User Tag List

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Angela sorry this is happening to you.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Oct 23rd, 2016 at 12:51 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hugs. family are rough sometimes.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks guys. Believe me, my family dynamics are complicated with virtually everyone...my dad raised us, my mom didn't, my husband's family lives in Alberta...with the occasional requests for us to travel out to visit. It's just interesting and overwhelming when this all happened in the same week.

My brother sent me a text this morning to tell me they were running late. Two hours after they were supposed to arrive he sent me another text message, SIL isn't feeling well so now they aren't coming this weekend.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone.

Still under the weather, but at least I have an appetite for something other than ginger ale and crackers.

A friend of mine is moving this week, so we have babysitting duties. Lily dog happily checked out their treats, but was oblivious to the new critters. Quincy cat, otoh, well, this picture tells the tale.

Name:  P1110783.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  606.4 KB

Not to worry, he gave up any notion of getting up close and personal once the goldfish gave him a dirty look.

Better get going and make dinner for everyone. At 5 critters to 1 human, I think I have to be on my toes. Good thing 3 of the critters can't escape their homes (I hope!).

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-oh angela families can be hard sometimes -we all have family drama I am sure
    -got my cuddles in with Sebastian on Friday night babysat him my neighbour came over and a girlfriend to see him my girlfriend gave my daughter 20 towards diapers and a few other clothing articles nice gift
    -then watched ashlyn last night -phewww papa and I are tired -my hubby changed my son's wheels on his wifes car to snow tires as he had a flat anyways
    -today I went to a baby shower with my daughter -for my daughter-in-laws sister -it was in burlington at a nice restaruant off brant street -we got to pick from a choice of 4 items I had the burger and roasted potatoes and lovely cupcakes to eat and cake pops -I won a bath and body works hand soap -well actually my daughter did and gave it to me -now to rest tonight and watch a bit of t.v before I babysit ashlyn for mon ,tuesday
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well my plan for yesterday did not go as planned, Mom ended up home sick and my production level for the day just went down hill. I find it so much easier to get all of this stuff done when I am home alone. So this means I will have to try to get a bunch of stuff done after work this week. I was trying to avoid that as I am not sure how much I will actually be home yet.

Thinking on my lunch today I will write a to do list.

Better get back to work as the emails are piling up. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Still under the weather, but at least I have an appetite for something other than ginger ale and crackers.

A friend of mine is moving this week, so we have babysitting duties. Lily dog happily checked out their treats, but was oblivious to the new critters. Quincy cat, otoh, well, this picture tells the tale.

Name:  P1110783.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  606.4 KB

Not to worry, he gave up any notion of getting up close and personal once the goldfish gave him a dirty look.

Better get going and make dinner for everyone. At 5 critters to 1 human, I think I have to be on my toes. Good thing 3 of the critters can't escape their homes (I hope!).

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
    oh @Andit My heart skipped a beat looking at the size of THAT tank on that stand. The weight of water is surprising to most so I am praying whoever set that up knows what they are doing? Quincy must have been so intrigued by all the fish, I love the Plecostomus!

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Back to the work week. Cleaned the kitchen yesterday and did some shopping before hockey game and out for a free dinner.
    Tonight we are making Philly Cheesesteak We cut the roasts we bought on Sat into steaks and planned and cut the steak for tonights dinner. Will eat light for lunch at home since tonight will be filling!
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I have two great offers from PC Plus on each card a 10000 points wus 100.00 and 75000 points wus 75.00 alas I don't need that much.
    @lilo0003 : If I had 75,000 WUS $75 I'd run, not walk to the store! Though if it is a typo, I'm not sure they'd give you that one.

My mom has had a typo on her account for weeks. It says 100 points per $1 spent on grapes, but then it says it's 20% in points. I have no clue if that means she'd get 100 or 200 points for it.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    Our extended family exchanges names so we only have one person to buy a gift for with a $20 limit. And that is it - the rest of the time is spent enjoying each others company. Easy peeasy. Oh, but we do have to make a poem to go with the gift - can be quite hilarious what some people come up with.

And my gift wish is a donation to charity....I know, I'm boring but I have everything I need
    I wish DH's family was like that. They actually try to out do each other on gifts and it's a large family. I think DH has spent upwards of $600 on a child's gift once (on materials to make it). I practically need a paper bag to hyperventilate in when I hear of how he used to live. A few years back, his brother bought the parents front row Maple Leafs tickets which would have involved all the kids to pitch in more than $100 each. I told DH if they wanted to spend like that, it was up to them, but I had something else in mind (a keg of Folgers with a winter scene pasted on it and an M&M's GC, which I got free). DH's parents never ended up going and gave the expensive tickets away because one of them were called for jury duty.

