User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Foodland get 200 air miles when you get $150 gift card!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This deal is on again!!!!! Best part is that I was able to use the gift card I bought at the end of August to buy the new one yesterday...200 bonus Airmiles again
    redfox, macw1960, Keykey and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    SavvyLady... unless something has changed, you get AirMiles for cumulative purchases at Sobey's & Foodland. Meaning you dont have to spend it all in one visit. That being said, I dont know if it has to be done within a certain period or what, I've never put it to the test, but I was always told that going through the checkouts and I had read it in some fine-print somewhere when I went looking.

In any event, these bonus AM's for GC's promos are usually a good deal for a few reasons:
    1.) you are (were) getting 150 AM's for a giftcard you are likely going to spend anyway...
    2.) you are then double-dipping AM's when you DO spend it at the store... (because you get AM's anyway with regular purchases)
    3.) if you DON'T spend enough or you don't normally shop at these stores, you can always turn around with your new $150 gift-card and buy other branded gift-cards and buy one for a store that isn't an Airmiles sponsor (Canadian Tire, Best Buy, etc...)

Never thought of tip #3...thanks.
    SavvyLady likes this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Are you able to buy 2 cards and get 400 miles? Found my answer, limit of 5 -------so $750 for 1000 air miles.
    Last edited by shellylynn39; Wed, Sep 28th, 2016 at 10:12 AM.
    dededi likes this.
    Earn $50 a month with swagbucks

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/shellylynn31

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    This deal is on again!!!!! Best part is that I was able to use the gift card I bought at the end of August to buy the new one yesterday...200 bonus Airmiles again
    Thank you sooo much for letting me know about this, I didn't see it in the flyer. I'm definitely going to get some more, I'm almost out from the last time. I went to my Freshco and they said we don't take them, I said can you try, and it took. I don't normally shop at Foodland. Freshco price matches, and there's one near my work!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

would this be atlantic as well ????

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I forgot to mention that I called Air Miles and they said it could take up to 4 months for the miles to be added. But I noticed they were added a few weeks ago!!
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just noticed my 400 points showed up in my airmiles account a couple of days ago, but when I checked transactions it showed a date of 2 weeks ago. As long as I get the points, I am happy,happy,happy!
    SavvyLady and dededi like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I forgot to mention that I called Air Miles and they said it could take up to 4 months for the miles to be added. But I noticed they were added a few weeks ago!!
    I've found that bonus Air Miles from Metro take a long time to show up but bonus Air Miles from Sobeys or Foodland usually take about one week.
    SavvyLady and Anna Michele like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I just noticed my 400 points showed up in my airmiles account a couple of days ago, but when I checked transactions it showed a date of 2 weeks ago. As long as I get the points, I am happy,happy,happy!
    AirMiles is weird like that... but the date shown is the day you ACTUALLY made the transaction that earned them rather than the date the points actually showed up.

They might have only shown up today, and you didnt actually have them until today.

This is done to fairly represent when the transaction took place, SO if there's a specific promo where (for example) that is date sensitive, you can determine that your transaction qualifies should there be a dispute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information