User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Best drug store conditioner?

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My hair has grown reaaally long. I`m finding that I need to condition the hell out of it for it to be all soft and plush like.

Tops favorites so far (not from drug store)

Joico Kpak reconstructor - expensive though.
    Revlon Green tea Spray Treatment - mediocre price tag

I've tried Whole blends by Garnier, the red one, its nice for the day then my hair feels dry again..

Dislike herbal essences, pantene..

Which products do you like?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

L'Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repair Extreme

It is extremely thick, and comes out of the bottle to form an egg rather than a puddle. Goes on sale for $4 and there are coupons/CO51 offers regularly for $1.50.

I colour my hair so I need something heavy-duty, but I have waves so I need something that it light/not weighing. I am pretty happy with this stuff because it does not weigh my hair down but it successfully keeps my hair from looking processed.

(I blow-dry too but I use styling milk (Garnier Sleek & Shine) so I don't bake my hair apart.)
    Candini likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One of the best is the Aussie 3 minute miracle, it's on sale this week at independent for $2.79!! My 21 year old daughter swears by this, and she dyes her hair. I have dyed, thick long hair and I love it! We have both tried all the conditioners out there, and we always come back to this one! I think there are even coupons out there! Let me know if you try it! We also get the 7 miracle one,but that one you can only get in the states!
    Candini and JDI007 like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I've been using the Garnier whole blends masque in the blue jar, and am quite happy with it. My hair is thick, long, and dyed.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Suave professional is the cheapest salon brand. My fav is l'oreal which have the same ingredients as l'oreal's keratase! Which is like 40 smackeroos

Twitter.com/juliesbzz Pinterest.com/bbirishbug
    Bbirishbug.tumblr.com
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`ve never tried Suave or Aussie, I always thought they were more along the lines of herbal essences and stuff? Which makes my hair feel drier.
    @French Lady

I`ve never seen the garnier jars on sale, they were close to $9 at SDM.

My hair is also quite thick (Fine texture though, just lots of it) and also colored.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    I`ve never tried Suave or Aussie, I always thought they were more along the lines of herbal essences and stuff? Which makes my hair feel drier.
    @French Lady

I`ve never seen the garnier jars on sale, they were close to $9 at SDM.

My hair is also quite thick (Fine texture though, just lots of it) and also colored.
    Yeah, they are along the same lines. I buy the 1L bottles of Biolage from SDM, and my hair is the same.
    Candini likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Yeah, they are along the same lines. I buy the 1L bottles of Biolage from SDM, and my hair is the same.
    Matrix is good stuff, how much is it for that size?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Candini View Post
    Matrix is good stuff, how much is it for that size?
    I think about 22 or 23 depending on the variety. With 20x the points it's a great deal for litre bottles. Biolage really softens without being heavy or waxy, the big problem with "drug store" brands. When you have a lot of fine hair that's the last thing you need.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have fine hair, but it isn't thick, or there isn't a lot of it. I need weightless conditioners that really moisturize.

I have been using bottles of the Tre Semme platinum strength conditioners, and haven't had any problem with buildup at all. In fact, now my light, fine hair is too silky to hold clips properly, they slide off.

years ago I used to use only high end salon brands, religiously. I have been finding drug store brands the past few years that have impressed me more. I guess with very few companies owning large groups of brands, the technologies that are available have made the rounds and nothing is exclusive anymore.
    Last edited by anisa; Mon, Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:39 PM.
    juliemadden likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

lots of people swear by the Aussie moist 3 minute stuff, but i've never used it.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like Pantene Repair and Protect.

I've used expensive salon ones ($50+) to imported Japanese one ($20+). Pantene is just as good. The biggest difference is fragrance. Japanese hair products smells great. I still use Shiseido Tsubaki once in a while. You can find it at Asian supermarkets such as T&T and All Canadian Superstore. (Get the red one.)

Joico is owned by Shiseido, so you might like it.

There are really only 5 major cosmetic companies in the world (L'oreal, Unilever, P&G, Shiseido, Johnson & Johnson) each produce dozens of conditioners. Even when you are buying expensive conditioner, you are usually just paying for the packaging and fragrance. Anything over $10 a bottle goes to marketing.

In the end, nothing beat diet and exercise if you want good hair.
    anisa, lecale and juliemadden like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^Yup, it is the so-called cheaper brands that own the more expensive brands. Doesn't take long to realize something fishy is going on when 2 products with a nearly identical ingredients list have a $20 price difference, and are produced by the same parent company
    Candini likes this.
    R

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I don't think that cheap brands are as good as more expensive ones. I tried Tresemme for a year and it wrecked my hair. There are differences in the formulation of cheap brands over more expensive ones - just check out the old "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" sites and books. Cheaper formulations for cheaper brands is a fact.

L'Oreal - they have a hair research institute, they have a hair science museum, they are totally serious about hair. I use their hair colour too. There's no way I would use a P&G or Unilever product in place of that.
    anisa and Candini like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ The tresemme shampoo and conditioner that I use were recommended by Bryan Baron from Paula's Choice lol

They actually have a few really good vids on Youtube where they talk about hair products.

What Paula and company have been saying for many, many years is actually the opposite of what you have said about the books and their content. I have been following them for 20 years, and they have always been adamant that price doesn't always dictate quality.

When Bryan recommended the 2 tresemme products I use, he also went on the say that there are a lot of not-so-good products in the tresemme line. each brand will have good and bad products, whether it is an expensive line or an affordable line of products.
    R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information