User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: General Mills Cereals - FREE Movie offer is back - Starting October 2,2016

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cheerios $2.98 in RCSS upcoming flyer of Sept 16 - 22. See last page, middle-right:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/417812-...a/#post6679796

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Food Basics also has $2.97 Cheerios flyer Sept 15-21
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/417811-...5-21-a-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's another good reason to get the GENERAL ADMISSION tickets... (versus Child)

This tactic's focus is based on redemptions for completely FREE movies in November... the BOGs dont really apply here.

[Disclaimer: Things may have changed since they re-vamped Scene... we shall see]

Oh, they've changed...

So I emphasize... LAST YEAR... when you redeemed a free voucher, you STILL got your scene points.
    General/Adult admissions net you 100 Scene Points, + 20 for booking online.
    Child Admissions will only net you 50 points on your Scene membership.
    -- also and to get a Child admission, you have to book along with an adult, so you only get one 20pt bonus... If you do it MY way, as below, you can rack up the Scene Points...

NOV.2.2016 update: I JUST bought tix for Doctor Strange. All I got were 20 scene points for the online booking. THAT'S IT folks. 20pts is better than a kick in the teeth, but it's not the full score like last year.

Skip the Lucky Charms and go straight for the Cheerios to get General Admission passes.

Buy EVERY ticket with a GENERAL ADMISSION voucher codes, while making each one a separate transaction (painful and tedious, but it's worth it for the points). if you ring them all in together, but you only get one 20 pt online bonus per transaction. Ring them individually and get a 20pt bonus for each one.

ALSO if you pay the overage for a premium ticket (3D, IMAX, AVX, DBOX) and get +50 points (for a total of 170). OR if it's a VIP you get +100 points. for a total of 220 points.

NOW -- this is all assuming that it's the same as last year... which I have no reason to believe it's not. All current vouchers (from Nestea, and what not) still get me my full points, so I dont see why this would be any different.

Well, it's not the same... I paid the $5 overage for AVX, and got bupkis. Just the 20pts for booking online.

Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

$3.77 at Sobeys starting tomorrow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rockco View Post
    Cheerios $2.98 in RCSS upcoming flyer of Sept 16 - 22. See last page, middle-right:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/417812-...a/#post6679796
    I think it's free yogurt coupon which sucks, not movie promo.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by paylessgetmore View Post
    I think it's free yogurt coupon which sucks, not movie promo.
    The ad is not advertising what the effective promo is... just that certain size cereals are on for $2.98

Keep in mind that the publishers who print these flyers often use stock/previous photos when the original photo is unavailable.
    (I've seen the exact same photo appear in competitor's flyers before, because their ads were printed by the same publisher)

The details of the ad don't mention any specific promo that may or may not be on the cereal. -- nor should it because there is no guarantee you'll get a specially marked box with the promo you might be looking for.

The price shown is simply for the advertised size of the product, regardless what box-art/design shows in the photo versus what is actually in the store.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    The ad is not advertising what the effective promo is... just that certain size cereals are on for $2.98

Keep in mind that the publishers who print these flyers often use stock/previous photos when the original photo is unavailable.
    (I've seen the exact same photo appear in competitor's flyers before, because their ads were printed by the same publisher)

The details of the ad don't mention any specific promo that may or may not be on the cereal. -- nor should it because there is no guarantee you'll get a specially marked box with the promo you might be looking for.

The price shown is simply for the advertised size of the product, regardless what box-art/design shows in the photo versus what is actually in the store.
    I thought movie promo is for family size only. I could be wrong as I haven't seen any of it yet.
    dededi likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by paylessgetmore View Post
    I thought movie promo is for family size only. I could be wrong as I haven't seen any of it yet.
    You are right, they are only for family size. The $ 2.98 advertised are 500 gm or less, and are not family sze.

The $ 2.98 ad is confusing because they have advertised 2 different company cereals together. 1 company is family size and other company is not.

Post cereals which are family size and General Mills cereals which are not family size, hence don't have the movie cpns on them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Starts Sunday.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

fingers crossed i find them at a good price.. i'll happily take the kidlet to a few movies at that price, there's a fair few decent movies coming out in november
    Last edited by Midnightly; Thu, Sep 29th, 2016 at 03:34 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know how many coupons codes can I redeem.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bussy bee View Post
    Does anyone know how many coupons codes can I redeem.
    unlimited. 1 code per 1 ticket. You just do it online. You can do separate transactions per ticket also if you want.

only november is free, rest of the months october, december, january its B1G1 - Free. Its only for sunday to thursday movies, friday, Saturday is not included.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    fingers crossed i find them at a good price.. i'll happily take the kidlet to a few movies at that price, there's a fair few decent movies coming out in november
    $ 3.77 is the lowest price, I have seen mostly No Frills and Food Basics.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info was planning to use it in November because buying a cereal for $5 is worth then spending $13 roughly on b1g1 free
    sweetmomma and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    unlimited. 1 code per 1 ticket. You just do it online. You can do separate transactions per ticket also if you want
    I recommend this seperate transaction method IF you are a Scene member. If you buy multiple tickets on one transaction, you only get Scene points for the first ticket*. If you ring them in separately, you get the full points for each ticket.

[*Cineplex's logic on this is that since you're buying multiple tickets, only ONE is for you, so YOU only get points for YOUR ticket. The other members of your party can claim the Scene Points if they wish by going to the box office. I say NO. I BOUGHT the tickets, the points are mine. So I always ring them up separately. -- The only time you get points for a second ticket is for Child Admissions and even those arent full-value.]

And you WILL get Scene points for tickets you redeem with these codes. Or at least *I* have been for the past couple years, and up to and including this week using the Nestea codes and what not.

Nov.2.2016 update: You will ONLY get the 20pt online booking points. You will NOT get the full Scene points. However, booking each ticket individually will still get you 20pts per transation, not just 20 for the single transaction.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2016 at 05:58 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information