@Angela273: I'm sorry to hear of family demands and I hope they realize what they're asking at some point. DH's family drives me nuts too. My family drives me a bit bonkers sometimes, but DH's family really takes the cake sometimes. I think that's probably why I'm shut out of family conversations and ignored most of the time. It's hard to accept traditions like people making minimum wage, dropping four figures on Christmas gifts, and wallow in the debt afterwards. People do this for decades, even the teens?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    hi all!! Last night I spent 5 hours in the hot tub with my best friend. Great night chatting and laughing our butts off. Totally needed it!
    Did some shopping today. Found a few Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers. Started a 2nd Rubbermaid bin to hide stuff in.
    That sounds like a distant dream. LO went to a spa themed party on the weekend, in downtown Toronto. Traffic was horrific with the Gardiner closed. I think we took an hour to crawl a few blocks. People were cutting into our lane left, right, and center. Unfortunately, DH had no idea that he was in the lane going to Yorkdale mall. He was just trying to find the 401 exit!

My friend commented that our group should have a spa day together one day while our young children were having their fingernails painted. We all have children 10 and under and can't imagine taking hours to get massages, or having our nails done, or .....well, anything really. Ha ha! What time? What money?
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Mon, Oct 24th, 2016 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Spacing again

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Aaauugghh! The baby is trying to exit my tummy, stage right! It's been going on for almost all nights now, and almost always at 3 AM. I've been getting very little sleep because of it.

Such violent movements and less than 6 - 8 weeks to go. At this rate, I'm not going to make it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I wish DH's family was like that. They actually try to out do each other on gifts and it's a large family. I think DH has spent upwards of $600 on a child's gift once (on materials to make it). I practically need a paper bag to hyperventilate in when I hear of how he used to live. A few years back, his brother bought the parents front row Maple Leafs tickets which would have involved all the kids to pitch in more than $100 each. I told DH if they wanted to spend like that, it was up to them, but I had something else in mind (a keg of Folgers with a winter scene pasted on it and an M&M's GC, which I got free). DH's parents never ended up going and gave the expensive tickets away because one of them were called for jury duty.

@Angela273: I'm sorry to hear of family demands and I hope they realize what they're asking at some point. DH's family drives me nuts too. My family drives me a bit bonkers sometimes, but DH's family really takes the cake sometimes. I think that's probably why I'm shut out of family conversations and ignored most of the time. It's hard to accept traditions like people making minimum wage, dropping four figures on Christmas gifts, and wallow in the debt afterwards. People do this for decades, even the teens?!?

That sounds like a distant dream. LO went to a spa themed party on the weekend, in downtown Toronto. Traffic was horrific with the Gardiner closed. I think we took an hour to crawl a few blocks. People were cutting into our lane left, right, and center. Unfortunately, DH had no idea that he was in the lane going to Yorkdale mall. He was just trying to find the 401 exit!

My friend commented that our group should have a spa day together one day while our young children were having their fingernails painted. We all have children 10 and under and can't imagine taking hours to get massages, or having our nails done, or .....well, anything really. Ha ha! What time? What money?
    Gotta remember to take time for you! We have all been there with young kids and I did the same, commuted hours to work and no time in the day for anything let alone me time. Once your kids get older you will get there. I so needed Friday night! This is my best buddy that beat breast cancer this past year so even more special.
    Time- I have gift cards from over 6 months ago that my honey bought to take me for a night away, massage and the hot baths in Blue Mountaing/Collingwood area. Paid for already and I am still having a hard time planning to get away. Maybe in April once hockey season is done!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Aaauugghh! The baby is trying to exit my tummy, stage right! It's been going on for almost all nights now, and almost always at 3 AM. I've been getting very little sleep because of it.

Such violent movements and less than 6 - 8 weeks to go. At this rate, I'm not going to make it!
    I'm sure not for you but for me your pregnancy has gone by fast

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, my - I had a little soccer player too - have you tried singing?
    Hope it gets better for you!

Had a decent weekend here. Shopping-wise, picked up some meats, will do some batch cooking today.
    Son and husband worked on our van for over 12 hours on Saturday - all was done, and everything works well.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is library day and Pre-K picture day for our son. Last night after supper I spent some time going through his bin of size 4 clothes with him to pull out clothes that fit and put a big bag of clothes in his closet for him to grow into. The bin is mostly empty and ready to go back out to the shed. I have 4 more boxes of clothes and toys to send out to the shed.

Twin baby boy is feeling a bit better. Although he has been getting up at night, he isn't screaming inconsolably or running a fever. He's a fair bit happier during the day too.

I'm making a macaroni casserole for lunch today. I'm making sweet and sour pork with rice and boiled veggies for supper tonight. I'm still figuring out the meal plans for later in the week. I don't have any daycare kids from Wed-Sun this week. We have busy evenings Tue, Wed, Th this week. I have to consider these things when meal planning. I'll need to step out to Wal-Mart this evening for Huggies diapers if CO51 doesn't run out of the offers before then. I didn't go shopping at all this weekend because I had my daycare kids. Today is 8 days in a row with daycare kids.

edit: One of my daycare boys asked to help me make lunch and he had a blast. I ended up making a fairly be batch of macaroni casserole, so I filled two yogurt containers and put them in the freezer. Dh doesn't really like casseroles, so I'll use these for daycare lunches another week.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Oct 24th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information