User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nalaric
  • 2 Post By heidyhoe

Thread: Has something changed??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today i decided to purchase items that i have been wanting and use up some points. I decided to use coupons on some items to make my shopping trip stretch. I had a total of $39.04 -$7 in coupons =32.04 + 5.08(taxes) total 37.12. I told the cashier i wanted to redeem 22000 points for $30 and pay the remainder by cash. Well that's where all things went wrong.... the computer would not allow using coupons and a redemption. I was told i could not do both and was accused of double dipping.I said what are you talking about i am using coupons on some items as i usually do and wanted to use up some of my points but there was no way she could do it . Has anyone encountered this issue, has the rules changed? If anyone has any info i would appreciate it. I find the new system has really made using coupons, redemptions and gift cards more of a pain than it ever used to be.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heidyhoe View Post
    Today i decided to purchase items that i have been wanting and use up some points. I decided to use coupons on some items to make my shopping trip stretch. I had a total of $39.04 -$7 in coupons =32.04 + 5.08(taxes) total 37.12. I told the cashier i wanted to redeem 22000 points for $30 and pay the remainder by cash. Well that's where all things went wrong.... the computer would not allow using coupons and a redemption. I was told i could not do both and was accused of double dipping.I said what are you talking about i am using coupons on some items as i usually do and wanted to use up some of my points but there was no way she could do it . Has anyone encountered this issue, has the rules changed? If anyone has any info i would appreciate it. I find the new system has really made using coupons, redemptions and gift cards more of a pain than it ever used to be.

The order in which you do things has changed. You need to do the redemption first. Then enter the coupons. I do it all the time. Coupons are tender. They need to be put in last.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Actually with the new system you have to redeem points first then coupons go through on remaining balalan at the end.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So the way i understand is that my total would be $44.12 . I would ask to redeem 22000 points for $30. which would leave a total of $14.12. I would then proceed with giving her my $7 in coupons to bring my total out of pocket to $7.12
    Anna Michele and momi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yup!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the clarification. Hope the cashiers at my store understand this...lol

One more question . If i received a gift card and wanted to use it against my total would that be considered the same as a redemption? Would i have to do the same process pay with gift card then give coupons? Or would it be like before, give teller coupons then swipe gift card and pay balance. Sorry for the questions but these new rules have me confused and the tellers at my store also need obviously more training.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by heidyhoe View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Hope the cashiers at my store understand this...lol

One more question . If i received a gift card and wanted to use it against my total would that be considered the same as a redemption? Would i have to do the same process pay with gift card then give coupons? Or would it be like before, give teller coupons then swipe gift card and pay balance. Sorry for the questions but these new rules have me confused and the tellers at my store also need obviously more training.
    No, payment is last. Redemption, coupons, payment. Or coupons, payment.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Thread Information