User Tag List

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Hello everyone. Since I am new to couponing, I have a question regarding the toonies for tummies coupons. Can they be used in any store or is it specific to the store that you got them from? I found a bunch at the Metro on Central and so I collected them and when I got home I thought "can i use them anywhere?".
    Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

The coupon should be able to be used at any store - there is no wording on the coupons that suggests otherwise. However, some stores (like Zellers) will not always accept them. I have been told that Zellers does not take them because they are for grocery stores only (even though no wording like that is on the coupon).

When stores accept these coupons, they are waiving the usual "handling fee" they get for accepting the coupon (which is a few cents) - that's partly how using these coupons benefits The Grocery Foundation. The money that would go to pay the stores instead is given to the charity. Personally, I suspect that Zellers is too cheap to give up their few cents per coupon, and that's why they don't accept them. Other SC'ers have had no trouble using them at Zellers, but I have been told more than once that Zellers (the Tecumseh Mall one, at least) will not take Toonies for Tummies coupons. I do not know if this is official Zellers policy or just the policy for that store.

I have used these without any trouble last year at just about any grocery store in our area - Price Chopper (so I assume FreshCo would take them), Food Basics, Walmart, Sobeys, Zehrs, RCSS, Metro. I've never tried Shoppers or Rexall, though.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniana View Post
    I have used these without any trouble last year at just about any grocery store in our area - Price Chopper (so I assume FreshCo would take them.
    The TFT coupons are on displays at FreshCo so they should take them

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mydusty View Post
    The TFT coupons are on displays at FreshCo so they should take them
    Thanks for the confirmation

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks for the information mydusty and Jeniana!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I had this question and did a google search and this thread came up. (It didn't on the SC search). Thanks for the question and the answer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Walmart Supercenter (Tecumseh Road) says they do not get reimbursed because they are not a grocery store, so what they do is reduce the price of the item by the value of the coupon and then rip the coupon up.
    Last edited by mydusty; Sat, Jun 18th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

That's an interesting policy, mydusty. I had no problem using TFT there last year but this year was refused and told they will not be reimbursed for them (they were apparently not reimbursed for the coupons from last year.) They did not offer to reduce the price or anything, they just wouldn't take them. This was at the one on Tecumseh.
    Last edited by Jeniana; Fri, Jun 17th, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Chain stores that accept the coupons are shown in the right area of the link: http://tooniesfortummies.com/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

wondering if no frills accept them. I've heard they did but I never tried myself

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

No Frills does NOT accept Toonies for Tummies coupons. I was there last week and spoke with the manager and she said definitely not that coupon, but all the others including printables are fine.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I have used these at the SDM's in Belle River and Tecumseh and Banwell location with no issues
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have also tried to use these coupons at Zellers (Ambassador plaza) the refused.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a problem using these at a local Fortinos and was told that Fortinos doesn't participate in Toonies for Tummies, so they don't take them. I was told they participate in Cash for Kids". I sent the following e-mail to Toonies for Tummies and they responded. I have not pursued this with Fortinos head office, yet, but am ready to send an e-mail off to see what their response is.

"Lydia,

I have a question about the coupon use. I thought that the coupons could be used as manufacturer’s coupons at any store unless, of course, the coupons specifically names the stores it can be used at.

I was sure that I have been finding coupons in the Loblaw’s chain, not just in Sobey’s, etc. I was unable to use the Dempsters coupon at Fortino’s. The supervisor indicated that Fortino’s participates in Cash for Kids, not Toonies for Tummies. I didn’t think Cash for Kids was being run this year and that Toonies for Tummies was the new program.

I would appreciate your clarification.

Thank you"

Response:

You are correct in that Toonies For Tummies has replaced Cash For Kids and the coupons should be honoured at any storethat carries the product.

The coupons are NOT AVAILABLE at any of the Loblaw stores (like Fortinos), but, customers should be able to redeem them there becausethey are a manufacturers coupon with no store limits listed.

Hope this helps,
    Lydia ( [email protected])

Last edited by fabia; Sat, Jul 9th, 2011 at 10:18 PM.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

can anyone tell me what are the coupons in the booklets? I can't seem to find the list anywhere...
    thanks

Thread Information