, I would rather see someone enjoy my dress for $100 than have it sit for $200. BUT...my wedding dress gets worn each year...by my Christmas tree and is now a tree skirt.

Cribs, around here, second hand go for about $100 with a mattress. I buy and sell A LOT. If you aren't sure about pricing some items I am happy to help...you can probably price a little higher than me because of your location.
    The Christmas tree skirt is a good idea. I think our house is a bit small for a full Christmas tree though. I'm tempted to get one, just so I can stick a skirt on it, but it will be a shame to ruin all the beading.... but I keep the dress. Hmmm....

I checked wedding dresses locally and it seems that the short ones or ones you can double as a Sunday dress go for around $100. The ballroom style go for around $300 and up and there are almost no small sizes. Mine will be hard to move as it's been adjusted to my height and it has a zipper back.

I'm in shock at all the broken or missing part items people are selling on kijiji!
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well out of 5 people messaging me on kijiji the last 2 days I did get 1 sale today -yeahhhhh

-just made a chicken breast on bbq for hubby and I with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli and carrots -yummm we ate outside on our patio dinner table
    Natalka, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today I will be cooking an 8.5lb pork rump toast. It is only supposed to get up to 16 today. I'll be using the oven and doing laundry, which will heat the house some. We don't want to use our furnace because we were flooded on July 10 and have been unable to convince a professional to crawl into our crawl space to inspect our furnace and make sure that it is still safe to run it. Id the furnace gets red flagged, PDAP will pay to replace it, but I digress. Supper will be pork shoulder roast, newly dug garden potatoes, fresh carrot sticks (from the farmer's market), boiled carrots for those who can't eat them raw, and a glass of milk for everyone. I'm also hoping to bake some banan zucchini chocolate chip muffins. The zucchinis are trying to take over the counter.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@ sweetsparrow we are purchasing 3-in-1 car seats. The twins will be done with their bucket car seats soon, but we're not ready to turn them around to forward facing just yet.

I got up to both twins screaming in their cribs just before 4am. I still often get up at night to one or both of them, some nights they sleep through, they often nurse and go back to sleep. Tonight is different and they are both awake after a change and being nursed.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Does anyone happen to know if you can join the Similac club for a second birth?

Can you still use Canadian Tire money? I found $0.10 CT money on my walk home yesterday as well as $1 in a shopping cart.
    They still give it out of you dont have the card

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

We have trapped a lot of wasps this summer. And now construction has started on the 10 acre parcel across from us and I think more wasps are flying around our place again. There are three traps set up. For those who have used wasp traps, what do you put in them? I've tried a mix of honey/water, orange crush, etc. and am wondering if there is something better.

Also, we have this one trap that I have seen wasps fly out once they went in - strange! Have had this trap for two years and that has never happened before.
    Angela273, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I had a great score at the Superstore today, lean ground beef was on sale and I had an offer for 200 points for every dollar spent. They had some marked at 30% off so I picked up 3 family packs. DH had just pointed out we were out of burgers so we made 18 burgers and a meatloaf, fall is coming and I love have a meatloaf ready to pop in the oven. 2 of the family packs went into the freezer.
    This also spurred me on and I cleaned the freezer. We had been using a lot up and are now out of many things so it was a good time to do it. But I can see a meat stock up is needed. There is some roasts and ham and loads of bacon, but that's about it. Now I also know what needed to get used up soon as well, I love a clean and organized fridge.
    Momof5boys: I have no words of wisdom, but I hope you figure out how to control them.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I truly hate to post this as I have some very sad news. I just received word today that Crochetlady passed away on Sunday and we have lost a dear member of SC and the Frugal Chatter thread. She will be missed and I'm sure her family and friends will appreciate that we share in their loss.

I'll start a memorial thread for her in the General Discussion forum, and hopefully her niece or family will see it and know that we're thinking of them.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh so sad -she will be missed -rest in peace crochetlady

-had ashlyn today took her to splash pad from 9.30 to 10.30 -she loves going on swings a lot now and always watches her reflection-lol
    -then took he to mcdonalds this afternoon she played in the playground had a tiny blizzard -oh and returned a watch I had found the other day -mcdonalds toy recall-got free yogurt tube and bag of apples for ashlyn free
    -tired tonight gonna head off to bed
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yes that is sad news indeed, thanks for posting Sweet Sparrow. She will be missed greatly on SC, prayers for her family.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information