User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Teenage breakouts... any reco?

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Thanks for all the replies.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A fragrance free option that is similar to Proactive but better is Clinique's Acne line. I pick them up for my son when gift is on and keep the bonus for myself

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Guess OP knows that benzoyl peroxide might discolour towels (check tags) so make sure son has his own towels he can use without affecting the company or "good" towels.

But I agree with getting testing-hormones are at play. I've noticed this year of perimenopause, my breakouts have moved to below the cheeks to the chinline. I know my hormones in flux are to blame. I used to get pimples mostly above the browline and around cheeks but things have changed. The soy in veggie burgers have not done much to help so I will be getting frozen soybeans to see if they give my hormones a kick into playing more nicely (it'd be great to get some joint pain relief).
    anisa and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Facial Wash http://www.thebodyshop.ca/en/whats-n...cial-wash.aspx
    barbis9, dededi and Davetherave like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I also heard about the tea tree oil, sworn effective by a friend of a friend who uses it (in her late-20's). My son has switched to a foaming face wash for combination/oily skin. It has only been a few days so I can't tell if there's an improvement but I don't see any worsening either.
    barbis9 and juliemadden like this.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

Finding Deals
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I have suffered for decades with acne, and only now is it beginning to settle down. I have been on every medication, including the big ones! My best advice is stop believing that acne is caused by diet. Sure, it can make it worse, but its genetic and hormonal as others said. Other than the big gun (Accutane), the best combo I found was Benzaclin in the morning after showering and Differin XP at night after showering. I am not a doctor, but those 2 in combination worked best for me after trying literally everything.

The good news is that eventually it will settle down and might even go totally away like a switch is turned off. I firmly believe its genetic though....severe acne that is. If I could go back in time and remove the guilt and wasted time and money by trying other people's home remedies (which almost always comes from people that have good skin) I would! Other good news: If the acne doesn't scar, oily skin prevents many wrinkles types from forming!

IT
    anisa, dededi, Davetherave and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information