User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: McDonald's: McCafe $1 deal for Small Speciality Coffee

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Are the small cups for speciality coffee, smaller than their small cups for regular coffee ?

I though the cup size was really small ! But when I get a regular coffee the small cup is bigger in size.
    One of the items i DO get regularly at McDonalds is a small coffee. I got a small cappuccino today and it was not at all as you described... and it was in the same size cup as I get in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I had the small cappuccino today. It was horrible.

They gave me a cup which was only half full. Plus there was so much foam in it, I thought it was a latte or some foamed milk. Tasted nothing like a cappuccino. Never having this crap again, will just stick to regular coffee instead Glad I wasted only a dollar and not more on this nonsense.

This is somewhat expected. It should go without saying that for the most part, McDonald's products are usually "lower calibre" of the industry standards. While they're known for burgers... a McDonald's quarter pounder doesnt hold a candle to a proper burger from a pub or steakhouse. -- McDonald's is just a quick, on-the-go version.

Same thing with their fries... same thing with their desserts... so their specialty coffees arent any different.

McDonald's is a jack of all trades... true master of none.

Now, no offense intended... what are you expecting for cappuccino? Some people (like a guy I work with) believe that the nonsense that Tim's serves up as cappuccino is what it's supposed to be... it really isnt. That's more a variation of instant hot-chocolate without chocolate. It's a powdered mix but just a different flavouring that happens to "froth" on mixing... and there's nothing wrong with the product, but it's not actual cappuccino.

While McDonald's McCafe cappuccino is not high-grade (like from a proper barista), the process is more true to actual cappuccino than what someone would get at Tim's.

Now it's highly possible from your description, that perhaps someone bungled the process. I find that happens ALOT at McCafe locations because the people operating those machines are doing so on-the-fly. When they first started, they had a few people who did nothing but craft their McCafe beverages... now it's just part of the rotation of work and most of them just cant do it properly. -- My friend's son works at a local McD's, and he can't make a specialty coffee to save his behind, but he's forced to do it when an order comes up and he's on 'running' duty.

Meanwhile, go to Second Cup, Starbucks, or any truly specialty coffee shop and you'll get a properly crafted beverage of higher caliber because that's ALL those people do all day... but alas, you'll pay $6 for it, and not $2 (let alone $1).
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Tue, Sep 27th, 2016 at 04:46 PM.
    coupongirl99 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I picked up a small cappuccino as well today and thought the cup felt very light. So I opened it and yep, as expected. Half full with loads of foam on top.

On the plus side, I was able to combine it with the free mini pastry offer so $1ish for both didn't sting TOO much. Will go for another drink next time.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried the Americana for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Also, the dollar drinks come with the stickers, which helps me gain free coffee faster and cheaper than buying my usual coffee at McDonalds.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

getting over on sunday.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Tried the Mocha today, another dissapointment.
    Too sweet and not hot enough.
    Felt like drinking warm chocolate milk. Can't believe people pay regular prices for this crap, I won't even pay $ 1 for this stuff anymore.

I don't know if its me, but the temperature of all their speciality drinks just seems to be warm and not hot like coffee. Tried their cappuccino, mocha, latte all seemed to be on the warm side.

I love their regular coffee better than Tim's, but this speciality stuff is a pass for me. Probably Americano is the only one worth getting that too only for $ 1 , not higher .
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information