• 4 Post By lecale
  • 3 Post By Mia001
  • 2 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By juliemadden
  • 2 Post By Cake

Thread: Extreme Fatigue

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

So I`m looking for some options, not so much advice...

(I`m on medication that effects my energy levels so no need to point out seeing a doctor, this is part of the issue )

How do you get energy through out the day? I`m trying to avoid caffeine and sugars due to anxiety and panic attacks

No energy drinks etc

I find if I wake up in the morning say 8 or 9ish, by 2pm I`m sleepy and could easily have a nap.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Newfiescreech and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Increase meat consumption or supplement with B12 5000mcg.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nothing wrong with having a nap - I never used to be able to, but once I hit late 30s, it sure helped to have one.

Peppermint tea or Red Zinger tea
    Newfiescreech and Candini like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Nap, and it sounds counterproductive, but when you do have energy get in a 1/2 hr walk. Try for just enough exercise to let you totally zonk out an hour or so later. It will help you recover. If you don't exercise and just nap...well I feel like I'm in permanent hangover.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

(I`m on medication that effects my energy levels so no need to point out seeing a doctor, this is part of the issue )

How do you get energy through out the day? I`m trying to avoid caffeine and sugars due to anxiety and panic attacks

No energy drinks etc

I find if I wake up in the morning say 8 or 9ish, by 2pm I`m sleepy and could easily have a nap.
    I like abilify that improves anxiety meds. I have so much more energy. I got a sleep apnea machine and am now taking synthroid ( for thyroid) after having adrenal exhaustion due to poor lifestyle. Abilify helps control cortisol elevation due to stress. Cortisol elevations causes adrenal exhaustion. Abilify causes lower adrenal dhea that can cause hypothyroidism. Your dhea levels should be checked before taking abilify

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by juliemadden; Sun, Sep 4th, 2016 at 08:07 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post

Thoughts....
    • how many hours of sleep are you getting on average? 5 hours? 6 hours? 7 hours? 8 hours?
    • you might want to visit one of those sleep clinics.... I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and needed a CPAP.
    • with the fatigue.... how's your breathing? If you have breathing issues.... perhaps it's time to check for lung cancer. How far can you walk before getting tired? Can you walk 2 or 3 miles?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xlxo View Post
    Thoughts....
    • how many hours of sleep are you getting on average? 5 hours? 6 hours? 7 hours? 8 hours?
    • you might want to visit one of those sleep clinics.... I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and needed a CPAP.
    • with the fatigue.... how's your breathing? If you have breathing issues.... perhaps it's time to check for lung cancer. How far can you walk before getting tired? Can you walk 2 or 3 miles?

Are you trying to scare them?

Twitter.com/juliesbzz Pinterest.com/bbirishbug
    Bbirishbug.tumblr.com

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Oh, I thought I wrote something about not taking medical advice from the internet..

I`m 26, I don`t have cancer, but thanks for your concern.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I think you just need to pencil in some time in the day to deal with your fatigue, instead of trying to keep going. Plan for a siesta hour every day, and prepare for it by reading (so you have something to think about while you relax), or planning a project (I like to plan sewing projects in my head) or getting some exercise at least an hour before or doing something else active before siesta time.

The challenge is you're not well enough to do something when you're fatigued but not tired enough to sleep, I find. If you can find a way to make siesta time constructive (thinking/plotting, or full out sleeping) it's a lot easier to spend the time on yourself.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my non medical advice, take a nap .... half an hour could be enough to help you for the rest of the day

personnally, i fall asleep pretty often if i read, i Watch tv and even in front of my pc (not helpfull for someone who wants to stay awake)

i'm 100% for an afternoon nap....
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Candini like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Naps and siestas are the best!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually any light (screens too)will prevent melatonin from producing preventing you from sleeping. There's a reason why they invented alarm clocks that light up gradually to wake a person up from deep slumber. Don't do anything that activates your brain like a really good mystery or troubleshooting. Don't exercise before sleeping either

Twitter.com/juliesbzz Pinterest.com/bbirishbug
    Bbirishbug.tumblr.com
    Last edited by juliemadden; Mon, Sep 5th, 2016 at 04:40 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I agree with the naps. For me 2 or 3 short naps (20 minutes) could get me through the day.

However a long nap was a real downer and I was in worse shape.
    Newfiescreech and Candini like this.

Thread Information