User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well ladies my chest feels better today and I am sleeping better -have to go and pick up the other puffer today at the pharmacy-its an expense to-thank goodness I am living off my stockpile of freezer foods
    -I kinda am glad I am not hosting thanksgiving -my daughter-in-law is but my son wants me to make the stuffing (as I make the best so I am told)
    I was suppose to go stay at my daughter's condo this wed/thurs but I am not as she will be sleeping over with her hubby on the weekend sat/sun cant wait to see Sebastian -poor little guy caught a cold from someone gee he is coming up 3 weeks on Tuesday wow time flies cant wait to hold him again
    -so taking it easy still this week -no running here and there for bargains -I just finished a 1,000 piece ravensburger dog puzzle (with dogs of all kinds on it all browns/blacks and a few white dogs -so it was the hardest puzzle I have ever done took me 2 and a half months -kinda worth it too as I paid 1.99 in value village and these puzzles retail for 20.00 and up
    Coupon Girl- I am so glad that you are feeling better!
    Sorry little Sebastian has the sniffles! Being on the outside of his mommy means all those little germs can find him. Poor little guy!

I admire your concentration in doing those puzzles. Where do you keep them until they are done? I would love to see that doggie picture. Can you take a picture of it?
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

well ladies my chest feels better today and I am sleeping better -have to go and pick up the other puffer today at the pharmacy-its an expense to-thank goodness I am living off my stockpile of freezer foods
    -I kinda am glad I am not hosting thanksgiving -my daughter-in-law is but my son wants me to make the stuffing (as I make the best so I am told)
    I was suppose to go stay at my daughter's condo this wed/thurs but I am not as she will be sleeping over with her hubby on the weekend sat/sun cant wait to see Sebastian -poor little guy caught a cold from someone gee he is coming up 3 weeks on Tuesday wow time flies cant wait to hold him again
    -so taking it easy still this week -no running here and there for bargains -I just finished a 1,000 piece ravensburger dog puzzle (with dogs of all kinds on it all browns/blacks and a few white dogs -so it was the hardest puzzle I have ever done took me 2 and a half months -kinda worth it too as I paid 1.99 in value village and these puzzles retail for 20.00 and up
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Happy Monday everyone! A cool looking like rain day here. Was good and made oatmeal last night so I am starting my morning off right.
    We had DS's first game of season last night that counts. We won and the other team had so many penalties it was brutal. One kid was so rough and their coach (I think the brute's dad) was losing his cool on the bench) They are very strict this year so they may be looking at suspensions if they don't watch themselves. Another game tonight!
    Good luck to your son and his team! Wrt the coach and player- Apples don't fall too far from the trees so they say. Can coaches be centured if there act up?
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I keep misplacing my coupons. I sort them and can never find my book when i go to shop

Also holding off on planting my tulip bulbs.
    @saundyl : I keep my book in a holder in a desk drawer in the kitchen. You could put it in your closet or coat area where you hang your outdoor clothes. Or what about in your reusable shopping bags or bins?

A squirrel dug up more tulip bulbs this year. Do tulip bulbs go on sale at all? I thought they used to around this time of year. Or have I missed it?

Silly question #2 about turkey. Does it have to be an aluminum roaster that it sits in? Or can I stick it in a large glass pan? I can't remember where I saw that tinfoil roasting pan in the ads last week.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    This month I begin my search for size 10 winter boots for wide feet again....last year was not successful. I can't find decent ones that are lightweight, waterproof and warm that don't fall apart after one season. I hate fashion boots and am jealous as my boyfriend has had his boots for years. Other than that just need to change my summer clothes over to winter and save as I have a filing this month and house insurance is due...ouch. The rain has stopped which is wonderful.

Well, barbis 9, I am on the same search for boots- size 10 or 11 - waterproof- warm- durable without breaking the bank
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I went to the doctor for my three week check up. He told me to eat a healthier diet as the first diabetes test was very high in blood sugars. He also said I'd have a real wild child as he felt around for the head and got a kick from the baby. Then, when he tried to find the heartbeat, it moved away. It does move quite a lot. I'm hoping it's going to be a little more well behaved than LO and get the recommended hours of rest but it's seemingly much more active.

The doctor is likely right. I should cut back on my sugar intake....
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Husky just sent me an email with $5 in bonus points that I need to redeem by Oct 31, because they missed me. I should see how much I have on my card to redeem. I found it in my spam folder. Nice little surprise.
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post

Silly question #2 about turkey. Does it have to be an aluminum roaster that it sits in? Or can I stick it in a large glass pan? I can't remember where I saw that tinfoil roasting pan in the ads last week.
    Any kind of pan is fine - I've done a turkey in a metal 9X13 - I haven't made many of them, but somehow they turn out, moist breast and all. I've got 1/2 of my mom's stainless steel roasting pan (sis has the other half), but that's for a huge turkey. What I do use now is one of those cheap roasting pans with the V insert rack thingee. (Oh, I'm so technical, lol!)

I went to the doctor for my three week check up. He told me to eat a healthier diet as the first diabetes test was very high in blood sugars. He also said I'd have a real wild child as he felt around for the head and got a kick from the baby. Then, when he tried to find the heartbeat, it moved away. It does move quite a lot. I'm hoping it's going to be a little more well behaved than LO and get the recommended hours of rest but it's seemingly much more active.

