User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree123Likes

Thread: SDM sucks big time since Loblaws took over

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anybody else feel the same way?

I used to look forward to the upcoming flyer to see what kind of optimum deals could be had. Now I don't even bother looking.
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    hcao, barbis9, 4sure5 and 3 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Agreed!

I haven't really been into couponing long (early last year/ late 2014) and even in mid 2015 I was excited when I got my optimum coupons to print off. I still have a PDF of some of the coupons like;

3000 Pts WUS $10 on OTC Medication
    Pay $2.99 for 400pk Q-tips
    Pay $2.99 for 12pk Coca-Cola
    600 Pts WUB Neilson Milk 4L
    $4.20 off Liquid Tide
    Pay $0.99 for a Colgate Manual Toothbrush
    2700 Pts WUB ANY Toilet Paper

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree, there's not as many deals, and the flyers all start looking the same week after week. I'm using my stock pile, and only buying what I need or if it's an amazing deal!! One of my personal deals was something like $4.99 for head and shoulders, first I may have bought this a year ago when it was on sale and with coupons, so basically free. Now, they think that's a deal at $4.99!! I miss all the old promotions and deals!! Oh well, I'm saving a lot!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have earned $350 points on $850 purchases this year so I am not going to complain for a second. That's a 40% bonus.
    ROMEO, peachies, nash0109 and 6 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still better than any other rewards program out there. It may not be as good as it was a few years ago, but there are still good deals to be had! I've redeemed for over $2000 in free stuff this year, for just over $4000 spent. (I do the shopping for 3 households). I'd like to see you get 30-35% overall savings anywhere else.
    ROMEO, seylz_gurl, lecale and 8 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I hardly buy anything there, mostly milk and diapers and wipes when the sales and coupons are good enough and I have already made $200 in points! It is much better than PC points I find and I get lots of tailored point offers for milk diapers and wipes. I guess it depends on what you buy
    ROMEO, barbis9, SavvyLady and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I get more points than ever lol. Sorry to those who feel that way!

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I still feel the Optimum loyalty program is the best one for me, although I have to agree that a lot of the product bonus offers aren't very applicable (not surprising since Loblaws wants to push their product lines), but I find I always use the "Spend $10 get 2000 points" offers....I get this offer almost every 2 weeks like clockwork so I buy my eggs and bread from Shoppers Drug Mart when they are on sale and with this offer.
    Natalka, barbis9, nash0109 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hardly buy anything at Shoppers anymore.I never buy PC or no name.Optimum bonus points are stuff I never buy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had decided last year to give SDM another go this year and rack up points for FALL/Christmas redemption. A few times took advantage of good sales and 20X the points for for personal use but my points are mostly from shopping for work. I have enough for 3 high level redemptions plus 20,000 pts for a small one. I was tempted to redeem for a cologne sampler pack on the weekend if I found other sale items to go with it to get the best bang for my buck. They were sold out of them and don't expect more for months!!!! So thinking I better redeem soon when out of town to get those for gifts since my SDM is going to be hard for me to redeem at.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No, I don't feel that way - though I sure miss some Life products.
    I only shop there for the specials - even before, I rarely spent enough at one shot to make use of pts WUS. Just slowly and surely build up pts.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

They are the closest cheapest milk to home for me, and getting the bonus for buying milk each week keeps me coming back. (There is a convenience store literally across the street from me but their milk is off-date, they don't have 1%, it's more expensive...no reason to bite.) 50% of what I spend at Shoppers is basic grocery like milk, eggs, flour, coffee and 50% of that total is milk alone. I only buy when things are at rock-bottom prices and to get points back...well, they're subsidizing me.

I hope they don't change the program but my feelings are changes are upcoming for 2017.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I agree, there's not as many deals, and the flyers all start looking the same week after week...... I miss all the old promotions and deals!!
    I agree 100% - the same products go on sale each and every week. I no longer stock up because I know in two weeks the same thing will be on sale. I used to love Life brand but it is slowing getting replaced by Presidents Choice which I buy at Fortinos.

What we need is a USA drugstore chain to open up in Canada to create some competition and deals.
    SavvyLady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    They are the closest cheapest milk to home for me, and getting the bonus for buying milk each week keeps me coming back. (There is a convenience store literally across the street from me but their milk is off-date, they don't have 1%, it's more expensive...no reason to bite.) 50% of what I spend at Shoppers is basic grocery like milk, eggs, flour, coffee and 50% of that total is milk alone. I only buy when things are at rock-bottom prices and to get points back...well, they're subsidizing me..
    My Shoppers is ALWAYS out of stock when there is a sale on food.....very frustrating.....I can't depend on them for grocery basics otherwise I would have a lot more points by now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I also wanted to add - because each Shoppers is independently owned by a pharmacist - I have noticed prices do vary from store to store on non sale items.
    SavvyLady likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information