User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By IndianaTeach
  • 2 Post By blythwood
  • 1 Post By lotsasavings

Thread: Nearly FREE Becel! Run to Foodland today! (Thursday)

Finding Deals
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Go to Foodland...before the end of Thursday September 1st

They have a deal where you get 200 air miles when you buy a Foodland giftcard for $150.00 (These are also good to use at Freshco and Sobeys). If you get one of these before the Becel deal, you will maximize your airmiles even more.

They have the 454 gram Becels on for $2.99. Normally this is not a great deal and I certainly would not bite at this. BUT...here is where it gets lucrative. Buy 4 of these, get 75 air miles. AND when you buy 2, you get 8 more air miles.

Here is the math PER 1 unit of 454 gram Becel BUT remember you must buy multiples of FOUR to maximize this deal.

For every unit of Becel 454 g (BUT remember to buy in FOURs)

4 AM (because when you buy $150 giftcard you essentialy earn 1.33AM per dollar approximately & each becel is 2.99 dollars)
    18.75 AM (the buy 4 get 75 AM divided by 4)
    4 AM ((buy 2 get 8 AM)

Total -26.75 AM per $2.99 Becel

An Airmile is worth anywhere depending upon how you use them (at Metro they are instant CASH off your groceries) between 9 to 14 cents per mile.

So voila.....its nearly free Becel. BUT......and I cant emphasize this enough......log into your Airmiles account first, and switch your rewards to 100% CASH REWARDS first....this might take time for the change to set in.

IT
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Foodland, FreshCo, Metro, Sobeys
    Last edited by IndianaTeach; Wed, Aug 31st, 2016 at 07:06 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sobeys has a deal in Ontario, buy 5 (or various other products) and get 100 air miles. Becel is 2.99...brings it down to about a dollar each, if i am doing my math right.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Thanks to both of you for posting about these deals! I purchased a $150 GC from Foodland and earned 200 bonus Air Miles. Then, I used the GC at Sobeys to purchase 5 x Becel and I earned ANOTHER 100 bonus Air Miles!

5 x Becel @ $2.99 each = $14.95

100 Air Miles = $10.50 value

$14.95 - $10.50 (AM value) = $4.45 which works out to 89 cents per 454g tub of Becel!
    MrsMer likes this.

Thread Information