The doctor is likely right. I should cut back on my sugar intake....
    Hope you can keep your sugar levels regulated - I realize it must be hard. One thing that was so odd was during my pregnancy how many people' assumed' I'd have gestational diabetes (I'm rather fluffy) - but the only two people I've ever known to have it were skinny minnies.

An active baby is a happy baby! My son was nutso while I was pregnant - and usually that was complicated by my husband wanting to 'play' with him once I was settling in bed for the night.

Well, today I blanched three cabbages to make leaves for cabbage rolls, and I just finished packaging them for freezing - as well as cutting up all the little bits and pieces around the core that are too small to use to roll - I use those bits in soups, stews, and casseroles.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

@saundyl: I keep my book in a holder in a desk drawer in the kitchen. You could put it in your closet or coat area where you hang your outdoor clothes. Or what about in your reusable shopping bags or bins?

A squirrel dug up more tulip bulbs this year. Do tulip bulbs go on sale at all? I thought they used to around this time of year. Or have I missed it?

Just saw this brag about clearance tulip bulbs in the brags thread.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/418187-...s-pack-canada/

I haven't' cooked a turkey in a glass pan but I would imagine it would work, you would have to transfer your drippings into a metal pot for gravy making.Make sure it is deep enough so the drippings don't overflow the pan. Not sure the drippings will brown as well in a glass pan.Here is a great site for turkey prep and cooking one properly.
    https://www.cookscountry.com/101/hol...wTo_feature_16
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Tue, Oct 4th, 2016 at 02:17 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@saundyl : I keep my book in a holder in a desk drawer in the kitchen. You could put it in your closet or coat area where you hang your outdoor clothes. Or what about in your reusable shopping bags or bins?

Home hardware had some birthday canadian ones they brought in 25 bulbs for 12.97 i convinced bf to get them for me.

The coupon "book" i use is a little photo album. I tried my purse or in the car but i need to figure out something else or have doubles!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, Andit, 22hicks and 7 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

avoncallinyu -I do the puzzles on my diningroom table -since I am not hosting thanksgiving it works -I guess I should invest in a roll up mat but if its spongy I wouldn't like doing puzzles on it -I just gave the doggy puzzle to a friend so don't have it
    -I have tried doing puzzles on a smaller table in my upstairs bedroom (the table my mom used ) but having no chair and sitting on the bed is back breaking I don't know how my dear mom put up with doing it that way -but she did
    -I guess cause I did puzzles with mom for 6 and an half years I am drawn to them -I find it relaxing and I don't always want to watch t.v or read
    Giseledta, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good luck to your son and his team! Wrt the coach and player- Apples don't fall too far from the trees so they say. Can coaches be centured if there act up?
    Yes, coaches/bench staff/anyone that questions a refs call can be banned/sent out of arena. Have seen it happen many times.
    Andit, 22hicks, Angela273 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Home hardware had some birthday canadian ones they brought in 25 bulbs for 12.97 i convinced bf to get them for me.

The coupon "book" i use is a little photo album. I tried my purse or in the car but i need to figure out something else or have doubles!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I 2nd putting it in your shopping bags/tote. I have a few shopping bins and usually keep it in there.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

avoncallinyu -I do the puzzles on my diningroom table -since I am not hosting thanksgiving it works -I guess I should invest in a roll up mat but if its spongy I wouldn't like doing puzzles on it -I just gave the doggy puzzle to a friend so don't have it
    -I have tried doing puzzles on a smaller table in my upstairs bedroom (the table my mom used ) but having no chair and sitting on the bed is back breaking I don't know how my dear mom put up with doing it that way -but she did
    -I guess cause I did puzzles with mom for 6 and an half years I am drawn to them -I find it relaxing and I don't always want to watch t.v or read
    My mother does the same thing. She just plans to have it done before a big family dinner My son likes helping her on her puzzles.
    Andit, 22hicks, Angela273 and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The sun is trying to come out today. We are suppose to have summer like weather till Friday then we will see what the weather man says for the weekend.
    I have booked Thursday off for a vacation day and then off early Friday for the long weekend. Will make me have lots of energy at home tonight and tomorrow night to get stuff done since I know I have another full day off! My friend is usually off Thursdays so I will see if she wants to walk along the water early in the morning after the kids are off to school.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Just saw this brag about clearance tulip bulbs in the brags thread.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/418187-...s-pack-canada/

I haven't' cooked a turkey in a glass pan but I would imagine it would work, you would have to transfer your drippings into a metal pot for gravy making.Make sure it is deep enough so the drippings don't overflow the pan. Not sure the drippings will brown as well in a glass pan.Here is a great site for turkey prep and cooking one properly.
    https://www.cookscountry.com/101/hol...wTo_feature_16
    I just spent over 15 minutes on hold with three different people to ask anyone if there were tulip bulbs in the store. No one picked up.

Gravy making may be a bit ambitious for my first try and I don't think anyone in this household actually likes it.

More turkey questions, how long does it take to thaw a turkey? I'll probably go to Fortinos with LO to get a $20 turkey.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information