User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Where Were You When The News Came On 9/11?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was just heading out to my start my mail delivery when someone from inside the station yelled " a plane just flew into the WTC ".
    In those days a taxi took me out and he was there so I had to go. The trip was short, I don't remember his radio being on. I exited his cab and delivered only as far down as one of my Public Schools on the route ( say maybe 15 minutes? ) and when I entered there was no one in the office.
    I walked around and found the office staff, some teachers and the principal all huddled together in the lunchroom watching the tv.
    Not even sure if the second plane had hit at that point, the staff were crying...I was numb. Rearranged my route delivery so that I could swing by home first ( I lived nearby ) and let DH know what was happening.
    He followed it on the tv while I returned back to the street.
    The next update I got was when I arrived at the second school on the route. ( no cell phone, I still have never owned one ) By then it was over, buildings were collapsed.....just recall the sheer disbelief this was actually happening.

After that is was all anyone was speaking about on the street until I finished my rounds.
    Our 3 kids were in Elementary school at that time, so we had to try to explain what was happening when they got home from classes.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Dear friends of our family,our minister and his wife, were actually living in Gander at the time. His church there helped to organize getting people to homes, but there was no lack of people willing to offer their homes , hospitality, and love, of course.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At a strangers doorstep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at school, in grade 7. The Rabbis and secular studies teachers gathered us all together to talk about it and try and keep us calm.

There were students screaming it was WW3 at dismissal time. It was a scary day for me
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Grade 10 Media Art Class, cannot remember his name but another kid in the class came in an announced it and teacher right away blew it off and told us all to get to work on our projects. Was not until I got home that night I heard anymore about it
    Natalka, macw1960 and Davetherave like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Grade 7 - sitting in the school library with half of the school watching the news.
    Natalka and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was at work it was a bright sunny day
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of the hardest things has been talking about this with people who were too young to know what was going on and still dont fully grasp the mindset that followed
    Natalka and Darth Penguin like this.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was in 3rd grade. I remember that morning very clearly. I knew something big had happened, I never really paid attention to the news. It was really dark out and we were getting up for school, if it was almost 9 in NYC it was only 6 here. I remember sitting and staring at the TV.

Then at school kids were chattering a lot about it but I didn't understand the big deal, I thought it was just a bad plane accident.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i was watching the news and saw the second plane hitting the tour.....that was so incredible.....and horrible
    Natalka likes this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    One of the hardest things has been talking about this with people who were too young to know what was going on and still dont fully grasp the mindset that followed
    I had the kind of opposite experience. Growing up in an era where popular culture told you THEY* were out to blow you up and having at least one school assembly a term about how to recognise a bomb left in a station, closed to your school, near any kind of public building..And then I had Americans tell me how terrible it was to be under attack by other people...Yea...colour me not so impressed.

*They being that Prots/Catholics..ie the emery of the week..

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few years after that tragic day I encountered 2680 architects and engineers willing to risk their degrees and go on the record to say how they thought it was pretty strange that a steel frame building could collapse in its own footprint at the speed of gravity (esp bldg7) and in pear-shaped dust clouds. But to imagine anything other than the official story is to suspect that perhaps the US military / US State Dept / Israel may have played a small role in the incident. And that's just ridiculous. Anyone who says that is a crack pot. USA politicians don't lie - it must have been The Enemy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information