User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

because i certainly do not!

i always try and treat a cashier like they were my friend....

and i expect at least a little bit of decency when i am the one behind the counter!

the customer, when being ignorant or whiney, is usually never right!!!! they just believe they are.

and that my friends, is my opinion.

feel free to post your own
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Life has been fantastic! jenna321's Avatar
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I worked in retail for the past 5 years! Yes I will and do go outta my way to help customers, but I also don't believe they are always right. I'm also speak up when people are being rude as well.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No, of course the customer isn`t always right. I marvel at people who are actually able to act on that philosophy.
    I believe that we should do everything possible to ensure that a customer is happy with service, product, etc and start off assuming they `are right` but if the customer is unreasonable the service provider should not have to endure rudeness, ridicule, etc.
    I do many things, and one of them is that I am a remote agent for CAA and AMA. I get calls from people who NEED ME, and yet they think they can talk down to me. i do tolerate a lot, but the second someone yells or swears at me, I warn them that if they continue to do so i will hang up.
    As an artist, i will bend over backwards to accomodate a client. At times criticism may be hard to hear because afterall it is about something I created, but in the end I want to bring them happiness.
    I think it depends on the situation, to be honest.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

^^I hate when they think they can talk down at you.....

i rarely put up with that.. im working at my family's business, and my father knows that I will be as sweet as pie, untill someone decides to be ignorant to me... and he is okay with that.

probably because he is the same way..

Sometimes i feel that people think that because a person is behind the counter, all of a sudden they become your slave/puppet/whatever you want to call it.

frustrates me!

Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

they are always right until they are wrong and I never had any problem explaining to them why...that simple.
    You just had to be sure you could prove they were wrong, and then I enjoyed laying it out to them.....with subdued GLEE!!!
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My answer is a big fat NO!!!

One of the worst places to deal with customers is in a banking setting.
    They think that because they have a cheque, it should be cashed regardless of how high risk it is.

Money Mart was even worse...I was actually physically threatened once for not cashing a 2 month old welfare cheque, without a thumb print.

Oddly enough, I found one of the easiest places to deal with customers was when I managed a Beer and Wine store.

That said, since I have worked in customer service for so long, I expect a cashier to be courteous and respectful to me and if they are not, I will complain.

There is nothing worse than giving your hard earned money to someone who is being rude or ignorant!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to agree, being the customer service rep. for a big corporation I have many times that I will immediately ask for a manager if I don't like the attitude.

A few weeks ago I was at Zellers and went to a cash, the cashier was fiddling with papers, looked up and told me to go to another cash, I got there, happened to look around about 15 seconds later and she was looking after customers. I watched the immediate lineup that occured and how 4 people got through before I did at the cash I was told to go to. I immediately went to customer service to complain.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

No I do NOT believe that!! When the customer is an idiot and wrong... well that's it. They're an idiot and wrong. Period.

homeofhappycats
    Of course not. Customers steal. Customers murder. I think dealing with the public as a low paid employee is the worst job there is. I worked in a restaurant a few years ago. There was a customer who came in for breakfast, then showed up 6 hours later and said I took $5 from her. I asked where she had been in the past 6 hours. She said shopping and to the hospital. I said it must have gone missing since she left. They counted my cash. It was not $5 over. I did not take it. She stood there and looked me up and down! I think she was going senile.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I was actually asked this in an interview one time - talk about a loaded question! I believe my answer was "Is the customer ever right?".

They laughed, I got the job.

Harkatsmom is right, be nice to your bankers because they take a lot of unwarranted abuse. That is the most stressful place I've ever worked, we used to take turns sitting in empty offices and crying - men included.

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i don't think the customer being right gives us the right to objectify and generally be a jerk the cashier..
    however, when it comes to the company itself i find the mentality of the customer being right is taking a back burner to know it all managers giving you a bit of their snark when they are obviously wrong...how many times do they try to get out of their scanning policy? and i find companies are becoming more lax in their 'guarantees' and keeping up their end of the deal..as a consumer you expect certain things from your product and it seems lately companies shift the responsibility and blame onto you as a consumer instead of being willing to meet your needs

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think it was an a$$ that came up with that expression, because "holes" are always the ones who think they are soooo right when in fact they are just "holes".

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    I think it was an a$$ that came up with that expression, because "holes" are always the ones who think they are soooo right when in fact they are just "holes".

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    I love this.

Belinda's Babblings

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Absolutely NOT! If you've worked at the walmart/costco returns desk (or any store for that matter), you'd be amazed at the scams people try to pull off. It's for that reason many retailers have had to tighten up return policies, especially for no receipt returns.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information