User Tag List

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2563Likes

Thread: October 2016 Frugal Chatter Thread All Welcome!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -ashlyn is not trained thru the night -she wears a pullup at nap time and night and she is 3 years 1 month on nov 6 -it may take awhile
    barbis9 thanks for the tips -I have bought the cliniderm and it didn't really do a thing -today I bought tea tree shampoo by jasons -as a lot of reviews on line said tea tree shampoo helps -I am 57 now and have had this about a year now -I did try a ginger shampoo by the body shop -I do find that hot oil treatment capsules help now and then -maybe cause its putting a lot of moisture back in -don't really want to go to doctors as we pay for our prescriptions now -thank you thou for all the help
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I'm deleting my post because I want to study a bit more on the topic of flu shots before coming to a more informed decision as to whether or not I will go ahead with the shot or not....
    Last edited by momof5boys; Thu, Oct 27th, 2016 at 06:45 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I'm deleting my post because I want to study a bit more on the topic of flu shots before coming to a more informed decision as to whether or not I will go ahead with the shot or not....
    You likely noticed on Rexall's Facebook page that there is a link to a consent form whenever the flu shot post is posted.
    barbis9 and jasperandchar like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I've had a bit of an emotional roller coaster today. I've been up since 4am the last two days. A friend visited for a couple hours this morning, I hadn't seen her in months. I grabbed the mail after picking our son up from Pre-K. The mail had a $5 Dole produce coupon (valid issue with produce), Chapman's lunch bag, first PDAP cheque which will pay for most of the furnace bill. I took all the kids with me to the bank. When I came out of the bank I discovered that someone had done a hit-and-run on the back bumper of my new van. The damage isn't severe, but I'm still not impressed. The bank told me that they don't have cameras pointing to the street, even though I was parked directly in front of my bank. I stepped out to Sobeys and saved 30% on the 5 items that I purchased, and picked up my free prenantal vitamins from the pharmacy. I'm preparing a box of food for a single mom that recently had surgery. I do not know the woman and I am experiencing some difficulties getting the groceries to her.

Our son should be getting back from Can-Skate soon. I fed him supper before they left. Baked chicken legs, boiled broccoli, KD, and a glass of milk. We also baked a pan of oatmeal squares, I'm looking forward to having some later.

edit: The squares are a recipe that I call addictive, but it is dry for some reason. I used Imperial margarine, I usually use Sobeys store brand. The oven might have been too hot after baking the chicken, I'm disappointed...especially since it has some more expensive ingredients in it, including pecans.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 27th, 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Too bad about the crash, that just sucks.

But... you're pregnant? How did I miss that news, or did I just forget?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ Too bad about the crash, that just sucks.

But... you're pregnant? How did I miss that news, or did I just forget?
    Nope. Definitely not pregnant. I still take the prenatal multivitamin because I am still exclusively nursing our twins, so I'm helping to protect my body. I'm just stressed with all this PDAP stuff, trying to sell my truck, and dealing with life. I need more sleep too, which makes an emotional roller coaster worse.

While le doing laundry tonight twin baby girl hurt herself while playing in the next room. She scared me half to death until I was able to help her properly.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Oct 27th, 2016 at 10:56 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ok, I just assumed because of them.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, I just assumed because of them.
    I had to re-read my post to figure out why you thought I was pregnant. I have been taking prenatal vitamins through the Sobeys Baby Be Healthy program for about 5yrs straight.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Friday; Good Morning, everyone! Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Wowsers, today is our son's 25th birthday!

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Friday; Good Morning, everyone! Hoping you all have a wonderful day!

Wowsers, today is our son's 25th birthday!

Happy Birthday to Milan. Congratulations to the parents for raising a god kid.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    sweetsparrow -ashlyn is not trained thru the night -she wears a pullup at nap time and night and she is 3 years 1 month on nov 6 -it may take awhile
    My mother told me she had my oldest brother completely trained at 8 months, but woke through the night to take him to the toilet. Back then, it was the 1950s and she was already pregnant with my sister. I couldn't imagine doing or attempting that and I'm also much older than my mother when she had her first child.

It was surprising how fast LO was when we tried the training though. It wasn't without bumps and a whole lot of laundry. But, I'm sure you remember going through that yourself. It's sad though that it's now the daycares that tell you when your child is ready and not being able to completely determine that yourself if you decide to keep working.

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I never used to get the flu shot until the last two years. I was able to keep well and healthy just by avoiding public transit and washing my hands. Supposedly, I'm in a high risk group as I have a very weak immune system, but I've managed to do without. Now with LO and pregnant, I can't afford to be in ICU. When DH gets sick, he might have the flu for a week or so. When I get sick, it lasts for one full month if I'm lucky and much longer if I get bronchitis. I'll reconsider stopping again once the new baby is much older, but yes, it certainly helps to research. I have several friends in the medical profession and also several that are against medicating their children for any reason and it's interesting to hear both perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I had to re-read my post to figure out why you thought I was pregnant. I have been taking prenatal vitamins through the Sobeys Baby Be Healthy program for about 5yrs straight.
    As soon as I heard you were taking prenatal vitamins, I knew you were on the Sobey's program!

@Natalka: Sobeys gives free vitamins for pregnant women and nursing mothers and I'd take them in place of the expensive multivitamins from Jamieson. Too bad Sobey's is quite far for me so it doesn't happen often!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Oct 28th, 2016 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Spacing

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Natalka : Happy birthday to your son!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!

Out of town hockey game tonight. Home game tomorrow. Family Thanksgiving Turkey dinner tomorrow as well.
    Sunday- Day of rest and getting ready for the week Hoping its a sunny nice day and DS and I can take the pup for a hike and get some pine for our front porch urns

I posted a few items yesterday and have 2 sales pending pick up tomorrow before we leave for hockey.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Oct 28th, 2016 at 09:42 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Natalka happy birthday to Milan
    @Angela273 hope you can get a good nights rest, being sleep deprived affect the mood terribly

PD day here both guys went over to MIL because she has M&M chicken wings

It's beautiful outside it snowed here about 10cm. We've been making fires in the woodstove since last week, it's our primary source of heat, we haven't had the furnace on in 4 years BUT that's only because I'm home to tend to the fire. I'm going to start cooking on the woodstove again to save on hydro.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yum! Just had the best pasta for lunch (leftovers from last nights dinner)

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information